What are you playing?

Comments

• Civilization has been the only game that can still keep my interest. Can't wait for civ 6
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    I so wish they would put Civ 6 on console, I love the Civ games and my computer is so slow when I try playing Civ V, I know it won't be able to handle 6. I'm also super interested in Doom it looks like a blast. I'm between going back to Witcher or buying Doom when I finish Uncharted.
    Dummy
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I just got Civ V on sale. It'd fun, but I remember why these 4x games sometimes grate on my nerves. Imo there is too much micromanaging the cities. Like I shouldn't have to manually switch citizens to production on every city. Maybe there is an easier way to manage this, I only played for an hour or so until I got steamrolled by the computer because my entire empire was defaulting over to max pop growth.
  • Luke said:

I just got Civ V on sale. It'd fun, but I remember why these 4x games sometimes grate on my nerves. Imo there is too much micromanaging the cities. Like I shouldn't have to manually switch citizens to production on every city. Maybe there is an easier way to manage this, I only played for an hour or so until I got steamrolled by the computer because my entire empire was defaulting over to max pop growth.

Maybe it depends on the difficulty you play on, but it's rarely an issue for me. I usually just leave it on default unless there is something specific I need. Most of the time it is optimizing what I would have chosen anyway. If you are someone that needs to micromanage that, then I could see that being an issue. The only thing I hate automating is the workers. They will prioritize building a road or improving a luxury item 20 spaces away while my cities are starving and need farms. 
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    @ghm3
    I've got it on a tv stand with the rest of my consoles. The ps4 is the only one that gives me problems. But like I said, it's mainly for downloaded games. Most disk games are pretty quiet. Expect for Until Dawn, but I've read that might be the game itself. I figure if I can hear the console, it's too loud.

Nonetheless, it does have that safe guard where it turns off before it overheats. So thankfully that hasn't happened yet(knock on wood).

I got uncharted 4 for my birthday but I've yet to finish 2 and 3. Need to get on that.
  • Playing Diablo 3 yet again now.  Curse you Blizzard and your ability to feed my addiction to min-maxing and semi-mindless gameplay with constant incremental improvement and just the right amount of random phat lewt reinforcement and mixing it up with the minor changes between seasons.  Every season I start a guy play it too much for a few weeks until it starts to feel like too much of a grind and then I uninstall it until the start of the next season.
  • @WonderedObject Only on DLed games, wtf that's so weird. All of my games are PSN downloads, I don't think I have anything on disc. I did put an SSD in my PS4 on day 1 but that the 2.5" mechanical drives they put in them shouldn't be much louder at all except for maybe when it's starting something up.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    @ghm3 i know, it's a trip. You'd think itd be the opposite. That's why I try to buy disks. But oh well, just an excuse to turn up the games louder haha.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Civ 6 looks cool. Put in a lot of hours into Civ 5. Hope my PC can run it though. Civ 5 ran fine unless the game went for too many years and every nation was built crazy strong with lots of units across the entire map. started to slow down a bit there. Hope the requirements are not too much higher. 
    DaveyMac
  • Yeah I'm excited for Civ 6 as well. I gave Civ Beyond Earth a pass as it was very similar-looking to 5 and I was waiting for it to drop really low to pick it up. But now I might just skip it and go for Civ 6. 
    Hatorian
  • Loved the Overwatch beta. Can't wait to play the hell out of this game.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I went on a crazy video game playing spree yesterday. I finished up my
    platinum on Uncharted 2 Remastered. (This is the second platinum I've
    earned for this same game, I figured since I was replaying the
    remastered why not go for it. Uncharted 3 is up next before jumping (pun
    intended) into Uncharted 4.

I beat Neverending Nightmares. A somewhat frustrating, but also chilling
    indie horror game. Its available on Steam as well. The art design is
    fantastic, but the actual mechanics of the game are a bit frustrating.
    You essentially wander around forever until something startling happens.
    Wake-up in your bed like its a dream. Its a decent time, but it does
    wear out its welcome a bit. Horror junkies like myself may really dig it
    though.

