What are you playing?

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

@Garthgou81 you know I have to say number 2 but I really connected with infinite and having Elizabeth as a companion. I need to replay that

Man, 2 is so underrated it is criminal. I can't wait to replay that one.
    WonderedObject
  • edited July 2016
    I'm playing Chrono Trigger. A pretty fun game and its free on the internet. 

I'm just wait for PS VR and will be playing:

Riggs
    Eve Valkyrie
    Robinson the Journey 
    Dreams

I hope others here are getting PS VR. I am most looking forward to Dreams and I hope some people here get the chance to play the games and levels I will be creating. 

Man, come October 13, I am going to have no life. I mean absolutely no life. Couldn't be more happy.
    Drew
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Replaying a lot of games here and there. Dishonored and South Park since they came with pre ordering the sequels. Still making steady progress in Witcher 3.

Me and my buddy are getting back into Destiny before the new expansion. If anyone is still in on Destiny and wouldn't mind walking me and my buddy through the raids that would be really great since we've never touched that section of the game.

I invested heavy into Lego Dimensions for me and my boys and damn that game is fun.

Just bought Overwatch on Xbone (add me: nativedrew if you play). Man I wasn't really impressed when I played the beta but I've been converted, this game is outstanding! I haven't been at work and itching to get home to play a multiplayer shooter in years. Widowmaker is my girl, got my first MVP vote after the game earlier today and felt like a damn boss. If you like multiplayer shooters but aren't great get this game it will make you feel like a pro, this game is really a great jumping off point for younger gamers that might like these type of games.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Original Bioshock gets that much better when you realize Andrew Ryan is voiced by Armin Shimerman aka Quark the bartender from Star Trek DS9. The fact that Ryan has a very Ferengi like philosophy can't be a coincidence.
    Luke said:

Original Bioshock gets that much better when you realize Andrew Ryan is voiced by Armin Shimerman aka Quark the bartender from Star Trek DS9. The fact that Ryan has a very Ferengi like philosophy can't be a coincidence.

I didn't know that!! I don't know him from DS9, but I certainly know him as the principle from Buffy. Wow. Mind blown.
  • Xbox just announced Red Dead Redemption getting backwards compatibility for the One!!
    Drew[Deleted User]
  • PerfectVirusPerfectVirus Alpharetta, GA
    X1: PerfectVirus PSN: PerfectVirus Steam: PerfectVirus

I allways seem to be working on my never ending stack of shame! 

Just Finished: Assassin's Creed Unity
    Currently: PS4 Assassin's Creed Syndicate
  • @Hatorian I loved Red Dead but never played Online or the DLC so Ill probably jump back on it.

Supposedly the 3 of the DLC's are free right now but on Friday you couldnt download them. Servers were F'd. Im going to try again tomorrow.

@Hatorian hit me up if you see me playing it. Again, I've never played online so I'm not sure what there is to do. I'm more than willing to hunt bears and scream like a girl when mountain lions jump out of bushes and tackle me off my horse
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 2016
    @Jovial_Falcon

I tried buying it today and it kept giving me an error. Hopefully it sorts it out. Definitely will get down on some multiplayer. We're already friends right? Although my HTC Vive came yesterday and I'm having a blast. I'll write up a post on it after a few days with the system.

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Just picked up Plague Inc from the Xbox Live summer sale---it's a browser game that's been souped up and ported over. You control a disease and the goal is to have it spread across the globe and kill all humans. Surprisingly tough but a lot of fun.
  • Yea plague inc is good fun. Had it on my iphone. Good time killer no pun intended.
    Frakkin T
  • @Garthgou81 Just an update on Soma. I finished it today, I'd highly recommend going back and giving it another shot. The story is fantastic and there's some really amazing atmosphere in the last third or so. The ending is great and I think it will stay with me for a while. I know you couldn't really get into the gameplay, but if you can get over that hump I think you'll find a really rewarding story. There were a couple of spots that I got stuck in that were a bit frustrating, but once I learned some of the tricks of the game, I was able to make it through. 
    Alright @DaveyMac you've convinced me. Downloading it again now. I will give it another whirl. How long of a game is it? I've heard excellent things, so it could have just been my mood that day or something.

I am also playing on the the free PS+ games for the month. The standalone/expansion to Saints Row IV: Gat Out of Hell. I wouldn't recommend this if it is someone's first Saints Row game, but if you liked the last couple, you will find this one to be an absolute blast. I am loving it. I also really love games that I can just play while listening to audio books or podcasts, and this is one of those.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited July 2016
    So i've had the HTC vive for a few days now and all I can say is this is the future of gaming. It is not kinect and it is not a gimmick whatsoever. It is a totally immersive experience like nothing I have witnessed before. There are a few issues but the pro's clearly outweight the cons. 

