NFL 21/22

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited March 2
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    hey @cdrive - what's the scoop on Tom Herman? looks like he did a pretty good job coaching your Houston Cougars. Bears hired him to their coaching staff today.

Ohmyyy fugggin gawwwwd don’t get me on a Tom Herman rant.  :D   

Honest take: he might be a husk, he might help you score a ton. 
    haha he was hired in an odd role. 'analyst and special projects' role. sounds like a favor to me. 'hey bruh.. you guys hiring? can you hook me up with a job?'
    He had arguably the best job in football, head coach for UT. Had to step on Cougars to get there same as Kevin Sumlin and *cough* Art Briles.  But all that Mahomes stuff... that’s Tom Ohio State and Kliff Kingsbury shit. He’ll have a meal ticket in football for a while. 

edit: oh but yeah, “special projects”  :D arts n crafts 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited March 4
    Hatorian said:
    saw that this afternoon but not getting my hopes up. Houston isn't even picking up the phone. Pace and Nagy have to try to hit a HR to save their jobs and going into camp with Foles and others that are rumored liked Alex Smith, Darnold or Minshew is not even an infield single. i say start with unloading good talent with hefty contracts like Fuller and Mack then including draft capital.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    No way. Pay the 5 1st rounders for Watson. What’s the point of having first round picks when NO Bears GM can hit on them? Our best players were the ones we used first round picks to acquire. Ie Cutler(say what you want he was worth the picks) and Mack. So instead of gambling just take the proven quality and win.
    Hatorian said:
    No way. Pay the 5 1st rounders for Watson. What’s the point of having first round picks when NO Bears GM can hit on them? Our best players were the ones we used first round picks to acquire. Ie Cutler(say what you want he was worth the picks) and Mack. So instead of gambling just take the proven quality and win.
    No way to what?

Oh I read you wrong. I thought you were saying rebuild. I wouldn’t get rid of Fuller and Mack if you’re trying to win though. Just give them picks
    Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    saw that this afternoon but not getting my hopes up. Houston isn't even picking up the phone. Pace and Nagy have to try to hit a HR to save their jobs and going into camp with Foles and others that are rumored liked Alex Smith, Darnold or Minshew is not even an infield single. i say start with unloading good talent with hefty contracts like Fuller and Mack then including draft capital.
    This blows my mind. What is their play here? Just keep hoping it will all blow over? Watson is NOT gonna play for Houston, and like 3/4 of the teams in the league would get substantially better with him on the roster. Now is the time to get max value, dump Easterbee, apologize and start rebuilding. But I guess one wouldn't be an NFL owner if they weren't so sure they were right an everyone else was wrong while simultaneously being dumb enough to fall for a shitty snake oil salesman of a preacher. 
    bizmarkiefaderChinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    asmallcat said:

This blows my mind. What is their play here? Just keep hoping it will all blow over? Watson is NOT gonna play for Houston, and like 3/4 of the teams in the league would get substantially better with him on the roster. Now is the time to get max value, dump Easterbee, apologize and start rebuilding. But I guess one wouldn't be an NFL owner if they weren't so sure they were right an everyone else was wrong while simultaneously being dumb enough to fall for a shitty snake oil salesman of a preacher. 

That's the thing about this mess, it's impossible to apply normal logic to it because there's absolutely no way they should be in this situation in the first place. There is no precedent for the Texans collapse and all of the core reasons for it they've done nothing but double down on. People assume they'll do the rational thing from this point forward but we have no idea what their motivations even are much less what they're going to do. I think given the egos involved it's totally in the cards they call Watson's bluff and make him lose game checks no matter what other teams offer them. It would be dumb and petty as hell, but so is everything else they've done the last year+
    HatorianasmallcatChinaski

DOOOO IIIIITTTTTTT

I cannot wait to watch the seahawks run-run-incomplete their way back to 7-9 with some mediocre QB

Chinaski
  • Ive gone down a youtibe rabbit hole of nfl films top ten lists and just watched top ten “steves”of pro football and it got me thinking of top 10 “mikes” and Im stuck on Ditka, Irvin amd Singletary. Some help please?????
    dang, never realized the lack of ‘Mikes/Michaels’ that have played in the NFL. only other one coming to mind other than the ones you mentioned is Michael Strahan.
  • edited March 5
    Mike McCarthy as a coach, but like, I think he's only top 10 if there's like 15 mikes. 

Edit - Also, here you go if you have a TON of time to kill https://www.nfl.com/players/retired/all?query=Michael
    guess we can go Mike Tomlin if we can go coaches. 
  • Wasn't there a Mike or Michael on the Seahawks that was part of the legion of boom? 
    asmallcat said:
    Mike McCarthy as a coach, but like, I think he's only top 10 if there's like 15 mikes. 

Edit - Also, here you go if you have a TON of time to kill https://www.nfl.com/players/retired/all?query=Michael
    haha maybe i should have said ‘never realized the lack of known Mikes/Michaels that have played in the NFL. i only know a handful from that list. 
    asmallcat said:
    Wasn't there a Mike or Michael on the Seahawks that was part of the legion of boom? 
    was Michael Bennett part of the legion of boom? 
  • Webster, Haynes, Vrabel, Holmgreen
    adobo1148 said:
    Vick
    damn, how the hell did that one not come to me!?
    Wasn’t that fullback form Tampa Bay like Mike Alstot or something like that
    def have to throw Michael Thomas on there if we can include active players.
  • Hatorian said:
    Wasn’t that fullback form Tampa Bay like Mike Alstot or something like that
    Right Alstott
    Hatorian
  • In case you’re interested top ten “Steves” of the nfl https://youtu.be/pXOnVxTaGgg
    Only guys I can come up with are Iupati and Crabtree. Probably doesn't cut it but they'd be on my personal top 10 Mikes for what they did in the Harbaugh years. Michael Sam was the first openly gay NFL player but I don't remember much about his career.
    @bizmarkiefader - your Niners had back to back Mike head coaches. Singletary (mentioned) and Nolan. you can also throw your current coaches dad up in there, Mike Shanahan.

big dude from that Sandra Bullock movie can join the club. Michael Oher.
    bizmarkiefader
    Chinaski said:
    @bizmarkiefader - your Niners had back to back Mike head coaches. Singletary (mentioned) and Nolan. you can also throw your current coaches dad up in there, Mike Shanahan.

big dude from that Sandra Bullock movie can join the club. Michael Oher.

I was just going with players but yea there is a significantly larger pool of coaching Mikes
    well. wilson isnt going to dallas. bears offer just got better...
    Chinaski
    edited March 9
    hot damn Dak is swimming in coin like Scrooge McDuck! that signing bonus and first 3 years of guaranteed money! good for him!

First, Prescott will receive a $66 million signing bonus. That’s the biggest signing bonus ever received by any player in league history.

Second, he’ll have a $9 million base salary in 2021, fully guaranteed. With the signing bonus paid out entirely in 2021, he’ll receive $75 million by the end of the 2021 regular season. That’s also a record one-year payout.

Third, Prescott’s 2022 salary is $20 million, fully guaranteed. That equates to $95 million fully guaranteed at signing, also a record.

Fourth, he’ll receive in 2023 a base salary of $31 million. It’s guaranteed for injury for now, and it becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2022 league year. Thus, to avoid owing him $126 million fully guaranteed, the Cowboys will have to cut Prescott after one year, at $95 million.

Fifth, Prescott has a $5 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2024 league year, along with a 2024 base salary of $29 million. Both payments are non-guaranteed.