Coronavirus / COVID-19

1707172737476»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    @Chinaski I hope it comes back negative as well!  A dad only has so many shirts! :sweat_smile: :heart: #GoodDadGang
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hey @Michelle, how are you and the fam doing? 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    my kid tested negative (thank goodness) and back at school. just scheduled my booster for next thursday.
    MichellecdriveDeeCretanBullCoryMarci
    Dee said:
    Hey @Michelle, how are you and the fam doing? 

Fam's still positive, just riding it out.  I'm still testing negative, but I do have a bad sore throat, wheezing/'bubbling' (you know what I mean) in my lungs, sore inner ears, and sinus thing.  I've been sleeping, taking Nyquil & Dayquil, cough drops, and sipping on hot liquids.  And it's so close to Christmas. :cry:
    Thanks for checking in. :heart:

@Chinaski I'm sooooo glad she tested negative! :heart:
    DeeChinaskiCoryMarcicdrive
  • Hope you feel better soon and the family too @Michelle!
    Michelle
    i had to cancel tomorrows booster appointment cause i've had 'symptoms' for several days that i just can't kick. i'm still not feeling all that great (running nose with chest congestion) but no fever which is good. if i had to guess i caught whatever my daughter had last week. i got tested yesterday so now i just wait which is quite unsettling.
    Chinaski said:
    i had to cancel tomorrows booster appointment cause i've had 'symptoms' for several days that i just can't kick. i'm still not feeling all that great (running nose with chest congestion) but no fever which is good. if i had to guess i caught whatever my daughter had last week. i got tested yesterday so now i just wait which is quite unsettling.

Ugh, sorry you're not feeling well!  Your symptoms sound exactly like what I've been dealing with the the past week.  I finally went to the ER on Sunday and they told me it's just viral - sleep, OTC meds, liquids are the key to getting over it.  But also, just in case you wanted quicker results, Walgreens has the rapid tests available for purchase.  You get 2 in a box for $23.  They take 15 min.   Hoping you're feeling better soon. :heart:
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Pushing good vibes to you @Chinaski
    Chinaski
    thanks @Michelle, i basically have been doing what the ER recommended to you. it's weird cause it started off as a scratchy throat, chest congestion, and cough (sat-tues). i was just glad i wasn't stuffed or had to a runny nose. then today, hello stuffy head and runny nose :# . but at least my throat and chest feel better.

so all the Walgreens around me (including the one I got tested at) sold out of the rapid tests super quick. i imagine it'll be like that for awhile. thankfully my work offers free kits (i think they said its like 3 to a pack) so i'll be picking those up as soon as i start feeling better.
    Michellecdrive
    I guess people are not able to do free drive thru tests thru Walgreens and CVS anymore? We did that a few times with ease in the before Omicron times.  I remember seeing the rapid tests back then and saying “why would someone buy this when you can go thru the drive thru for free?”  Well luckily my wife got rapid tests a while back from her work. 

We were going to test before doing our Christmas with my Mom tonight. Well she texts this morning she’s possibly exposed and won’t have test results until tomorrow, so we had to postpone. (She’s fully vaxxed and boosted like us). I had to beforehand ask the tough question if her new “friend” she wanted us to meet was fully vaxxed, which he is, and she said she was proud of me for asking.

BECAUSE my fricken Dad and his wife invited us to their Christmas party where they disclosed to us that NINE families that would be there are unvaccinated. What the freaking hell dude. I’m glad they told us so we could “respectfully” (not really) decline, but he never had this many people at his oyster fry. It’s like he invited his whole dang parish or all his Knights of Columbus pals. Disappointing. They’re vaxxed and boosted but I can’t believe they are opening doors to the unvaccinated and that many. I honestly don’t even want to cheers my holiday cup with these type of unvaccinated people. Cause they suck. 
    DeeMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited December 2021
    @Chinaski - hope you feel better soon! Is your kiddo all better now? Bloody kids - little germ super spreaders. I do not miss the days of Lily coming home with every bug going around and passing it on to me.

