Silicon Valley

15678911»

Comments

• redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited May 2018
    really liking this season, too.

Only character not doing it for me this time around is Gavin Belson. Love seeing him get his shit handed to him at every turn, but seems like hes gone from conniving ruthless business man, to clueless conniving ruthless business man. I don't remember him being so dumb about basic social norms and how the world works. Up until now it seemed like he knew exactly how all that stuff worked and just chose to deliberately ignore it for his own gain, now it's like he's just kind of an idiot, but somehow got lucky enough to build up a mega company. I like him more as ruthless genius with bad luck instead of eccentric CEO making piss-poor decisions.

Props though for the back and forth about where to build the Box
    "I have an idea"
    "What?"
    "We build them in the US"
    "Fuck you!"

lol

hisdudeness915MFGMurderbear
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I usually watch this show late at night when I’m half asleep so I’ve clearly missed something. Why does Jared hate Richard’s PA so much? 
  • Dee said:
    I usually watch this show late at night when I’m half asleep so I’ve clearly missed something. Why does Jared hate Richard’s PA so much? 
    They haven't explained it outright. I think Jared is just full-on "mama bear" over Richard, so he's wary of his PA, especially since that was Jared's old job.

I really hope they pay this off and have Richard's new PA actually be a bad dude.
    DeeKingKobra
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I couldn't believe it was the 7th episode already. It doesn't feel like much happened...but it has?

I really like how Richard is surrounding himself, finally, with the people who have been working their ass off for him.

I hope this Chinese Pied Piper thing is over quick. I can't handle more failure.
  • To me, I just loved the scene with Gavin doing his press conference and telling the people that if things didn't work out, then they know who to blame (the mayor).  Just had to laugh at thinking of how the mayor was all excited and then have to talk to Gavin a little later.

Additionally, the whole Jared and the new assistant was just funny.  Especially over the sandwich and how Jared knew the guy asked Richard to make sure that Jared knew.

• Dee said:

I think it's just because it's hilarious to think of Jared as a terrifying boss from a horror movie. With all the dark backstory that Jared has leaked out over the years it really works. That scene where he follows the PA around the corner and ominous music plays :D
  • MrX said:
    Dee said:

I think it's just because it's hilarious to think of Jared as a terrifying boss from a horror movie. With all the dark backstory that Jared has leaked out over the years it really works. That scene where he follows the PA around the corner and ominous music plays :D

They could go real dark with it and have the PA just disappear, then Jared causally dropping a line about knowing how to hide bodies.
    Chinaski
  • edited May 2018
    Just watched the S5 finale, hands down best season of the series, and arguably the best finale of the series, Guilfoyle and Monica? Part of me is like Huh, another part is like, Why not?
  • That episode was brilliant. I'm amazed they were able to turn the show around as well as they did. I refuse to pick a favorite part because I loved all of it. 
    KingKobra
  • I would say “finally” they end on a high note. Although we all know Laurie will not go quietly. 
  • F*** everybody who says this show is cyclical. What a great episode!

I could not stop laughing when Jared shouted "How would you like to die today, motherf*****" :D
    MattyWeavesphoenyx1023HatorianChinaskihitmyhypergenesbhisdudeness915
  • Loved the season bookend of "here's our new space"

Should have ended with Richard tripping on a floor outlet instead of vomiting into a trash can  :)
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    ‘how would you like to die today motherfucker?’ - Jared Dunn
    MrXMattyWeaveshitmyhypergenesbhisdudeness915
  • I don’t think it surprises anyone that 2 Office alums have some of the most memorable lines of the show. 
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    KingKobra said:
    I don’t think it surprises anyone that 2 Office alums have some of the most memorable lines of the show. 
    Obviously Jared was Gabe on The Office but who is the other one?
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    MFG said:
    F*** everybody who says this show is cyclical. What a great episode!

I could not stop laughing when Jared shouted "How would you like to die today, motherf*****" :D
    Best line of the season. 
    hypergenesb
  • KingKobra said:
    I don’t think it surprises anyone that 2 Office alums have some of the most memorable lines of the show. 
    Russ Hanneman (3 comma club) is Brian (camera crew). 
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    KingKobra said:
    KingKobra said:
    Russ Hanneman (3 comma club) is Brian (camera crew). 
    Dammit. I knew that. Good call!
    KingKobra
  • I came here to comment that Jared's "How would you like to die today, motherfucker?" was the best line of the season (series?), and was delighted to see other people commenting on it heh
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    hitmy said:
    I came here to comment that Jared's "How would you like to die today, motherfucker?" was the best line of the season (series?), and was delighted to see other people commenting on it heh
    Biggest laugh from me on this show since the end of Season 1 finale's Ehrlich line "and I can prove it".

It's actually surprising how much this season finale puts them exactly in the same spot as the S1 finale did.  Monica practically gives Richard the same speech and he pukes again.

Kind of a commentary on how little actually happened in seasons 2-5.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited May 2018
    Okay, Jared’s line to the fast food clerk was great, but what about the throwaway line about “my friend Muriel, before she died”. Jared constantly says things like that, hinting at his dark past, and we never get the stories! Which is hilarious, but also I want the stories! 
    KingKobra
  • edited May 2018
    Do you guys think Silicon Valley is like your standard sitcom that can essentially go on forever? Or does the creative team behind the show have an endpoint in mind. 

They seem to be telling a coming of age story of a tech-conglomerate, so does the story end when Richard's company reaches maturity? 
  • edited May 2018
    The creators have been saying for several years that they have a vague six-season plan for the show outlined, which would make the next season the final one. However, in the most recent interviews after the finale they said that it could go further than that if it felt right. Personally, I think they should end it sooner rather than later; this episode would've made a perfect ending in fact, but clearly they have something planned for the future.
    KingKobra
    Biggest laughs since the dick algorithm
    Doctor_Nick
  • The creators have been saying for several years that they have a vague six-season plan for the show outlined, which would make the next season the final one. However, in the most recent interviews after the finale they said that it could go further than that if it felt right. Personally, I think they should end it sooner rather than later; this episode would've made a perfect ending in fact, but clearly they have something planned for the future.
    Its hard to imagine how much they can squeeze out of this show, maybe a facebook type scandal?
  • If a Facebook scandal is in the works, id love to see Guilfoyle testifying before Congress. That would be magical 
    Chinaski
  • I almost feel that they have to have a plan for how much longer the series is going to go.  Don't want it to get to a point where they make a season just for the sake of making a season.

Just glad that at the end of this season they found a way to get Jian Yang back for the following season.  I also really enjoyed everyone double crossing everyone.

They can definitely extend the series out. Hopefully they get away from the formula of PP is about to be successful then bad shit happens then they find a way out of it. I really hope they go into detail on how PP becomes the next Amazon and they continue to build on Jared’s characters as this total badass
    Chinaski
This discussion has been closed.