SEASON 6 TRAILER - SDCC ComicCon

looks like we're getting some hordes and caught a glimpse of Heath and a few other new characters
Travis

Comments

• UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Looks like the premiere date is October 11th, and it will be 90 minutes long!
    Travis
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I've been as vocal as anyone with hating this show when it sucks, but this season looks crazy! This is the first time since season 2 maybe that I am actually excited about it coming back. 
    hypergenesbTravis
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    So everything in that trailer has been filmed in just the last two months right? And they still have about four months of filming left I'm pretty sure...  *takes a big drag of cigarette* Well shiiiiiiiiittttt.
    schadenfreudianslipTravis
  • The Void Stared BackThe Void Stared Back Raleigh, NC
    edited July 2015
    and the trailer for Fear TWD 

Premiering 8/23. Looks pretty much like the beginnings of any other zombie story. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • I spent all my life thinking i only had five senses, but I've just discovered a sixth because I CAN FEEL THE HYPE. Holy shit both of those trailers are amazing. 
    Frakkin TUnderwoodTravis
  • Frakkin T said:

I've been as vocal as anyone with hating this show when it sucks, but this season looks crazy! This is the first time since season 2 maybe that I am actually excited about it coming back. 

Ditto
    Travis
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    That spinoff is looking fantastic, I love watching the start of the plague 
    Hatoriantom_gElisasteph_b
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    To me the TWD trailer seems to be all over the place. Also lots of talk about stuff that seems like the show has covered before. And why does it end three different times? The spinoff on the other hand seems really focused. Might be the benefit of starting with the outbreak but it just seems like it has a better idea of what it is. Visually more interesting too, with a wider color palette. Though again that might be related to the setting/situation.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    I'm sure TWD trailer is showing alot of stuff from the first few episodes, but I'm VERY excited as it looks good and it seems to be deviating from the comic storyline bit time.
    ElisaTravis
  • If only TWD was as adept at making episodes as they are at making trailers. I will not be fooled again - they will not bring me back in. I will check out FTWD though.
    ElisaTravis
  • edited July 2015
    man i dont know how to embed videos properly but its the 2nd video on the page. i realize there are prob not a lot of WWE fans on here but the Monday Night Raw is in Atlanta tonight
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Well, I'm almost certain to enjoy podcasting the new season.  You can never tell with trailers, but all this stuff does look pretty bonkers.

Also; Daryl dies.  100% chance.  Lock it in. :D
    [Deleted User]steph_bElisaMichaelhypergenesbTravis
  • Well, I'm almost certain to enjoy podcasting the new season.  You can never tell with trailers, but all this stuff does look pretty bonkers.

Also; Daryl dies.  100% chance.  Lock it in. :D
    Are you going to cover FTWD also? If yes, will it be it's own pocast or on the same feed as the original?
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA

Just so everyone is aware, Scott Gimple has already warned that there will be time-shifting nonsense, and jumping all over the place, and flashbacks. Which I am not excited about. (This trailer is just the first three episodes, btw.)

But, based on filming spoilers, it sounds like the No Way Out herd is coming around episode 7/8 (the mid-season finale), and I'm really excited about that.

UnderwoodElisaTravis
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    Just read an interview with Norman Reedus from SDCC  (link: http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/17/sdcc-norman-reedus-talks-walking-dead-boondock-saints-3-and-his-new-thriller-air/ )

The small section about the Walking Dead is just too perfect:

“The Walking Dead” fans say that if Daryl dies they will riot. What is that kind of fan response like for you?

I mean I know it’s a t-shirt. Thank you? I like a good riot. I remember the LA riots, and I was like, “Why don’t we get the DMV? Let’s take down the DMV. Why are we taking down this store? Who needs a TV? Let’s burn the DMV!”

So if Daryl dies you would prefer your fans specifically riot at the DMV?

[Smiling] Just go straight to the DMV, yeah. Take out all your anger at the DMV.
    Travis
  • Ashley said:

Just so everyone is aware, Scott Gimple has already warned that there will be time-shifting nonsense, and jumping all over the place, and flashbacks. Which I am not excited about. (This trailer is just the first three episodes, btw.)

But, based on filming spoilers, it sounds like the No Way Out herd is coming around episode 7/8 (the mid-season finale), and I'm really excited about that.

I am totally cool with flashbacks and time-shifting. I would prefer they break up the Alexandria setting a bit. Gimple hasn't been perfect but he's the best we got so I am gonna have faith he can do some cool shit with flashbacks. Still holding out hope for the tank soldier flashback we were supposed to get in season 2. 
    Travis
  • From what I've seen and read I'm guessing the flashbacks will be some of Morgan's story from between Clear to where we saw him again in season 5
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, we are doing FTWD.  What are your opinions?  Should it have it's own feed, or just go in the Walking Dead feed?
    Elisa
  • Yeah, we are doing FTWD.  What are your opinions?  Should it have it's own feed, or just go in the Walking Dead feed?

Yeah, heard you mention it on last weeks lwj&a I believe. IMO just use the same feed. Most people who will be listening will probably be watching both and want to hear your opinions on both. I don't believe they shows will overlap when they're airing so it's not like you'll need to double up the program. As far as instant takes.... not sure. Obviously it's up to you and Jim if you want to do those or not. 
  • Yeah, we are doing FTWD.  What are your opinions?  Should it have it's own feed, or just go in the Walking Dead feed?

Both, maybe? Include with TWD feed for convenience (and to leverage existing audience), but make a separate feed for those looking for coverage of only this show. Then again, you didn't do this with BCS/BrGood, but it's not quite the same, imo.
  • man i dont know how to embed videos properly but its the 2nd video on the page. i realize there are prob not a lot of WWE fans on here but the Monday Night Raw is in Atlanta tonight

I've struggled with this too. Anybody know the trick? I've tried the "embed" link from Youtube in the past, but it doesn't work. How do you place the video on the page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Travis said:

man i dont know how to embed videos properly but its the 2nd video on the page. i realize there are prob not a lot of WWE fans on here but the Monday Night Raw is in Atlanta tonight

I've struggled with this too. Anybody know the trick? I've tried the "embed" link from Youtube in the past, but it doesn't work. How do you place the video on the page? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I've always just put the link in, no special code
  • Holy shit those are both good trailers! I'm super excited. I was worried about FtWD in particular, but from the trailers it seems pretty certain that if nothing else it will be pretty action packed, and if you apply the theory that for every moment they are fighting or running from zombies the show doesn't suck for that minute it appears that it will if nothing else have a whole lot of not sucky minutes.

AntManBee
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 2015
    FTWD should just fall in with Watching Dead. Given all the separate podcasts already I personally would like to avoid another one. Plus I don't think there will be other Bald Movers who watch FTWD and not TWD. but I might be wrong.

BTW, FTWD trailer blew me away. I am more excited for S1 ans S6. It looks intense and suspenseful and everyone loves the outbreak. My only concern is the limited budget means we don't get any real epic outbreak moments and that what we have scene could make up the majority of the outbreak scenes and the rest is a people holed up talking about what to do. 
    AntManBee
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

Yeah, we are doing FTWD.  What are your opinions?  Should it have it's own feed, or just go in the Walking Dead feed?

Yeah it should just be part of Watching Dead. I am exclusively using the firehose feed now but I still want to hear the opening theme song and maybe get a skit at one point? (Guess we have to wait and see if it's ridiculous enough for a skit but it's got potential.)
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Ha so it looks like we are getting another "this is how life is now" from Rick's crush (I forget her name). Looks like you guys were right, literally every named/spoken character has to have this speech in this universe. At this point it is almost a running gag.
This discussion has been closed.