Silicon Valley

Comments

• For those that haven’t watched, check the intro and pay attention to the signs for a little jab at one of the companies there ;) 
    redlancerChinaskihisdudeness915
  • You mean the Facebook sign in Russian 
    Chinaski
  • adobo1148 said:
    You mean the Facebook sign in Russian 
    Yea..
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    KingKobra said:
    adobo1148 said:
    You mean the Facebook sign in Russian 
    Yea..
    haha good catch!
  • Caught up on the episodes and I am enjoying how this season is unfolding.  Although, I kind of already thought that Jared was the COO.  If not, what was his official title before?  Also, really laughed at Jian Yang in court.
    DummyKingKobra
  • Caught up on the episodes and I am enjoying how this season is unfolding.  Although, I kind of already thought that Jared was the COO.  If not, what was his official title before?  Also, really laughed at Jian Yang in court.
    Did he even have an official title? He seemed to be more of a consultant ;) 
  • edited April 2018
    This season has been a big step up from last season.

It's been great so far. Jian Yang is hilarious.

I loved the last episode, with Christians being persecuted in the valley. I also thought it was funny when they turn that around on the developers, who think Christians are dumb, but then get into a heated argument over "nerdier" universe origin theories like the "simulation theory".
    KingKobraphoenyx1023ken hale
  • This was me trying to figure out True Detective season 2

DeeDStarFlukes
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited April 2018
    There’s so many tiny if you blink you miss it moments with Jared.

he is by far one of the greatest comedy/sitcom characters of our generation.

one example would be when they were interviewing someone and he asked a question about leaving family members behind and he slyly comments he knows what this feels like which builds on this backstory over the past 4 Seasons that Jared has had some crazy fucked up life where he went into witness protection. Buts it’s so quick and subtle that you can easily miss it. 
    hisdudeness915wasiDeephoenyx1023ken haleMFGMurderbear
  • wasiwasi Melbourne, AU
    I still watch Ed Chambers once a week :)

’that’s as high as we go homo!’
    Dummy
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited April 2018
    Caught up on the episodes and I am enjoying how this season is unfolding.  Although, I kind of already thought that Jared was the COO.  If not, what was his official title before?  Also, really laughed at Jian Yang in court.
    When Richard want to throw Gilfoyle under the bus for the fridge fiasco and Jared doesn't think that's a good idea, he tells Jared he's just a 'biz dev' guy so doesn't know anything. So apparently his current title was Business Development Manager.

wonder if Jian Yangs new-piedpiper new-new-internet will amount to anything. Would love to see Gilfoyle go to war with the Chinese government hackers  :)

i miss nothing about TJ Miller
    wasiDeehisdudeness915darwinfeeshyphoenyx1023MattyWeaveshypergenesbDStarFlukes
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:
    I never liked him and thought his character was pretty useless. HBO must have felt similar, or at least that what he brought to the show was not worth the pain he was on set. 
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    I never liked him and thought his character was pretty useless. HBO must have felt similar, or at least that what he brought to the show was not worth the pain he was on set. 
    yeah that guys sucks.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Chinaski said:
    Same. I didn’t mind the character as just a general blowhard idiot sitcom type, but they really haven’t suffered at all for him being gone.
  • edited April 2018
    RE: TJ Miller

I agree that he is a douche IRL and his character became a bit stale, but he still had some hilarious moments, especially in the earlier seasons.

I'm happy he's gone, but I'm sure glad he was there.

I'll always love him going full mama bear with Richard.

Also, the Aviato pronunciation.
    ken haleMurderbear
  • RE: TJ Miller

I agree that he is a douche IRL and his character became a bit stale, but he still had some hilarious moments, especially in the earlier seasons.

I'm happy he was gone, but I'm sure glad he was there.

I'll always love him going full mama bear with Richard.

Also, the Aviato pronunciation.

I agree, he had his moments. And now they're doing a good job getting laughs at his expense in his absence via Jìng-Yáng.
  • Chinaski said:
    Wonder when the PP team will derive a new quantum algorithm from some discussion about Bachman being both dead and not dead
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Chinaski said:

I love all the characters on this show equally.

*Later*

I don't care for Erlich.
    ShumDStar
  • This past episode may just be the best of the entire series for me thus far. Oh Jared, I do love thee 
  • Goddamn this season is a return to form. So many great scenes.

Jared staring on in horror as Fiona was torn apart was almost as heartbreaking as it was hilarious. Especially with the hard cut to it from Richard reassuring Jared that she'd be ok.

Also, Dinesh and Gilfoyle realizing that the staff hates both of them was great. Dinesh has been over the top and annoying this season, but Gilfoyle is just as petty and irritating in his own way. Their relationship is a comedy goldmine.
    KingKobraphoenyx1023ken haleMFG
  • Gavin is eating shit on the reg this season
  • I loved seeing Laurie be anything other than a cold businesswoman, 
  • Den pak and Hoover together is fantastic, hope they give them more screen time
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    How did I not see Laurie/Richard coming!? Man, their kids are going to be real messed up.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    edited April 2018
    Too bad about Fiona. She was the most likable character on the show.

#TheseViolentDelights
    alexander.klassenwasiredlancerhypergenesb
  • edited May 2018
    I know that's not the last we see of Jian Yang.  The way he expressed genuine sadness at leaving his "great friends" behind was pretty sweet.
  • Fiona getting dismantled in front of Jared was great. Actually paid off the unimaginative 'creepy dude builds a sex robot' plot from last week. And the "New China" and "emotional discipline" stuff felt like a more biting take on corporate culture than we've had in a while. But the Dinesh/Gilfoyle feud continues to be tedious and contributes nothing to the plot or commentary of the show.
    MrX
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited May 2018
    Gifolyes’s bitcoin presentation was hilarious. Tried to slow down the frames and saw something about ciggarettes? Assuming currency in prison. Haha. I’m definitely a bit bias as I have some money in the game but his comments about Buffet are 100% accurate. The man has a lot to lose if money shifts from stock to coin. It’s definitely not in his interest. 
  • Should have seen the Laurie/Jin-yang/Yao alliance, love this season despite its brevity, 8 very tight episodes 
    ken hale
This discussion has been closed.