NFL 21/22

Comments

• awookiee said:
    Buffalo!  We're #1!! We're #1!! We're #1*

(*until a field goal is required in the Super Bowl)
    Diggs' big catch was phenomenal yesterday. I know Justin Jefferson is looking good a couple games in for the Vikings but I'll forever miss Diggs. He's a bit of a drama queen but the dude can ball with the best of them when he's given the opportunity. Aka Buffalo's offensive line can protect Allen long enough for Diggs to shine whereas the Vikings offensive line is about as bad as they come. 
    This is all Greek to me, but it sounds like you're a Vikings fan and they traded someone to Buffalo who is now doing well?

(I don't actually know any of the players or watch the games...Buffalo is just the closest team to Toronto so I cheer for them!)
  • awookiee said:

Diggs' big catch was phenomenal yesterday. I know Justin Jefferson is looking good a couple games in for the Vikings but I'll forever miss Diggs. He's a bit of a drama queen but the dude can ball with the best of them when he's given the opportunity. Aka Buffalo's offensive line can protect Allen long enough for Diggs to shine whereas the Vikings offensive line is about as bad as they come. 
    This is all Greek to me, but it sounds like you're a Vikings fan and they traded someone to Buffalo who is now doing well?

(I don't actually know any of the players or watch the games...Buffalo is just the closest team to Toronto so I cheer for them!)

Diggs was a very good receiver for the Vikings who got frustrated last year with the QB play and basically demanded a trade so he was traded to the Bills for a first rounder. They used that pick to get Jefferson who looks extremely good for a rookie. Worked out for both sides, Diggs is doing what the Bills hoped he'd be doing and the Vikings got a young replacement on a rookie deal. I'm not a Vikings fan but I assume as long as he isn't trashing the Vikings anymore Diggs is always going to eat free in MN just from this play.
    CretanBull
  • awookiee said:

Yes you nailed it right on the head. I, unfortunately, am a Vikings fan so I'm very used to getting my hopes up only to be let down time and time again. Stefon Diggs played wide receiver for the Vikings last year and was traded to the Bills in the off-season. He's doing extremely well in Buffalo.

If you want to see his big highlight moment from his time in Minnesota, look up the "Minneapolis Miracle." When that happened I was actually on a plane coming back from a cruise and the plane was packed with Vikings jerseys and the plane had TVs in the headrests. When he made the catch the entire plane erupted with cheering. It was one of those sports moments I'll never forget. Then after that great win over the Saints we got absolutely steamrolled by the Eagles in Phili. Like I said, you have to be ready for a lot of disappointments being a Vikings fan.
    CretanBull
  • I watched that video, nice catch!  I always get nervous when I see them hold the ball out before they cross the line.  If I ever played (and I haven't, and won't!) I'd cradle that thing and keep it as close to my body as humanly possible until I heard the whistle.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited October 2020
    I watched that video, nice catch!  I always get nervous when I see them hold the ball out before they cross the line.  If I ever played (and I haven't, and won't!) I'd cradle that thing and keep it as close to my body as humanly possible until I heard the whistle.
    yeah, or else something like this happens :#

awookieeCretanBullNoel
    or this vs your Bills in the Super Bowl back in the day :D

awookieeCretanBull
  • That bothers me as much as when I watch baseball and the batter doesn't run-out an infield groundball.  I don't care if the world's best shortstop is throwing to the world's best first baseman...sprint down that line like a MF'er and put some pressure on the throw/catch.
    Chinaski
  • If I was a Texans fan I would really want to know why they let this guy destroy their future assets if he was on a short enough leash to be fired after four games. Now they aren't even pretending there is some plan there, the best wideout in the league and all their picks are just gone. Watson should be enough to attract a good coach but finding a GM willing to inherit this mess without like a ten year deal is going to be challenging.
  • awookiee said:
    cdrive said:
    0-3 Texans vs 0-3 Vikings
    0-3 @cdrive vs 0-3 @CretanBull

:D 

Honestly I expected the Vikes to lose that game in typical Minnesota fashion.  I have to thank @Hatorian for drafting me a team that's led me to a  3-1 start to the season. 
    Actually TWO 3-1 drafted teams. 
    awookiee
  • Hatorian said:
    awookiee said:
    cdrive said:
    0-3 Texans vs 0-3 Vikings
    0-3 @cdrive vs 0-3 @CretanBull

:D 

Honestly I expected the Vikes to lose that game in typical Minnesota fashion.  I have to thank @Hatorian for drafting me a team that's led me to a  3-1 start to the season. 
    Actually TWO 3-1 drafted teams. 
    Is this your humble way of saying... 

Hatorian
  • I can finally log back in! Time for more completely uninformed football hot luke warm takes! 

The Lions still suck. 

But not as bad as the Texans. Later BoB! I'm only 1/2 joking when I say I fully expect the Lions to fire Patricia and Quinn and hire you. 

But seriously fire Patricia, he sucks ass. 