Pros: 
    100% perfect room and movement tracking. Weilding guns, swords and lightsabers is completely fluid and realistic. I was playing a lightsaber game and it really feels like your wielding a lightsaber.
    It is the ultimately party tool and is perfect for a small group of people to have fun together.
    The games really put you into the environment. Feeling your heart race when a zombie horde is approaching you is something you can't get playing a normal game. 
    Even though some of the games graphics are outdated your brain still makes you feel like you are there. You get scared of heights and your brain thinks everything is really there like stairs or walls.
    It takes you places you can only dream of going to like space.

Cons:
    Obviously cost
    lack of triple A games and replayability on some of them
    the headset can be seen when you wear it (IE its like someone wearing glasses vs contacts when viewing the world) you can sim the rim of the glasses

EDIT: Overall I haven't had this much fun playing games since before high school. It is the future. There is no way this tech falls by the wayside like Kinect. If this is the first gen experience then i cant imagine what will happen in a few years when we get 2nd and 3rd gen systems. 
    I plan on picking up the PSVR when it comes out. I know it is the budget option, but I just don't have the powerhouse of a PC that is needed. I hear great things about VR, and can't wait to give it a shot. i really love all the experimental stuff that they seem to be able to do with this medium.
    Hatorian
  • Nothing wrong with PSVR mate. Definitely reccomend getting a system. any one!
  • I should also say that if you're only interested in gaming then maybe the VR might not be everything you'd expect. I don't think VR will ever replace video games. Especially things like FPS. Even though there are really cool FPS shooting games it's gonna be hard to overcome the movement factor. A lot of VRs potential will come from immersive experiences that I would not define as gaming.
    I am more interested in the unique experiences of being able to travel to places I'd  never be able to otherwise and immersive moments. Its really less about gaming per se. At least to me.
    HatorianDaveyMac
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I played Gone Home yesterday.  Fun and nostalgic for anyone who's in their 30s, and a poignant story that's slowly revealed to you.  Exploring the house and finding old SNES cartridges, old printer paper, magazines, etc was fun.
    DaveyMac
  • @Garthgou81 Awesome. I hope you do find a way in. I think the NPC interactions are really fascinating and the whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts. Also if you do make it the end, I highly recommend waiting through the end of the credits. There is more to see. It took me just under 10 hours to play all the way through. But I know it can be done in less. I just got into exploring all the rooms. 
  • @Hatorian I mentioned it in some BM forum a couple weeks ago, but your opinion on the Vive is exactly what one of my co-workers has been saying ever since he got his. It's funny you mentioned the graphics on some of the games. He said that, out of everything he's played, that Minecraft ended up being one of the most intense, scary experiences he's had with it. 

He's also talked a ton about watching Game of Thrones on a giant movie screen in an empty theater or playing tabletop board games with friends from back home and all kinds of non-video game-related stuff. He said the Nasa Mars program is super cool and Museum tours have been pretty cool as well. 

I just can't justify the cost right now, so will be waiting for the next generation of it. I can't wait to actually try it out sometime. 
    Hatorian
    Cory said:

I played Gone Home yesterday.  Fun and nostalgic for anyone who's in their 30s, and a poignant story that's slowly revealed to you.  Exploring the house and finding old SNES cartridges, old printer paper, magazines, etc was fun.

Gone Home is such a fantastic game. The less said about the story the better, as going in blank really really allows your imagination to run wild. It is one of those games that people are dubbing a "walking simulator." That really seems to turn some folks off, but i think it is great.
    Coryvoodoorat
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Currently replaying Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One but having some audio issues. Trying to figure it out but luckily I already beat it so I'm still having fun. Such a classic. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Cory said:

Gone Home is such a fantastic game. The less said about the story the better, as going in blank really really allows your imagination to run wild. It is one of those games that people are dubbing a "walking simulator." That really seems to turn some folks off, but i think it is great. 

Agreed, which is why I didn't add more.  I figured it out pretty easily, but it was still beautiful to unravel it.
  • DaveyMacDaveyMac Tokyo
    edited July 2016
    I really like Gone Home as well. Very atmospheric and interesting story. I definitely wouldn't categorize it as a walking simulator. There's too much interaction with the world to give it that monicker.
    Without getting spoilery as well, I'd like to give my two cents for Gone Home. I am not a fan. At all. But I've had discussions about it with my friends who were fans so I can understand where the supporters come from. I only paid 10 bucks for it so I can't really complain. Kind of like watching a crap movie in the theaters. It happens. 
    @WonderedObject I'd be curious to hear what you disliked about it. Not here, perhaps because it is a game that shouldn't be spoiled.
    @Garthgou81 I'm always down for a thread about it. Yeah my dislikes are heavy in spoilers. 
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Not gonna lie been playing a ton of Pokemon Go lately and having a blast.
  • Well when I tried to buy Red Dead last week it was 7.49 and kept getting errors and wouldn't let me purchase it. I go back to check today and it's 29.99. And I'm sure it will work if I buy it now. But unfortunately $30 for a 6 year old game is too rich for my blood. gonna have to pass. Bit dissapointing this is clearly a profit grab.