MLB 2021

Comments

• It's awesome that Cleveland changed their name, but their new name and logo are just awful.
    In a league that has the Philadelphia Phillies and the The Angels Angels, I personally find the team name bar to be rather low.
    JoshuaHeter
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    it's all about the minor league team names. some of those are gold! :D
    A's traded for this fella yesterday. i like him already. looks straight out of a 90's baseball movie. super fun and cool clubhouse guy from what i've heard. i'll take anything to help the bullpen at this point. it's been so bad!

btw - don't sleep on SEA.. they've been playing some good ball. then again they tend to have total meltdowns in the Aug and Sept.
    HatorianMichelle
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    We lost the game tonight to Seattle, BUT we got Graveman  ;)
  • Chinaski said:
    A's traded for this fella yesterday. i like him already. looks straight out of a 90's baseball movie. super fun and cool clubhouse guy from what i've heard. i'll take anything to help the bullpen at this point. it's been so bad!

btw - don't sleep on SEA.. they've been playing some good ball. then again they tend to have total meltdowns in the Aug and Sept.
    Cubs definitely have a good clubhouse. Sucks to see him go but glad he went to my fellow baldmovers team.
  • … hoping to learn more ably this.

Not to take anything away from men's roller derby, but like, a men's roller derby having this team name is probably less known than a random small town high school having the name lol. 
    A's traded for Starling Marte which I'm totally ok with.

Michelle
    jeez! yankees got Joey Gallo AND Anthony Rizzo?!
  • Chinaski said:
    jeez! yankees got Joey Gallo AND Anthony Rizzo?!

I just saw this news, goddamn ... they're loading up for the stretch run.
  • Gearing up for that Yankees vs. Dodgers World Series!

Sad.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Baez to Mets
    Max and Turner to Dodgers
    Bryant to Giants
    bizmarkiefader
  • Cubs better pull at least one future top 10 star from this haul
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Looks like the Giants traded Canario (their 9th best according to mlb.com) and Kilian (30th) for Bryant. That doesn't seem too bad but I have no idea about prospects.
    HatorianChinaski
    i'm on a group text with a bunch of Giant fans and said 'so many trade. glad the A's are making moves and the Giants aren't'. no kidding 3 minutes later my phone lights up with 'what was that?' and a link to the Bryant trade news :|
    Looks like the Giants traded Canario (their 9th best according to mlb.com) and Kilian (30th) for Bryant. That doesn't seem too bad but I have no idea about prospects.
    yeah not bad at all. and y'all didn't have to give up Joey Bart.  i gotta respect Farhan Zaidi as he's been doing a helluva job.
    bizmarkiefader
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    yeah not bad at all. and y'all didn't have to give up Joey Bart.  i gotta respect Farhan Zaidi as he's been doing a helluva job.

Is Bryant  UFA this winter, or next? I'm thinking this winter or might have been a bigger haul.
    edited July 2021
    i'm pretty sure he's a UFA after this year. this could work out long term for SF if he performs well, and if he likes it there (2 big "ifs"). they can re-sign him to a pretty nice deal since SF will have a lot of money off the books next season.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 2021
    Sucks the market is so different to when the Cubs had to pay for talent at the deadline. I’ll do it all again but we gave up top 10 league prospects in Torres and Jimenez for semi-comparable deals. Seems like now teams won’t part with them and don’t have to. I mean Darvish was all lottery tickets. And none of these guys are currently projecting top 10
  • Oh and he is. Every cub that went is. Baez and Russo too
    ChinaskiCory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    i'm pretty sure he's a UFA after this year. this could work out long term for SF if he performs well, and if he likes it there (2 big "ifs"). they can re-sign him to a pretty nice deal since SF will have a lot of money off the books next season.

Who they got coming off the books? I'm guessing Longoria at least.

Can't seem to keep the Smallies down... if they've really been down the past decade.
    Cory said:
    Chinaski said:

Can't seem to keep the Smallies down... if they've really been down the past decade.
    the 2 Brandon's (Crawford and Belt). then their 2 biggest ones the following year with Posey and Cueto. it'll be interesting to see what they do with Crawford considering he's having a good contract year, and the level of SS talent that will be available in the off-season.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    Cory said:
    Chinaski said:

the 2 Brandon's (Crawford and Belt). then their 2 biggest ones the following year with Posey and Cueto. it'll be interesting to see what they do with Crawford considering he's having a good contract year, and the level of SS talent that will be available in the off-season.

Read they were interested in Storey, just like my Cardinals.
    just heard. such a bummer :'(. thoughts and prayers.
    Michelle
    on a Ray Fosse note. one of my best friends and i had the pleasure to meet him back in 2006 at A's fest. shook his hand, and took a with him in front of the WS trophies. the firmest handshake i've had the pleasure to shake.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 2021
    Chinaski said:
    on a Ray Fosse note. one of my best friends and i had the pleasure to meet him back in 2006 at A's fest. shook his hand, and took a with him in front of the WS trophies. the firmest handshake i've had the pleasure to shake.
    What a memorable moment!  Seriously one you’ll remember for the rest of your life.

He’s one of my 2 favorite announcers, the other being Glen Kuiper.  The dynamic duo of A’s announcing.  I really hope he recovers soon.  What is worrying me is that he’s been living with it for 16 years and *now* needs to step away from everything.  It makes me think he may be in an advanced stage.  I really hope I’m wrong. :cry:
    Chinaski
    i hope you're wrong too, and hope he recovers quickly.

what's even more sad is Duane Kuiper (Giants announcer across the bay) underwent chemo a last month. really hope he's ok too.
    Michelle
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I heard an interview with Glen on the radio a few weeks ago that was about Duane and made it sound like they weren't optimistic about him getting in the booth this year and it was hard for him to even go out for cup of coffee on most days. Was pretty cool to see him pop back in the booth and surprise Krukow https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/surprise-duane-kuipers-return-giants-booth-shocks-mike-krukow . Hopefully Fosse can surprise everyone similarly even if it's not this year, but obviously everyone's situation is totally different.

ChinaskiMichelle
    damn that Field of Dreams game was awesome! took MLB long enough to do something rad like that! so fun!
    Michellejluzania