Welcome Wagon Thread! New to Bald Move? Have questions? Introduce yourself here, and/or ask away!

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    @MoonMan13 ;

http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/7104/general-tomfoolery#latest

It generally ends up briefly taking over any food related thread also. 
    MoonMan13sassyfontaine
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hiya. I'm Sassy, a mom and a lifelong lover of nerd culture.  I was on here for the Game of Thrones, Westworld, Watchmen podcasts and forums and they were *great*. All you clever and funny people really made those shows more enjoyable.

Am I a total n00b for not seeing any Lovecraft Country stuff?? I'm excited for this show and want more more more!

Welcome! We will be talking about Lovecraft Country on our OTC podcast next week!
    Mofojones333Freddysassyfontaine
  • Hey all! I'm pretty new here. I started listening upon recommendation from a friend about 3 years ago when I was watching The Leftovers. I joined the club in May to try and do my part to support some of my favorite creators during the pandemic.

I'm definitely on the younger side around here in my mid 20s. I'm a high school math teacher and like someone in the reintroduction thread said probably one of the few Christians, but very progressive. I really appreciate the podcast conversations surrounding religion/politics. My interests are tv/movies/video games with strong emotional narratives, fitness and exercise, being outside, cooking, and bourbon/ craft beer.

I'm definitely more of a lurker than talker, but listening to lunch and jumping on live watches the last couple of months have me itching to participate more in such a great community here.
    cdriveNoelChinaskiCretanBullDeetom_gawookieeMurderbear
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @samson3 - if you are anything like your profile pic, then we're going to besties for many many moons! welcome! :)
    MichellecdriveNoelMurderbear
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 2020
    Chinaski said:
    @samson3 - if you are anything like your profile pic, then we're going to besties for many many moons! welcome! :)
    Is he a fellow Toronto Raptor's fan?

Edit for @Samson3 - first welcome aboard! -   next an explanation of my comment... @Chinaski is a Golden State Warriors fan, and I'm a Toronto Raptor's fan.  Last year we made a bet about who would win the NBA Championship, the loser had to change their profile pic to the winner's team.  The Raptors won, and @Chinaski honoured our bet and changed his pic to the Raptor's logo.  I tease him about it as often as I can :)

ChinaskicdriveNoelCory
  • Hey guy,

Sorry I’ve never posted on here before so I’ve no idea where to post this but I just saw Tenet and checked the feed to listen to the review but nothing. Have the guys not reviewed it yet?

Thanks guys
    Ronan
  • Tenaka said:
    Hey guy,

Sorry I’ve never posted on here before so I’ve no idea where to post this but I just saw Tenet and checked the feed to listen to the review but nothing. Have the guys not reviewed it yet?

Thanks guys
    Ronan
    Welcome Tenaka!  This thread is fine, or starting your own thread might get noticed quicker.  

I believe the boys have decided risking infection by sitting in a theater is a step to far.  I would imagine they will have a review up once the movie goes to VOD.  They've discussed this topic on a few recent Lunches.  If you are a club member, Lunch is one of the best features!  If not, you can get a look at older Lunches for free.  They are making each episode available once they turn 5 years old.  
    Tenaka
    Yup, what Josh said. I'm hearing late November / early December for DVD/Bluray sales. First chance to legally watch it in my home / in a theater with a vaccine in me and we'll be ready to go.
    Tenakaawookiee
  • Tenaka said:
    Hey guy,

Thanks guys
    Ronan
    Welcome Tenaka!  This thread is fine, or starting your own thread might get noticed quicker.  

I believe the boys have decided risking infection by sitting in a theater is a step to far.  I would imagine they will have a review up once the movie goes to VOD.  They've discussed this topic on a few recent Lunches.  If you are a club member, Lunch is one of the best features!  If not, you can get a look at older Lunches for free.  They are making each episode available once they turn 5 years old.  
    Thanks Josh, ya I’ve been meaning to check out more Lunches but I’ve fallen behind a bit :)

Thanks again 
    Noel
  • Yup, what Josh said. I'm hearing late November / early December for DVD/Bluray sales. First chance to legally watch it in my home / in a theater with a vaccine in me and we'll be ready to go.
    Thanks A.Ron - looking forward to hearing your take on it :)
    Noel
  • Hi all,

I started listening several years ago. I am from England but now live in North Carolina. Cubs fan. Sometimes musician. Occasional professional soccer coach. Usually tired and hungry.

I have listened to quite a few baldmove podcasts. In no particular order....

