Picard – S01E10 – Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2 - Podcast Discussion

CecilyCecily Cincinnati
edited March 2020 in Picard

Comments

• They're so right about Riker being the MVP. He accomplished more in a single, offscreen conversation than Picard and the snakeleaf lady could in more than a decade. I wonder if they shot a scene with him and Admiral Clancy but it was just too hot to air.
    JimFlukesvisi0nA_Ron_Hubbard
  • edited March 2020
    LOL, I love the eyeball thumbnail on the main page right now. Thanks for that!

I think we are supposed to understand that the reason that Sutra was specifically shitty towards humanity, was because her cyber-twin was ghosted by the meat captain on Rios' old ship.     But I get the confusion, the story wasn't well told.     

For the parts in the podcast about the creators restraining from looping in The Control plot-line from Disco.  There are time travel shenanigans that made that a possibility.  Really glad they didn't indulge. 

Riker MVP++ for sure.   

Thanks for covering Season 1, your affection for this franchise really showed through and made it a fun podcast to follow through.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    They're so right about Riker being the MVP. He accomplished more in a single, offscreen conversation than Picard and the snakeleaf lady could in more than a decade. I wonder if they shot a scene with him and Admiral Clancy but it was just too hot to air.
    He probably pulled the "Riker Maneuver" on Clancy.

A_Ron_Hubbard
  • CoryCory New Scotland
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Finished the season and I wanted to love it. But not sure I even liked it. Like Jim said, the writing is so bad and that’s impossible to overlook. And so many dangling plots. For example, there’s no mention of Narek in the end. Where’d he go? Is he pissed his sister was killed? And Picard goes from quasi-Borg to a Synth that can die? And will the real Agnes step forward. 

This show is maybe good enough to be a Saturday morning cartoon...maybe. 
    Cory
  • I can't believe Jurati is just supposed to be rehabilitated with that minimal explanation about the mind meld.  

Finished the season and I wanted to love it. But not sure I even liked it. Like Jim said, the writing is so bad and that’s impossible to overlook. And so many dangling plots. For example, there’s no mention of Narek in the end. Where’d he go? Is he pissed his sister was killed? And Picard goes from quasi-Borg to a Synth that can die? And will the real Agnes step forward. 

This show is maybe good enough to be a Saturday morning cartoon...maybe.