I'm now in quarantine for 14 days, starting today. :neutral:
    Nooooooo!!!!  :'( :'( :'(
    Michelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    My roommate just tested positive.
    Oh no!  Take care, and be careful.

What do you do when in quarantine with someone who has it?  How do you not get it?
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited May 2020
    Cory said:
    Michelle said:
    Oh no!  Take care, and be careful.

What do you do when in quarantine with someone who has it?  How do you not get it?
    Thank you.
    She’s in isolation and wearing a mask when leaving her bedroom.  We share a bathroom though, so I’m sanitizing like crazy, more so than normal.

Hindsight... wishing I had my own home and no roommates right now. 
    edited May 2020

CapeGabe said:
    That sucks. Stay well.
    Thanks, I’m doing everything I can.  I’m going to try to be tested on Monday.
    cdrive said:
    Nooooooo!!!!  :'( :'( :'(
    I know! :(
  • Take care @Michelle !
    NoelFreddyMichelle
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    You got this @Michelle! Hope all stays well with you.
    FreddyMichelle
    tom_g said:
    Take care @Michelle !
    Thank you!
    Noel said:
    You got this @Michelle! Hope all stays well with you.
    Thank you!  I’m hoping to get in as early as possible on Monday to be tested.
    NoelJoshuaHeter
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Stay safe!
    Michelle
    https://us.yahoo.com/news/terrifying-mechanical-dog-now-stalking-203902608.html

Haven’t seen these personally but I have seen “undercover” police all over the place just waiting to hand out fines. They are so obvious it’s kind of funny but whatever they are just doing there job and people can get stupid here over food so I kind of like knowing there’s people in charge near. 
  • It looks like Singapore lost control once the virus got in the workers' dormitories.  I imagine they've managed to contain it there for now.

Hatorian
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Michelle said:
    Oh god, that’s so stressful for you.

if your test is negative are you allowed to go and stay somewhere else or do you still have to quarantine?
    Michelle
    Dee said:
    Michelle said:
    Oh god, that’s so stressful for you.

if your test is negative are you allowed to go and stay somewhere else or do you still have to quarantine?
    Thanks, Dee.  Yeah, I'm pretty stressed out right now, maybe overly worried... part of me is thinking "take it easy on yourself, sanitize, wash your hands, & get tested" and I know that's probably what I should be doing, but I can't help the other part of me which is silently freaking out and thinking "omggggggggg fucking great :( ".

I don't know if I can go stay somewhere else (hotel room?) or not if I test negative.  Good question.  The earliest test date I could get is Thursday 9:00 am.  Not looking forward to a swab going halfway up my head. :cry:

Freddy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle I hope you (and your roommate) are okay. Keep us up to date with how you’re going. <3
    JoshuaHeterMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited May 2020
    @Michelle - oh no! please stay safe and hang in there. wishing the best to you and your roommate!

FreddyMichelle
    Chinaski said:
    @Michelle - oh no! please stay safe and hang in there. wishing the best to you and your roommate!
    Thanks!  I'm ok so far, trying to stay upbeat but still stressed and anxious. :(
    Dee said:
    @Michelle I hope you (and your roommate) are okay. Keep us up to date with how you’re going. <3
    Thanks Dee :heart:
    It looks like Singapore lost control once the virus got in the workers' dormitories.  I imagine they've managed to contain it there for now.

Yea. It’s under control now. The population outside of the migrant workers is actually below 20 a day now. And the migrant workers is steady at like 400-500 a day. They also built a temporary medical Center that can house 20,000 people. I don’t think it’s done yet but they will be prepared if there is a second wave. 
  • Sorry @Michelle! Here's hoping you'll be negative or maybe better yet, a lucky asymptomatic positive. I have a couple of friends who have had it, and they didn't get very sick at all and have recovered just fine. I know it's worrisome and stressful though, so try to stay positive.
    Michelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    oh my god I could go home right now and have the car packed in an hour.

cdrive said:
    oh my god I could go home right now and have the car packed in an hour.

I’d be staying wayyyyy far away from Florida right now!  But I get you. 

Marci said:
    Sorry @Michelle! Here's hoping you'll be negative or maybe better yet, a lucky asymptomatic positive. I have a couple of friends who have had it, and they didn't get very sick at all and have recovered just fine. I know it's worrisome and stressful though, so try to stay positive.
    Thank you!  I think it only takes a couple of days to get results, and I test on Thursday morning, so I should know by the weekend.  It’s going to suck though until I know that my roommate has recovered & goes back to work, and that I am (hopefully) negative.  My anxiety is on high until then.
    Marci
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Michelle said:

I’d be staying wayyyyy far away from Florida right now!  But I get you. 
    No but for real. Look at that live Webcam with zero people at the beach. Gahhh it's sooooo tempting.  So tempting. 

Hope you're doing okay, Michelle.  You got a lot of your BM fam here thinking about you!  
    FlukesNoel
    cdrive said:
    No but for real. Look at that live Webcam with zero people at the beach. Gahhh it's sooooo tempting.  So tempting. 

Hope you're doing okay, Michelle.  You got a lot of your BM fam here thinking about you!  
    A big ol' beach all to yourself is the dream!  But still.... Florida.

And thank you!  
    Flukes
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

Michelle said:
     The earliest test date I could get is Thursday 9:00 am.  Not looking forward to a swab going halfway up my head. :cry:

That is way too long, what the hell. I can't imagine having to sit there for a week with no idea if you have it or not.
    Michelle
  • Michelle said:
    Little behind on this but I'm so sorry to hear that. Nobody needs the added stress during this time. My fingers are crossed that your test on Thursday comes up negative and you're able to avoid this. 
    Michelle
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I'm sorry you have to go through this new anxious chapter @Michelle. I suspect many of us will be in your position before this is over.
    Michelle
  • Ack! I just checked in on this thread and heard the news. I hope you're able to avoid getting the virus, Michelle! Good luck with the test.
    NoelMichelle
    edited May 2020
    That is way too long, what the hell. I can't imagine having to sit there for a week with no idea if you have it or not.
    We only have one testing facility here aside from the hospital (who is only testing if you're symptomatic), so for our county the appointments fill quickly.  But yeah, it's not a fun week!

awookiee said:
    Little behind on this but I'm so sorry to hear that. Nobody needs the added stress during this time. My fingers are crossed that your test on Thursday comes up negative and you're able to avoid this. 
    Thank you! 

Flukes said:
    I'm sorry you have to go through this new anxious chapter @Michelle. I suspect many of us will be in your position before this is over.
    Thanks, Flukes.  I'm hoping the opposite is true and that we all stay safe and healthy!

Jim said:
    Ack! I just checked in on this thread and heard the news. I hope you're able to avoid getting the virus, Michelle! Good luck with the test.
    Thanks, @Jim!  I should know by Saturday, since (I think) results only take about 48 hours.

Also, I know I've thanked everyone individually, but I wanted to give a big group thanks to everyone for being so sweet!  I love our fam here. :heart:
    JoshuaHeterDoubleA_RonbizmarkiefaderGiovanniFlukesJSDCACapeGabeNoelcdriveFreddy
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Had a physical this morning and asked to be tested for antibodies. I really think what I had over November and December could have been it. The NP agreed and suggested we test for active infection too. They only took blood, no nasal swab.  She said results take 24-48 hours.  I had a strongly diminished sense of taste and smell in December. 
    MichelleFlukes