Beltalowda - loved it. Love the show. Love the books.
    DHS - Quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
    D & D - like the podcast, getting a little bored of the show
    Everybody loves Reagan - incredible name for the podcast. Very very good show.
    Leftovers - man that show was bananas. loved it.
    Game of Thrones - you guys were my goto.
    Gotham Blotter - yes I watched this in the beginning. The show got self knowing towards the end and was quite fun at times.
    Watching dead - oh man, this show was so fun to hate watch. loved the fan bankruptcy.
    we do - strong podcast, strong show but dodgy last episode.

I'm looking forward to the next run of shows... and hoping that my lottery numbers hit so I can commission an episode for an absolutely phenomenal show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5978570/

Cheers all,
    John 
    CretanBullNoelCorycdrivemanhattnikJoshTheBlackA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Hi all,

I started listening several years ago. I am from England but now live in North Carolina. Cubs fan. Sometimes musician. Occasional professional soccer coach. Usually tired and hungry.

I have listened to quite a few baldmove podcasts. In no particular order....

Beltalowda - loved it. Love the show. Love the books.
    DHS - Quickly becoming a favorite of mine.
    D & D - like the podcast, getting a little bored of the show
    Everybody loves Reagan - incredible name for the podcast. Very very good show.
    Leftovers - man that show was bananas. loved it.
    Game of Thrones - you guys were my goto.
    Gotham Blotter - yes I watched this in the beginning. The show got self knowing towards the end and was quite fun at times.
    Watching dead - oh man, this show was so fun to hate watch. loved the fan bankruptcy.
    we do - strong podcast, strong show but dodgy last episode.

I'm looking forward to the next run of shows... and hoping that my lottery numbers hit so I can commission an episode for an absolutely phenomenal show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5978570/

Cheers all,
    John 
    Welcome aboard!

For your musical interests you might want to check out our Guitar & Gear nerds thread: http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/6838/bald-move-guitar-gear-nerds

And for soccer, our recently launched soccer thread (not sure if it's too late to join, but we have a Premiership fantasy league going too!): http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/7176/soccer

Nirvana the Band the Show?  I think we're going to get along just fine :)  Have you seen the other stuff that they've done?  Operation Avalanch?  The Dirties?  I love it all!
    JohnnyCarolinaA_Ron_Hubbard
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @JohnnyCarolina Hello and welcome! We eagerly await your opinion on robes. We’re all about the important issues here. 
    JohnnyCarolinaCretanBullNoelMurderbear
  • A pleasure to meet you @CretanBull and thanks for those tips. Yeah, I have seen those. You're right, I think we'll get along :)

@Dee Robes. Oh boy. Okay, right in at the deep end. Oh-kay. Right. Well, here goes...

I am anti-robe. This is not the 16th century people. Put on some damn clothes. Or turn up the heating. Or do both because you are an adult. You can master how to use a keyboard but not wearing clothes? Please. If you have to wear a robe at least make it a ridiculously fluffy towel. Basically, wearing a towel because you are too lazy to dry yourself. That is okay. I'm cool with that. Live fast and loose. But if your robe is silk, or has any sort of Chinese design on it such as palm fronts, silhouettes of birds, or quotations then you-need-to-stop. Just stop. Take a moment. Think about this. Think long because you have taken a wrong turn in life. However, there is still time. What you need to do now is not to throw that robe away. If you do you might find it again. Or worse still some other poor bugger might find it and think "ooh I'll be just like 'Withnail and I", and then we'll lose another person to the sort of pretentious wankery that leads to forty year old men in North America wearing Kilts. So don't throw that robe away. Burn it.
    NoelmanhattnikMurderbearMFG
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @JohnnyCarolina I want to be mad but you made a Withnail and I reference. 
    JohnnyCarolinaMurderbear
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    I'm not new, but I've been away for awhile. So much damn TV these days. I live in Manhattan when I'm not upstate. 

I bailed on The Walking Dead when I knew the tiger was going to get it in the next episode, and I just couldn't. Also it was just getting way too stupid for me. Same for FTW. 

Has it really gotten better? Good enough for me to catch up on all that and run through the new podcasts? I take that back, the podcasts are always better than the shows, and always worth a listen. 

Do they still, when they go on an important mission, pile everyone into just one car so the writers can easily strand them? Do people still point machine guns at each other and speechify for ten minutes before someone finally pulls a trigger?

Fargo? Bailed on 3. Not sure if I want to come back for 4. I think the only "regularly scheduled" show I keep up with these days is Lovecraft Country. 

Anyway, I love what you all have done with the old place. 
    Murderbear
    Anti-robist, eh? A bald move indeed, Picard.

