Coronavirus / COVID-19

1606162636466»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Just got my 2nd Pfizer dose! :smile:
    cdriveHatorianmharmlessMrXChinaskiJoshTheBlackCretanBull
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited April 9
    Follow up comment - holy sh*t, that second dose is no joke.  Apparently some people don't even get the side effects but let me tell you, if you are getting the Pfizer vaccine, be prepared just in case.  When I say it was one of the worst headaches I've ever had.... relentless throbbing and pressure at my temples and Tylenol didn't help much.  I had body aches and chills as well, and was just flat out tired - the latter of which I was grateful for, since I was able to just wrap up in a blanket and sleep my way through most of it.  I stayed home from work yesterday to ride it out, but am back in the office now and feeling pretty good.  I mean, at least I knew what it was and why, and just kept in mind that it's for a good reason, for the greater good, so the motto I used to try to keep myself 'up' about it all was "I've never been so happy to feel so crappy". :sweat_smile:

Go get vaccinated, folks!  You might feel totally sh*tty for a day or two but it's worth it! :heart:
    HatoriancdriveDeeKela15JoshuaHeterMmmBopweeniegirl
  • I felt horrible for a day, but, then, I swear, better than ever for a week.  Might just have been euphoria. 
    FreddyMichelleMmmBopweeniegirl
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    tom_g said:
    I felt horrible for a day, but, then, I swear, better than ever for a week.  Might just have been euphoria. 
    I mean, by most accounts you just survived the plague that a lifetime of movies, tv shows, and books told you was going to be one hell of a bitter end.
    HatorianMmmBop
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    Taking my first AZ shot on Friday... I am so thankful and I know I should be stoked but I’m feeling a bit paranoid to be honest...
    cdriveDeeMichelleMmmBop
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    I got my first dose of Moderna yesterday (thank you Dolly Parton!)... feel 100% normal. We’ll see how things go for round 2 in 28 days.
    cdriveMichelleKela15
  • Dose 2 of Pfizer received last night.  Feel tired today, but pretty mild side effects for sure.  The relief at being another big step closer to seeing family without the same level of concern is immeasurable. 
    cdriveKela15Michelle
    GA opens up vaccines to everyone 16+ as of today.  I'm scheduled for the Pfizer next Friday!  I got that vaccinated attitude coming my way. 

This is gonna be me: 
    (NSFW: Language, sexually vulgar speech, man gyrating in nothing but headphones and boxer-briefs, staaaaanky groove.)

Thank you for the gift of Marc Rebillet!
    JoshTheBlack
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Kela15 said:
    GA opens up vaccines to everyone 16+ as of today.  I'm scheduled for the Pfizer next Friday!  I got that vaccinated attitude coming my way. 

This is gonna be me: 
    (NSFW: Language, sexually vulgar speech, man gyrating in nothing but headphones and boxer-briefs, staaaaanky groove.)

Kela15 said:

This is gonna be me: 

He showed up on a Facebook ad for some beer. I was like “vaccine dude!”
    Kela15
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    Hatorian said:
    Kela15 said:

This is gonna be me: 

Kela15 said:

This is gonna be me: 

He showed up on a Facebook ad for some beer. I was like “vaccine dude!”

Somebody here on the forums turned me on to him.  Maybe in the youtube recommendation thread?  Can't remember who, but think you kind BMer.
    Kela15
    Got my first AZ dose today. Fingers and toes crossed...
    cdriveMichelleDeeweeniegirl
  • I’m glad to see so many people are getting vaccinated! I got my 2nd Pfizer shot on the 6th. I was achy and tired for about a day and a half, but nothing serious at all.
    Michellecdriveweeniegirl
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    Kela15 said:
    Got my first AZ dose today. Fingers and toes crossed...
    You will be fine. I think a lot of the AZ bashing is political. No I’m not saying nobody has died but tbf they have with other vaccine. Pharm companies following the money.
    Kela15
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    getting my first Pfizer dose this Friday! it's a good feeling.

cdrivetom_gMichelleGiovanniweeniegirlMarciKela15
  • I got my 1st dose of the Pfizer shot last week and it was totally fine.  When I woke up the following morning my arm was a little sore, but once I got up, on my feet and moving around it went away in a couple of hours.
    cdriveChinaskiMichelleMarci
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    Just got my 2nd dose of Moderna two days ago! The day after I woke up feeling like I had the flu. Low fever, aches, exhausted. Fortunately my husband was able to take off work so I could sleep all day, and I woke up this morning feeling great. So happy to be done!
    MichellecdriveMarciKela15
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I got my second Moderna and only felt a little tired the next day. My boyfriend got his second and had vice-grip headaches, achy body, and slept for two days. I guess it just depends. 
    MichelleweeniegirlcdriveMarciKela15
  • It’s pretty amazing to watch this thread go from covid infections and scares from bm members and their families to comment after comment reporting vaccination. It’s a psychological 180 to me and I feel like I’d like to revisit this thread in ten years or so. My condolences to those and their families affected by the virus. 
    CretanBullcdriveMarciKela15
    Just got my 2nd pfizer dose. I wasn't worried before, but I just listened to lunch and heard about Jim's  side effects. If it can happen to a robot, I don't stand a chance!
    cdrivebizmarkiefaderMarci
    Guess I'm not invincible. Had a rough night after dose 2.  Feeling better now though.
    cdriveMichelleMarciKela15weeniegirl
  • Got my second Pfizer dose yesterday too, not really sick feeling today but I am feeling very lethargic. Go antibodies go!
    cdriveMichelleMarciKela15weeniegirl
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    got my first Pfizer dose yesterday. as the day went on i felt like i was weirdly high and head felt foggy. today my arm is pretty damn sore, feel like i got 2 for flinching.
    cdriveMichelleMarciasmallcat
  • Chinaski said:
    got my first Pfizer dose yesterday. as the day went on i felt like i was weirdly high and head felt foggy. today my arm is pretty damn sore, feel like i got 2 for flinching.

Foggy is a good way to describe how I felt much of today as well. Also I made the mistake of doing some work in the garden and now my arm and shoulder is sore as fuck.
    I'm about 31 hours out from the 2nd dose now.  A few hours after the 2nd dose, I was feeling lethargic and wound up dozing on and off.  About 12 hours in I got the chills and fever. About 18 hours in, splitting headache.  Tylenol normalized most of the symptoms, but still felt off/chills.  By 24 hours I was basically back to baseline. Maybe a bit of lethargy, maybe just placebo.

It was totally worth it!  I'd recommend having tylenol on hand and have 24-48 hours off work after the 2nd dose, just in case.
    Michelle
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Hello lockdown, my old fried.

And fuck you, Ontario
    I gotta say, I haven’t been feeling well after my first AZ shot two weeks ago. I was wiped out for two days with flu-like symptoms. Then I got gastrointestinal troubles. Yesterday was the pits. I just hope I may have turned a corner now. That said, I will def be taking my second dose. Still grateful.
    Michelleasmallcat
  • Second shot done yesterday! So far just arm pain and generally weird feeling, so I’ll count that as a win. 
    cdriveMichelle
    Remember last year when Utopia came out, and I said it was irresponsible?  See Tucker Carlson pushing the plot twist tonight regarding COVID vaccines.