I beat The Park. Another indie horror game. But this one is more of the
    first-person, walking simulator variety. I found it absolutely
    frightening, but others may yawn at it. Its all of a two-hour experience
    and it was well worth it to me. You wander around an abandoned theme
    park looking for your child who ran inside and got lost. You eventually
    discover the hidden history of the park and your own issues. Like I
    said, it was really frightening to me and it just oozed atmosphere.
    However its already getting some real flack from people (and maybe
    rightfully so, to a degree) about the portrayal of mental illness.
    Regardless, work a look, but you could probably also Youtube it, and be
    just as fine.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    The Park sounds pretty cool. Reminds me a little bit of the 90's point and click game for PC that was based on the One Day in Horrorland Goosebumps book.
  • edited May 2016
    DOOM is awesome, I'm loving it so far. Playing it on Ultra-Violence, after dying so fast like six times on the first hectic battle on the Mars surface I was wondering if I was in over my head and should lower it to Hurt Me Plenty, but I adjusted shortly after and find the difficulty to be perfect, hopefully I'll be ready for Nightmare by the time I finish it. I'm taking my sweet time getting every secret power up I can find, it's almost necessary on Ultra-Violence. Also loving the hidden classic Doom levels.
    Drew
    Luke said:

The Park sounds pretty cool. Reminds me a little bit of the 90's point and click game for PC that was based on the One Day in Horrorland Goosebumps book.

I really dug it. But you have to keep in mind it isn't a game in the strictest sense, its the walking simulator thing. I don't mind those experiences at all. I think they are intriguing and interesting when a game can focus on story without having to force you to do gameplay. But I was done in about an hour and a half. So just keep that in mind.
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    My current playlist (as of 5/20)-

Destiny PS4- (Duh!) With 1156 hours played so far (you can check the total time played by going to www.wastedondestiny.com), you'd think I would be about finished with this game. Lol, no chance! Still love taking people through the raids and any harder challenges that I can.

Doom PS4- Just got this remade classic last weekend. I'm liking it so far. Not something that I'm going to be playing forever, but it's fun for short bursts a few days a week. I'm only playing it on Hurt Me Plenty mode right now.

GunsUP PS4- This was one of those stupid free games awhile ago. I downloaded it and now find myself jumping on it daily to do a few attacks and then move on to other games.

Age Of Empires:Castle Seige PC- Found this Win10 game in the Microsoft app store. Makes me reminisce to the Age of Empires days. 
    edited May 2016
    I have yet to actually do a raid...I'm too intimidated. (Oh and 161 hours for me)
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Finished up Uncharted 4 this morning, great game. I think U2 is still my favorite but U4 is a close second. Couple of complaints though. First, the last "boss" encounter, while very cool, was fucking brutal. I was playing on hard and damn I did that last fight probably 20 times. Also, Naughty Dog is the master of game creation all of their games from Uncharted 2 to now are amazing, no one makes games like ND. That said, the last 6 or so chapters just kept dragging on, they need to learn to reign in their end game a little bit, and the enemy encounters at the end game are just brutal, you guys make great games you don't need to keep the trope that the closer you get to the end of a game the more hordes of people you face.
  • I'm saving up for a PS4, but right now I still rock with the 360.  I mostly wait to buy games on sale so I'm behind the times.  I just started up The Phantom Pain.  I've been playing MGS Peace Walker & Ground Zeroes the last month though I'm not very skilled (Got a D rank on my first run on GZ main mission).  I hope TPP's issues are not as bad as people made them out to be.
    Drew
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    @mileswarrin are you a big fan of the MGS series? It's my favorite series, hell MGS is still my favorite game of all time, I think most of the problems we all had were the story elements. Gameplay is rock solid, one of the best playing games I've ever played, it just doesn't have that MGS feel really. If you weren't a fan of feature length cutscenes between gameplay you'll love TPP, if you liked the long, crazy cutscenes be prepared for disappointment.
  • Just wanted to chime in about Metal Gear Solid V TPP.  In my opinion, it's all game with little story.  This was a stark contrast to me from MGS IV, which was really all story no game.  I think you'll have a blast with it if you're into the series.  I found it to be relentlessly replayable! 
    Dummy
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    edited May 2016
    Even with the story being a bit of a mess, the cinematic quality of those games alone make it probably top three series for me.

I've just been playing a lot of Fallout 4. Far Harbor is pretty cool. At level 40 now.