Has TWD gotten better? For sure. But also I was feeling sentimental and looking for a story about people who care about each other presevering against tough times and it fucking delivered. YMMV
    Murderbear
  • I have a “friend” that needs to change his address associated with his account. What should I tell this “friend” so he doesn’t miss out on a sweet, sweet Christmas card?
    Freddy
  • I have a “friend” that needs to change his address associated with his account. What should I tell this “friend” so he doesn’t miss out on a sweet, sweet Christmas card?
    Send an email to support@baldmove.com

You can also try and change it by clicking "Account" on the front page after logging in.  I'm not certain if they keep a separate database, so I'd email just in case.
    gymslanger
  • Hey folks, Love the content. I became a subscriber years ago because it was the only way to hear the full length podcasts. That being said, now that Bald Move has gone to Spotify, and I already pay for that, is there any additional benefit to staying subscribed to Bald Move? If so, then I couldn't care less about the $5 a month, but if I can get all the podcasts I enjoy through Spotify, why have yet another unnecessary expense?
    Freddy
  • jaysin09 said:
    Hey folks, Love the content. I became a subscriber years ago because it was the only way to hear the full length podcasts. That being said, now that Bald Move has gone to Spotify, and I already pay for that, is there any additional benefit to staying subscribed to Bald Move? If so, then I couldn't care less about the $5 a month, but if I can get all the podcasts I enjoy through Spotify, why have yet another unnecessary expense?
    @A_Ron_Hubbard
    Freddy
    If you don't have a use for ad free feeds, don't enjoy any of the premium podcasts, or don't want to support the production of the podcasts, then I suppose there would be no reason to continue the subscription. That said, we always appreciate the support!
  • MichelleMichelle California
    jaysin09 said:
    Hey folks, Love the content. I became a subscriber years ago because it was the only way to hear the full length podcasts. That being said, now that Bald Move has gone to Spotify, and I already pay for that, is there any additional benefit to staying subscribed to Bald Move? If so, then I couldn't care less about the $5 a month, but if I can get all the podcasts I enjoy through Spotify, why have yet another unnecessary expense?
    But then you miss out on being a Club member and all the awesome club content!
  • Michelle said:
    jaysin09 said:
    But then you miss out on being a Club member and all the awesome club content!
    Not to mention being part of the  ̷ ̷c̷u̷l̷t̷ ̷ "family" ;)
    Michelle
    "f̴̡̤̬͍͎̞͈̦͖̦̗̊̽͑͊̄̐͌̎̈́͗̔ą̴̮̩̳͖̙̤̦̻̹̞̝͗̏̏͋͒̐̀̚͜m̷̳̥̺͙͍̠̯̮̮͇̖̓̏̂̈̒̓i̵̛̥̙̤̥̭̩͈͈̼̱̝̼̫̫͐̓̾͐̄̌̾͛̔̓̇̉̈́̚͜͝ļ̵̨̮͍̭̪͎̟̙͙̩̰͉̹͍̕y̵̡̱͖̻͉̟̳̼̯̼̲̞͋̆̐̈́̿͒̍̀"
    CretanBullMichelleNoelFreddy
  • Hey everyone, ever since I found the Breaking Good podcast (many years ago) I have not been able to re-watch Breaking Bad episodes without also re-listening to the corresponding podcast episode. Hope that Jim and A.Ron revisit Season 4 and 5 with updated takes just as they did for Season 1-3. 
    Teresa from ConcordCretanBullFreddyWarpedCoreA_Ron_HubbardNoel
  • Welcome @stewbacca501.  Sorry nobody greeted you earlier. It's BaldMoves off season, so forum participation is lower than normal.  Also, there have been a lot of non-entertainment news distracting a lot of us. 

I would also totally be down for a Breaking Bad S4-5 update if the schedule ever permits it. 
  • WarpedCore here. I started a second watch through of the Leftovers this winter. It's been awhile and while it was one of my favorite shows (love the twisted side of things) I wanted to get a better understanding on it, looked for a podcast to help me on the journey. BOOM! Found you guys. You two fellas are the voices in my head when I would watch a show. Now in podcast form? BRILLIANT! A perfect fit that I stumbled upon your podcast/website. Nice to see that there are some regular people who share the same interest in shows as I do. Still a bit concerned that Jim is not a David Lynch fan though...

Anyway, thanks for the fun on TV and Film while I waste away at work completing TPS Reports. Next up for me? The Expanse! and Second Season of The Boys. Need more Sci-Fi after finishing up The Mandalorian. Cheers!
    CretanBullawookieeA_Ron_Hubbardtom_g
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Welcome @WarpedCore. You have excellent taste in TV and podcasters  B)
    WarpedCore
  • Welcome @WarpedCore - feel free to poke around and join in the conversations :)
    WarpedCore