MLB 2021

Comments

• Chinaski said:
    damn that Field of Dreams game was awesome! took MLB long enough to do something rad like that! so fun!

Catching up on highlights, really cool. And as bonus the Yankees lost!
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 2021
    damn! Chris Bassitt just got carted off after taking a line drive to the eye. it did not look good, and there was quite a bit of blood on the towels they gave him. really hope he is ok. thoughts and prayers.
    PeepsMrX
  •  Sox lose a double header to the Yankees and are now sitting 3rd in the Wildcard standings.

• Chinaski said:
    damn! Chris Bassitt just got carted off after taking a line drive to the eye. it did not look good, and there was quite a bit of blood on the towels they gave him. really hope he is ok. thoughts and prayers.

Yeah that was tough to watch. That ball was hit real hard and just stopped at his face. I guess he's awake and aware at the hospital, so that's at least good news.
    ChinaskiMrX
    edited August 2021
    goodness! the A's have been leaking oil so bad! weird too cause this is usually the time of the year when they are hot. 2-11 in the last 13 is def concerning. esp with Thaaaaaaaa Yankeees being red hot! :#

edit: they JUST CAN'T find a way to win 1 run games (like 3-10 the last 13). meanwhile the Giants across the Bay are like the kings of 1 run games as of late! CHINASKI IS GETTING UPSET!!!

Stressed George Costanza GIF by HULU - Find amp Share on GIPHY
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I have had so much going on that I haven't had time to pay attention to the games.  I was really glad to hear that Chris Bassitt's surgery went well & he's recovering nicely.  On the other hand, reading your post above, @Chinaski, I'm so discouraged right now for the A's. :(
    Chinaski
  • What it’s like being a Cardinals fan right now…

cdriveCory
  • Gahhh the Yankees sweeping the Sox was not fun. I don't think I can handle a single elimination wildcard game between these teams if that's what it comes to.
    @cdrive - y'all win, and the A's beat SEA.. y'all take the West, so you gotta root for Oakland haha.

f'n SEA. A's are 4-13 vs em. lost 10 in a row! had the A's split 5-5 in those 10 straight losses, the A's would be in sole position of the first WC :(
    cdrive
  • Darkest timeline continues to be unfold for us Boston fans ... lost to the O's, Yankees best the Jays.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    @cdrive - y'all win, and the A's beat SEA.. y'all take the West, so you gotta root for Oakland haha.

f'n SEA. A's are 4-13 vs em. lost 10 in a row! had the A's split 5-5 in those 10 straight losses, the A's would be in sole position of the first WC :(
    Haha, I was almost about to say something about it here but then figured I’d be like our manager:

Dusty Baker on waiting for A's-Mariners game: "Probably when I get up to use the bathroom I’ll look at the score sometime tonight.”

Chinaskibizmarkiefader
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    So, uh... any important ball games today?

Asking for the NL Central.
    JoshuaHeter
  • Today is the final broadcast for Mike Shannon - Cardinals’ radio broadcaster for 50 years. He had a Yogi-esk way with words. This is probably my favorite (very real) on-air quote from him.

Cory
    wild finish to the season. Giants were 40-1 odds to win the NL West and projected to win like 72 games. yet they win the West and win a franchise high 107. crazy to win that many games and still have it come down to the last game of the season to secure the division. then you got the stupid Dodgers that won 106 games and have to play in a one game playoff. i so hope STL smashes them. on the AL side we almost had 4 teams battle it out for the 2 Wild Card spots, but BOS and NYY came through. that should be a fun one in Boston. i'm ready for some October playoff baseball!
    bizmarkiefader
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2021
    Oh man I'm going to be watching the Sox-Yanks Wildcard game through my fingers, just about the most stressful situation (as a Sox fan) I can think of.
    CretanBullJoshuaHeter
  • MrX said:
    Oh man I'm going to be watching the Sox-Yanks Wildcard game through my fingers, just about the most stressful situation (as a Sox fan) I can think of.
    As a Blue Jays fan I hope a way for both teams to lose gets invented between now and when that game gets played :)

Actually, no doubt - I hate the Yankees more.
    MrX

• MrX said:
    As a Blue Jays fan I hope a way for both teams to lose gets invented between now and when that game gets played :)

Actually, no doubt - I hate the Yankees more.

I hear you, y'all had a fun team this year, would've liked to see you in the playoffs.

And yes, you should definitely hate the Yankees more :p
    CretanBull
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I always cheer for the Yankees over the BoSux.

Yuck!
    MrX
  • Cory said:

Yuck!

• CoryCory New Scotland
    MrX said:
    Cory said:

Yuck!

Whatever it takes, the price justifies the result!

Ran into too many arrogant Boston (not only Res Sox) fans the last 17 years. lol

And I wanted Larry Walker to win a Workd Series in 2004!
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2021
    So stupid to give Stanton anything to hit in the 6th but they got bailed out by an equally stupid decision by the 3rd base coach and a great throw to get Judge out at they plate.

Also I feel like Cora was too quick to pull Eovaldi... We'll see if the pen can hold up for 3 more innings  :#
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited October 2021
    I know to most MLB fans Boston is just as evil as NY these days, but as a lifelong Sox fan I've been thoroughly enjoying how much we have dominated them in the last 15+ years. Last night was pretty sweet. Aaron f-ing Boone, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
  • Would love to see a Dodgers 106 win season come crashing down in one game
  • Would love to see a Dodgers 106 win season come crashing down in one game

Yuck but that would mean the Cardinals winning
  • MrX said:
    Would love to see a Dodgers 106 win season come crashing down in one game

Yuck but that would mean the Cardinals winning

2 of the most obnoxious teams in baseball for sure. I hope it's like a 25 inning game and they both go through all of their starters.
    MrX
  • MrX said:
    I know to most MLB fans Boston is just as evil as NY these days, but as a lifelong Sox fan I've been thoroughly enjoying how much we have dominated them in the last 15+ years. Last night was pretty sweet. Aaron f-ing Boone, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!
    As much as I may roll my eyes any time a BoSox or Pats fan complains these days after the run those teams have had for the last two decades, it's the Yankees. No team's heartbreak ever tastes so sweet as theirs.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Yuck but that would 2 of the most obnoxious teams in baseball for sure.

The Red Sox and Dodgers?

Th Red Sox are easily 3 levels above everyone else.  They're in Montreal Canadiens territory.

I'd have Philly way above LA though.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Aww St Louis is a great baseball town though. Even though they’ve broken the ‘Stros heart in the past, I tip my hat. Dodgers and Yankees on the other hand… :#
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited October 2021
    I wouldn't begrudge the Dodgers' fans seeing their team win it this year. I feel like in some minds (including to an extent my own) last year's title has an asterisk. So if they get it after a full season, I'll be happy for them.

As Royals fan, though, I am more than happy to see the Cardinals crash and burn. Which they may be doing here in the bottom of the 3rd. 

Edit: They did not. Typical Cardinals.  :/
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    jluzania said:
    I wouldn't begrudge the Dodgers' fans seeing their team win it this year. I feel like in some minds (including to an extent my own) last year's title has an asterisk. So if they get it after a full season, I'll be happy for them.

As Royals fan, though, I am more than happy to see the Cardinals crash and burn. Which they may be doing here in the bottom of the 3rd. 

Edit: They did not. Typical Cardinals.  :/

Do Royals fan really begrudge St. Louis that much? I know its cross state rival and all, but other than geography where's the rivalry? They play in different leagues, have they ever played a meaningful game against each other?