Wish I had the time I had as a kid to play. I remember spending a whole summer immersed in Morrowind. A game that size blew my mind.

I want to pick up The Witcher, but I know it'll just collect dust.
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Gah I'm really stuck on if I want to go back to Fallout or Witcher now that I'm done with Uncharted. I really want to get Doom but I don't have the money and I have them two giant games still sitting in my backlog. Far Harbor looks great and it's really calling me to get back into Fallout but that Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher looks beautiful.
  • I used to be a massive MGS fan. MGS 3 was an amazing experience. I still remember the epic sniper fight that lasted 45 minutes or so. I was let down by MGS IV as I found the story to be kind of tedious and I don't remember the details, but I remember really disliking some of the latter cut scenes and where they took it. I never made it through Ground Zeroes, but I've heard great things about TPP. I'm just waiting for a Steam sale discount to pick it up.
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    MGS 4 had its moments but it really was when Kojima went full Kojima if you know what I mean. Having said that, the chapter where you go back to Shadow Moses from MGS 1 is probably one of the best moments of all time. MGS 1 is my favorite of the series, I've beaten that game more than any other game I've played.
    DaveyMac
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Drew said:

Gah I'm really stuck on if I want to go back to Fallout or Witcher now that I'm done with Uncharted. I really want to get Doom but I don't have the money and I have them two giant games still sitting in my backlog. Far Harbor looks great and it's really calling me to get back into Fallout but that Blood and Wine expansion for Witcher looks beautiful.

Yeah, that's my problem. I have a bunch of games sitting around now. Hell, I havent even finished Arkham Knight.

Far Harbor is great, though. As expected super buggy, but I ended the main story once and went back and started over.

Doom looks amazing, and it's getting great reviews (also there's a Terminator 2 easter egg in there lol), but I still have Arkham Knight, The Division and GTAV (beat it on 360 but need to do the same on PS4) sitting there staring at me.

Sidenote: I'm probably going to sell my Fallout 4 Collectors Edition if anyone is interested. I was so thirsty that I bought the digital copy to avoid waiting for the item to be shipped the next day lol.
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Damn Doom looks amazing, it's taking a lot of willpower not to buy it. I decided on The Witcher but I had to restart my play through. I couldn't remember where I was, what I was doing, why my Geralt was in the middle of Novigrad naked.
    hisdudeness915
  • Drew said:

@mileswarrin are you a big fan of the MGS series? It's my favorite series, hell MGS is still my favorite game of all time, I think most of the problems we all had were the story elements. Gameplay is rock solid, one of the best playing games I've ever played, it just doesn't have that MGS feel really. If you weren't a fan of feature length cutscenes between gameplay you'll love TPP, if you liked the long, crazy cutscenes be prepared for disappointment.

Drew, I would say that I am a fan of Metal Gear Solid (I can't say huge because I have huge gaps in my video gaming career), though getting through the shift from Tactical Espionage Action to Tactical Espionage Operations is an adjustment that has not been easy to deal with for some reason.  MGS is my second favorite game of all I've played (behind SMB3).  The mech battles from Peace Walker really push my buttons and I don't particularly like only having two or three guns (or missiles) going into a mission.  And it seems like I've getting more mech battles than what I've seen watching dasuberpoop's youtube series on the game.  I guess I'm destroying more AI parts than he did.    
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited June 2016
    Just knocked out the Binding of Isaac DLC on PS4. Not bad, but just makes me want more.

On a brighter note, when we got done with poker the other night my buddy turned on Fallout 4 and showed us the fighting pits he had setup after the Wasteland Workshops DLC came out. Needless to say, the night quickly devolved into betting on settler fights. Fun stuff.
  • What's the space crafting game Jim was talking about awhile back on Lunch/On The Rocks? 

Also the game that's the new craze and one of you guys tried it but didn't care for it. I don't think it was Stardew Valley, but it could have been. 

Offworld Trading Company was mentioned perhaps. But if it wasn't that one it was Kerbal Space Program

And yeah Jim did not like Stardew Valley, if memory serves.
    I think I remember Factorio coming up. That's a pretty insane micromanagement game. I tend to sit down with a coffee to play it in the morning and I'm shocked when I look away from the screen to find that it's dark outside and my coffee's gone cold. But at least tye robot trains are running on time.