What are you playing?

Comments

• @aberry89‌

Man, Jim and I had a lot of great times in Left 4 Dead 1 & 2. So many great moments. I believe we were roommates during it's heydey, and the same room co-op experience was just so good.

Destiny is the most fun I've had with a shooter since... I don't know. Half-Life 2? I said on Lunch with Jim and A.Ron last week that it might be uniquely designed for me, since I don't really play modern shooters, and I've consciously stayed away from MMOs, so leveling up, gearing up, and blowing alien heads off just feels so incredibly good.

I got Binding of Isaac on the winter steam sale, haven't given it a go yet.

Man I absolutely loved Left4Dead. I was pretty good at it, did all campaigns on Expert several times and the vs. mode was a blast. Learning how to jump from wall to wall as a Hunter and then pounce was glorious. I also learned how to kill a Witch with the pump shotgun, which I'd never seen anyone do before I learned it. The nerd rage was strong. I think I had about 330 hours logged into that game when I stopped playing it.

I did not like L4D2 though. It just didn't feel right, I dunno. It was all superficially built on the first, it just.. wasn't as good.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    It's such a fun co-op game, especially when you have a good group of people together for your team. And it's always that kind of game where you just scrape by, but the winning is SOOO sweet.

I have actally only played Left4Dead 2 - I hear some people say the first is thier favorite and the second is thier favorite...but sounds like you really like the first.
  • @aberry89‌ Yeah the second just seemed a bit, I dunno, off. I think I would've really like L4D2 had I never played the original. The hit detection was a bit of a disaster when it came out too which didn't help, and the feel of playing the infected just wasn't the same. The original characters of L4D were also vastly superior to the characters in L4D2. The weather effects and moving panic events (forget the name) were pretty cool though.

All this made me dig up some old gameplay footage I uploaded to Youtube forever ago for friends to watch. My favorite is the end of this one:

Hunters don't make noise until you crouch so if you can blend in with regular infected you can do a lot of damage with regular slashes w/o pouncing. The best part though is the elevator; it happens pretty fast but I slashed Louis to death and the other two players panicked and shot instead of meleed, incapping Zoey w/ friendly fire.

Hunter wall jumping @ 0:40s:

Took a bit of practice to do it but when you could do it no one can really see you/react in time.

There's also a few classic moments of L4D2, looks like I only have Expert campaign clips, no versus:

Took 2 hours to get to the end of this map on Expert, only for this to happen:

• Evolve! Closed beta is happening now
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I got to play a early peak of Evolve at a PAX last year. I'd love to give it a try.
  • I know that I'm way behind the times, but I've been playing Skyrim, for the past like 2 months. (Just built my first house, yahoo!)

I was really, really excited about Assassin's Creed Unity, because it's set during the French Revolution, and just sounds amazing. But I'm waiting until it (hopefully) comes out for PS3. *crosses fingers*
  • edited February 2015
    Sadly my 360 barely reads discs anymore. If the game doesn't have an install disc like Borderlands Pre-Sequel it wont run long. Its wayyyy to much reading off the disc.

So right now its: NHL15, GTA ONLINE, a lil BF4. I still play Defiance every so often. The servers are still terrible but they still put out storylines that sync up with the new seasons which I love. No other game is doing that.

Im also playing Game of Thrones Telltales and Boderlands Telltales.

Im getting Xbox One soon so Far Cry 4 and Evolve will be purchased.

Cant wait for the new Mortal Kombat. The last one was the best in the franchise. Story was amazing spanning the 3 original games.

Im also waiting for Valve to make an annoucement. Bunch of assholes lol. Stop messing me and announce something already.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited February 2015
    I am playing Portal 2 for the first time. Talk about late the the party, but god it is so fun! I was aprehensize at first - puzzle games are usually not my favorite, but I love the world and story a lot. The challenges are sometimes hard, but you feel so fucking smart when you figure it out! :) Also Wheatley :blush: Stephan Merchant, nerd crush.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • COD Advanced Warfare online multiplayer. I have been playing since Christmas. Straight fiend status. Explains my lack of posts.
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    Big gamer here. Playing mostly on the PS4.  I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition. But I also pop on to Destiny, Madden 15, Far Cry 4, and COD:AW from time-to-time. I've beat The Last of Us and the campaigns on the previously mentioned COD and Destiny. Next on tap (already purchased) Assasin's Creed Black Flag and Unity, Dying Light, and The Order 1886.

My PSN name is SgtGReYFoX77

Send me a friend request and I'd be glad to join some new friends in whatever games they are playing!

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Been getting back into The Golf Club pretty heavy. I played it quite a bit when it first came out, and then left it alone for months. Recently though, I came across a community that runs tournaments that mimics the actual PGA and Web.com tours. Really gives the game a weight that most sports games can't capture. Also play GTA Online, and am always looking for heisters. Gamertag is DoctorBell on PS4 if anyone wants to play a round of golf or shoot people.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited May 2015
    Not that big of a gamer, so not up on all the newest and "hippest" games, but I do LOVE me some baseball, so am mostly playing MLB 15 The Show now.

The girlfriend has been here this weekend, so played a free downloaded game (Never Alone or something) which she seemed to enjoy watching me play, where I alnerate between an Inuit girl (Nuna) and an artic fox.