This year it's gonna be a Seahawks Chiefs super bowl where the score is 58-51. Put it in the books. 
  • asmallcat said:
    I can finally log back in! Time for more completely uninformed football hot luke warm takes! 

The Lions still suck. 

But not as bad as the Texans. Later BoB! I'm only 1/2 joking when I say I fully expect the Lions to fire Patricia and Quinn and hire you. 

But seriously fire Patricia, he sucks ass. 

This year it's gonna be a Seahawks Chiefs super bowl where the score is 58-51. Put it in the books. 
    While I don't follow the Lions very closely I think I agree with everything you said. The Seahawks look extremely good but I expected them to beat the Dolphins by more last week. 
  • awookiee said:
    While I don't follow the Lions very closely I think I agree with everything you said. The Seahawks look extremely good but I expected them to beat the Dolphins by more last week. 
    "The Lions have now lost 6 consecutive games in which they led by 10+ points, the longest such streak in NFL history." 

We're extremely good at exactly one thing - setting records no one wants to set. 

Blowing that many leads is 100% on coaching. 
    Hatorian
  • Florida is giving stadiums permission to return to full capacity. I know it's not the same people making these decisions but it's wild seeing this while the NFL scrambles to figure out a plan for their covid outbreaks (that they should already have had plans A, B, C, D and E for). It feels like they're priming this to be blamed on individual players being irresponsible when this entire thing is setting them up to fail.
  • I saw the Dolphins are remaining at the limited attendance they've been doing. Any word from Tampa and Jacksonville? 
  • Looks like the Titans practiced despite being ordered not to by the NFL due to the positive tests. We may be about to see a team forced to forfeit an entire season. 
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    When the Bears were down 13-0 a few minutes ago I hated Fowls. Now it’s 14-13 going into half and he’s the second coming. That’s how fast it happens.
    Chinaskiasmallcat
    kingbee67 said:
    When the Bears were down 13-0 a few minutes ago I hated Fowls. Now it’s 14-13 going into half and he’s the second coming. That’s how fast it happens.
    haha Foles is Eli 2.0 to TB12 :D
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    This is getting wild!
  • That drive was insane. Bucs ran like 10 plays and lost 5 yards with all the penalties. 

Maybe Bears can finally score for the first time in a 3rd quarter.
    Chinaski
  • edited October 2020
    I always think the Bears don't deserve their record, but they keep sticking around in games and winning, so clearly I'm wrong, even though I still think they are the worst 3-1 team in the league. 
    PeepsChinaski
  • asmallcat said:
    I always think the Bears don't deserve their record, but they keep sticking around in games and winning, so clearly I'm wrong, even though I still think they are the worst 3-1 team in the league. 
    And now they're the worst 4-1 team in the league lol. 
    Peeps
  • Tom Brady not knowing what down it was to end the game wasn't what I was expecting. But I'll take being the worst 4-1 team over being the best 1-4 team.
    Chinaski
    good sign you're too old to play in the NFL, when you can longer count to 4. BEAR DOWN!!

Nick Foles GIFs | Tenor
    PeepsHatorian
  • Peeps said:
    Tom Brady not knowing what down it was to end the game wasn't what I was expecting. But I'll take being the worst 4-1 team over being the best 1-4 team.
    As a Lions fan....how's being a mediocre 1-4 team sound? 
    Peepsawookiee
  • asmallcat said:
    Peeps said:
    Tom Brady not knowing what down it was to end the game wasn't what I was expecting. But I'll take being the worst 4-1 team over being the best 1-4 team.
    As a Lions fan....how's being a mediocre 1-4 team sound? 
    Familiar. 
  • edited October 2020
    What do you even consider the Vikings these days? Dumpster fire maybe because they continuously pay a mediocre QB so much that they can't afford an offensive line to protect him? Is it bad I was rooting for Cousins to get a non serious season ending injury so that we could get a high draft pick and hopefully get Trevor Lawrence. 
  • The bears have a point differential of +5 and are 4-1. Insane. The titans are only +6 at 3-0 though. 

The ravens are +49 at 3-1

The colts are +47 at 3-1 (they did get to play the Jets though). 

The Pats are +5 at 2-2. 

The cards are +6 at 2-2. 

The 49'ers are +36 at 2-2. 

Biggest is the Packers at +51(!!).
    Chinaski
  • edited October 2020
    asmallcat said:
    The bears have a point differential of +5 and are 4-1. Insane. The titans are only +6 at 3-0 though. 

The ravens are +49 at 3-1

The colts are +47 at 3-1 (they did get to play the Jets though). 

The Pats are +5 at 2-2. 

The cards are +6 at 2-2. 

The 49'ers are +36 at 2-2. 

Biggest is the Packers at +51(!!).
    I wish there was a throw up reaction about the Packers part of it. I do have to admit Rodgers looks amazing and Aaron Jones is running the ball extremely well. As of right now I think the NFC championship will be between the Packers and the Seahawks.