My Corona anxiety has ramped up big time since we opened state borders a month ago. We went from having no community cases (just one or two a day in hotel quarantine from people travelling in) for months to having 484 yesterday, up from 198 the day before. That may not seem like a lot to many people here but when you go from 0 to 484 daily cases in a month in a small city of a million people, it’s a worry. For the first time we are starting to actually know people who have it. 

I am getting my booster on Wed, which I hope will make me feel less stressed about it, but it then I thought being vaccinated would make me feel less stressed, so who the hell knows. 
    ChinaskiMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @cdrive Not in a million years would I be partying with the unvaxxed right now!
    cdriveMichelle
    i did my test on Tuesday at a Walgreens drive thru so I know they're still doing it. now getting an appointment, that was a pain in the ass. i had to go to San Jose at some random Walgreens that had ONE appointment available. every other Walgreens withiin 25 miles of me had nothing until next week. still waiting unpatiently for my results :#.

and a giant yikes to your situation with your pops xmas party. NINE families!? yeah, i'd hard pass too.
    Michelle
    Dee said:
    @Chinaski - hope you feel better soon! Is your kiddo all better now? Bloody kids - little germ super spreaders. I do not miss the days of Lily coming home with every bug going around and passing it on to me.
    she got better late last week, right when i started feeling sick. now she's turning the tables and basically pestering me like i pestered her. 'stop touching your face', 'drink more water', 'get some rest', 'take your medicine', :|
    MichelleDee
    Chinaski said:
    i did my test on Tuesday at a Walgreens drive thru so I know they're still doing it. now getting an appointment, that was a pain in the ass. i had to go to San Jose at some random Walgreens that had ONE appointment available. every other Walgreens withiin 25 miles of me had nothing until next week. still waiting unpatiently for my results :#.

and a giant yikes to your situation with your pops xmas party. NINE families!? yeah, i'd hard pass too.
    But do you know the way to San Jose?

I am so sorry I just couldn’t resist. 
    ChinaskiMichelle
    haha sadly i do.
    cdriveMichelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Saw a lot of home test kits at Walgreens near me today but didn’t bother to get anyway. Heard and read they are very unreliable. If I suspect COVID I’ll get the drive thu test and quarantine  until I get my results. 
    Saw a lot of home test kits at Walgreens near me today but didn’t bother to get anyway. Heard and read they are very unreliable. If I suspect COVID I’ll get the drive thu test and quarantine  until I get my results. 

They sell a few different ones, but the main one they keep stocked is the BinaxNOW, which has been generally regarded as very reliable.
    Thanks @Michelle. I’ll have to check that one out
    Michelle
    Thanks @Michelle. I’ll have to check that one out

Hopefully they're stocked where you are.  I've heard there's been a run on them lately, but stores should be limiting to 2 per customer (2 tests per box, so you get 4 tests).  They're $23 each.  It's a rectangular blue box.  Good luck!
    got my results, and no Covid up in here. phew! now i just gotta fully kick whatever i have going on. feeling better, just not 100%.
    cdriveMichelleJoshuaHeterDeeMarciJoshTheBlack
    Brother-in-law‘s family has Covid. -4 of people for Christmas dinner. They say they feel horrible I don’t know what variant they have yet. They use the home test and went yesterday to get the other doctor test.
    finally got my booster yesterday morning. felt fine most of the day, even went on a 7 mile walk. then at night after dinner i got REALLY tired and melted away on my couch. slept like 11 hours, woke up with a somewhat sore arm (that is now going away), and for the most part feeling fine. no where near the ass kicking the second jab gave me back in May. that one sucked.
    DeeCretanBullMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski I had mine about 9:30 in the morning, felt fine all day and thought I’d dodged any side effects, but then woke up feeling like I’d been hit by a truck - really sore arm that felt like I had a brick hanging off the end, and really sore muscles and joints. Only lasted a day though, thankfully. 
    ChinaskiCretanBullMichelle
    @Dee - that's how i felt after my second one. even had a fever up to like 101.5. glad you are feeling better and it only lasted a day.
    DeeCretanBullMichelle