Any Guardians still out there?

With the most recent comment here being Nov 2019 from the Shadowkeep DLC post, I'm wondering if any BaldMovers are out there still playing or have picked it back up like I have. I played through Forsaken on Destiny 2 and missed Shadowkeep. Since it went free to play and the DLCs went on GamePass I decided to check it out. Maybe its the nostalgia for the Moon and Cosmodrome being back but this is the most fun I've had in Destiny since Destiny 1. Also anyone playing on Xbox feel free to shoot me a friend request or let me know if your clan is looking for players, I'm JudoCrab on Xbox.

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I dip back in for a little bit with each expansion/update/whatever. I plan to do the same here. I am on PSN if anyone wants to add me  (Garthman00). I am probably the odd duck in that I just jump on to play through the campaign and missions and do some mindless deathmatch multiplayer stuff. 
    TheJudoCrab
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Finally someone is going to do my homework. Now I can stop feeding it to the dog. 
    calebthrower
  • Finally someone is going to do my homework. Now I can stop feeding it to the dog. 
    Look at those glasses and that suit! This is a smart man who totally knows how to get things done, and totally not a bot that's scraping images from google. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Since the spammer brought this to the top of the topics, might as well say that me and my boy are recruiting for some PC Destiny 2 players. We're playing every tuesday at 8pm for now. We're looking for people to help out with the higher difficulty level nightfalls, the harder Presage quest, etc. We also really enjoy the crucible even though we're not really good at it, but if you loathe PVP that's not a requirement.

What we want to do in the next month is build up a roster of reliable and fun guardians to play through the raids, maybe stomp through iron banner. We are really laid back and low key and uncritical of bonehead plays. If you are a mom or dad and have a son or daughter that would like to join that's a plus, Jack's always looking out for new friends to game with. 

If you're interested DM me on twitter or just give us a shout in the next twitch stream and we'll make something happen!

• CoryCory New Scotland
    I bought this game digitally on PS4 and have basically never played it (maybe 60 mins or so).  Is it too late to get started?

I was also thinking about getting The Last of Us (the original) before the TV show starts.
  • Cory said:
    I bought this game digitally on PS4 and have basically never played it (maybe 60 mins or so).  Is it too late to get started?

I was also thinking about getting The Last of Us (the original) before the TV show starts.
    Cory said:

never too late to get started but it looks like Aaron is using PC and I’m not sure if Destiny is doing cross platform yet. 

Definitely get The Last of Us and it’s sequel. 
  • Yea no cross platform yet but latest google search says fall 21. I have it for PS as well. I’d be down when it’s cross. 
    I know Destiny has always been a grind-machine, but this latest update/expansion seems like they dialed that up quite a bit. I gave it a whirl and quit after a couple of hours. The campaign was just more unforgiving than I recall in previous updates. Are people playing this?
    It's cross platform in that you can play on PS4 and PC and access your characters in both places. That's nice because it lets me do minor stuff like bounties and unlocking catalysts in bed on my PS4, and all the progress carries through on the PC. I can't do some things because I haven't bought the expansions on PS4, but you can do a lot without it, and I haven't run into something I couldn't use if I had already unlocked it on the PC.

It is not cross platform in that ps4 peeps can play with PC peeps, as Hatorian mentions that's coming later this year.

I'm a bad guy to ask @Garthgou81, because I enjoy a bit of a grind. I don't think the campaign is unforgiving, I think I had to retry the last mission of the Beyond Light campaign at the final boss because she kept blowing me off the damn platform, but once I stopped putting myself in positions where she could do that (and actually understood how my stasis powers worked), it was pretty easy.

The raids might be brutal, I dunno, I haven't tried them yet.

I will say that I chilled and did a bunch of strikes and patrols, and Jack was significantly higher light level than me and he kind of helped me along, but even still I kinda dicked around with things and didn't start the campaign until I was mid 1200s in power level, so if you went in severely under light, I dunno.  Steam says I've played about 40 hours in the past month and I went from whatever the starting light level was (1100?) to just about 1290 in that time, and feel like I'm about ready for end game content. Haven't hit the soft cap yet, still getting good gear drops from doing stuff I'd be doing anyway.

It is likely that my Destiny muscles are way flabby at this point. I played all the other stories and expansions without too much difficulty. But a certain level in this one just got to me. With that said, I booted it up last night because I wanted to see how it played on PS5. The entire damn interface changed. Now we are at a war table? I haven't played around with it much, but I was not expecting that. 
    Yeah, that's the latest seasonal content, I haven't fucked around with it much... It's kind of neat because it tells an evolving story, it just sucks that it's just playing battlegrounds all the time. Literally every week it's some fresh new hell being raised, and the solution to the problem everytime? Play a battleground.

But there are something like 8 different activities that reward powerful gear now. I'm hoping to run the nightfall this weekend, I remember those being real fun and the latest one is supposed to be pretty good. 
    Yeah, that's the latest seasonal content, I haven't fucked around with it much... It's kind of neat because it tells an evolving story, it just sucks that it's just playing battlegrounds all the time. Literally every week it's some fresh new hell being raised, and the solution to the problem everytime? Play a battleground.

But there are something like 8 different activities that reward powerful gear now. I'm hoping to run the nightfall this weekend, I remember those being real fun and the latest one is supposed to be pretty good.