The Walking Dead: Origins

'The four-episode Origins "charts the story of the zombie apocalypse from the point of view of a single character and features new interviews and narrations from the actors that portray these iconic characters, interwoven with clips from the most pivotal moments of their journeys so far," according to an official synopsis for the specials spotlighting Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus), Carol Peletier (Melissa McBride), Maggie Rhee (Lauren Cohan), and Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

'The Walking Dead: Origins airs exclusively on AMC+ beginning Thursday, July 15, with "Daryl's Story." Next is "Maggie's Story" on July 22, "Negan's Story" on July 29, and "Carol's Story" on August 5.

'Each episode will release alongside an exclusive sneak peek from the 24-episode Season 11 and a special "Best Of" collection featuring fan-favorite episodes for each character. The Walking Dead: Origins is the first reveal from AMC's "11 Weeks of Reveals until Season 11," a countdown that will bring photos, trailers, and other reveals on Thursdays before the final season premiere of The Walking Dead.'

So sounds like Origins is mostly a clip show.  When I first started reading it I thought "there goes Bald Move's plans for the run up to season 11."

Comments

• I was hoping it meant we would get episodes of the breakout with these characters
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    Hatorian said:
    I was hoping it meant we would get episodes of the breakout with these characters

IKR, the one thing we want from a ZA show they refuse to show us.  Kinda shameful when Zomboat beats *TWD in that regard. I'd be cool with a ZA anthology show where each season was nothing but the first days in the ZA for a group of survivors, one season soldiers, another construction workers, etc, etc. 
    Hatorian
  • lengmo said:
    Hatorian said:
    I was hoping it meant we would get episodes of the breakout with these characters

IKR, the one thing we want from a ZA show they refuse to show us.  Kinda shameful when Zomboat beats *TWD in that regard. I'd be cool with a ZA anthology show where each season was nothing but the first days in the ZA for a group of survivors, one season soldiers, another construction workers, etc, etc. 
    They were gonna do it with tank soldier from S1. But Darabont left and things went to shit. Oh what could have been…
    lengmo