Soon will get back to TWD Season 2 though.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    ive been playing Out of the Park Baseball 16. It's definitely a nerd game given that it's not about actually playing baseball games but rather running a team from top to bottom. It's a really crazy in depth simulation. It's fantasy baseball on steroids times 1000.
    Cory
    Never Alone is excellent!

The girlf and I are playing tons of helldivers lately, it's a blast for couch co-op, and it's really fun in a twisted orwellian "starship troopers" sort of way.

And I'm of course playing as much destiny as time allows. Just played 10 hours of Iron Banner thus week so my warlock can rep House Stark. The North Remembers, you know.

Playing minecraft with your kids is a great experience. My son and I started playing 3 years ago, we beat the game together a few times, built a replica of Kings Island, got into the modding scene. It's surprising how many life lessons you can teach within the confines of minecraft. Why stealing is bad, why cooperation is good, what it feels like to experience loss, how to share and get along, respect for others property, it's like the goddamn Mr Rodgers of video games.
    Hatorian
    Binding of Issac never even got the cellophane pulled off, eh A. Ron? I finally 100%ed it. What a beating. Still though, what a great game.
    Nope, Destiny pretty much has consumed all. Just when I'm starting to show down, the new dlc comes out this month. I'm hoping to tear away about 45 days after that.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Hubby has been playing the newest assassin's creed (ps4) and my son (recently un-grounded lol) has been playing nhl 15 (Xbox 360)... And I'm over here struggling on candy crush level 187. *I'mNoGamer*
    Cory
  • Right now its Madden and MKX till Arkham Knight comes out in June. Arkham Knight is going to be crazy good. Cant wait. I still think Arkham City is one of the best games ever made
    @Jovial_Falcon How are the new rookies in Madden? Didn't they add them to the rosters right after the draft?
  • @freddy i downloaded the roster update after Rd 1 but havent played a game with that roster yet. I had already started a Connected Franchise. Once im done with the 1st year with my Packers, Im going to download the complete draft roster and start over.

If I have time after work, I may play a Bucs/Titans game to see how Marioto(Goodell's spelling) vs Winston is. Ill let you know.

Were you interested in a particular player that got drafted to a certain team?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Hatorian said:

ive been playing Out of the Park Baseball 16. It's definitely a nerd game given that it's not about actually playing baseball games but rather running a team from top to bottom. It's a really crazy in depth simulation. It's fantasy baseball on steroids times 1000.

So you're basically the General Manager?  Or the Manager?  I might have to look into that.  There was one for PS2 (I think) or PS3 my friend bought and I borrowed, but I never got into it as I believe it make you watch every pitch of every game.  Kind of time consuming compared to MVP Baseball.  I think it might have even had Billy Beane's name on it.
    Yeah, Batman is the other thing that might tear me away from Destiny.  I've played every Batman release on day one except for Origins, which I heard was unplayable, and by the time I heard they had a lot of it sorted out I'd moved on.  I own it on Steam, but it didn't get nearly the praise the Arkham and City did, and my non-family playing time is always in  short supply.
    Cory said:

Hatorian said:

So you're basically the General Manager?  Or the Manager?  I might have to look into that.  There was one for PS2 (I think) or PS3 my friend bought and I borrowed, but I never got into it as I believe it make you watch every pitch of every game.  Kind of time consuming compared to MVP Baseball.  I think it might have even had Billy Beane's name on it.

General Manager. You can sim whole games, days, weeks or seasons if you want to. But you can also sim and manage through each batter if you really want. You can also sim half innings and innings if you want to "watch" a game. How you want to manage the games is up to you. its more about building the team and managing the day to day affairs like trades, strategy, player management, scouting, etc. 

A really cool thing about it is they have every season from 1871 available. You can play the 1919 black sox or the 27 yankees or 69 cubs with real rosters. its epic and alot of fun to play through historical seasons.  its a PC game though. just an FYI on that. but i dont think you need a crazy system to run it cuz its not about graphics or crazy gameplay. 

Man MVP baseball. best baseball game ever man. The show is good but nothing comes close to mid 2000s MVP games. 

Cory
  • I've been replaying Dark Souls as I can't justify picking up a PS4 just to play Bloodborne, which is what I really wish I was playing. I've got a ton of games picked up on Steam sales that I haven't even touched, yet, though. 
    The Witcher 3 just came out and is pretty good fun. 
  • I will definitely be picking that up at some point. I enjoyed The Witcher 2 quite a bit. 
  • edited May 2015
    NIN's 'The Wretched' used for live-action trailer for Arkham Knight. Also he is credited as a 'Musical Consultant' on the trailer. I thought I was dreaming ha so pumped for this game

@jim NINs music can be used for anything.... well not everything but most things

http://m.billboard.com/articles/news/6575994/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-batman-arkham-knight-video#!/entry/view/id/126579
    I'm excited for Batman, but the pre-order business has gotten out of control.  I'm considering waiting for the GOTY edition so I can get all the content in one place on my chosen platform and save money to boot.  
    DaveyMac
  • Most pre-order is not something i care for. Whether its a skin for a gun(what? Ha) or a certain car, I find it all ridiculous.

Cant remember the last time I cared about a pre-order perk. Plus with Batman you have like 4 different stores w/ diff perks. Its tiresome
    Exactly. I could give a shit about capes and boots, but I have to buy from four places in two platforms just to get all the "playable content". Fuck all of that.