Fortnite

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Ben Lupo has been having streaming issues the past few days. I really miss him. Ben and Tyler are selling T-shirts for Saint Jude's and I haven't pulled the plug and bought one because... are they over? Will they even pretend to be friends after the T-shirts have run out? Will my T-shirt be a sad reminder of what was? I don't want to wear a sad reminder.

It's been a week. I don't know what's going on. The Expanse, Westworld, two phenomenal shows, but all I really care about after a long day of work is dragging myself into my giant beanbag chair, reaching for a fifth of vodka and stale, last-night Oreos, and watching two people who are obviously best friends (right???) face off in a war to the death, 20 minutes at a time, life and death and life in an uroboros cycle, and then they try to hurl each other off a mountain with impulse grenades.

This is the reason I'm alive right now.

Ben says he's going to play tomorrow? Is he?!?! Even if he does, will he play with Tyler?! Will they be friends always?!

I made some fan art. Please like my fan art. 

A_Ron_Hubbardjtmy92roxbombers
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I liked your fan art. I miss Ben too, but I have been totally digging Tim filling in these past few days. Tim seems to get genuine non ironic laughter out of Ninja and his natural not give a pick plus comedy seems to disarm the worst of Ninjas bad teammate qualities.

Hopefully Lupo can slay the tech dragons. I've been there, it sucks. Growing pains, man.
    JaimieTJTKIII
    I liked your fan art. I miss Ben too, but I have been totally digging Tim filling in these past few days. Tim seems to get genuine non ironic laughter out of Ninja and his natural not give a pick plus comedy seems to disarm the worst of Ninjas bad teammate qualities.

Hopefully Lupo can slay the tech dragons. I've been there, it sucks. Growing pains, man.

Tim is amazing. My perfect squad is Ninja, Ben, Tim and... I don't know, someone who is quiet so Ben can get a word in edgewise. ;)
    Nothing wrong with rolling 3 deep in squads, especially if you got Ninja and Lupo!
    Lupo came back with a fucking incredible room/setup. 

1. Lupo, to me, feels like this lovely blend of the best of Ninja and Disrespect, personality-wise.

2. Will Ninja improve his setup finally? I predict not, because I think it's intentional. If it's not intentional, he'll fix it within 3 months. IMO.
  • Ninja said on a stream the other day he had big plans in store for an upgrade.  Wouldn't say what but said it wouldn't be gradual and would just be a big change at once.
    JaimieT
    One thing I haven't really thought of is how far back in arrears Twitch pays streamers.  Ninja is likely 60-90 days away from getting the cash on the day he earns it, so he hasn't been paid his first mega pay check. I imagine when he gets that he'll do SOMETHING, if nothing else to keep up with Ben.

I got a chuckle out of Lupo's Chair stream upgrade.  The chair arms manipulating the mouse and keyboard are a nice touch, and that all money earned while chair streaming goes to "chair-ity" is brilliant, too.  I hope in v3 he choreographs it better so the chair action matches up with the arm action, but I love that he's experimenting with the shtick.
    JaimieTroxbombers
  • I would love seeing how people look when building playing on a Switch 
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Graphics and art wise, it fits perfectly on the Switch platform, which is why people have been asking for so long why it isn't already on Switch. I think the biggest thing will be the Nintendo exclusives, like getting Zelda and Mario equipment, and the controller differences. That would definitely give me more incentive to buy the Pro controller for switch.

JaimieT
    Graphics and art wise, it fits perfectly on the Switch platform, which is why people have been asking for so long why it isn't already on Switch. I think the biggest thing will be the Nintendo exclusives, like getting Zelda and Mario equipment, and the controller differences. That would definitely give me more incentive to buy the Pro controller for switch.

A green Link skin with a Hyrule Shield back bling. Okay, it gets too literal somewhere in there, so maybe just Tingle. Tingle would be great.

All the Chickensgguenot
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    JaimieT said:

A green Link skin with a Hyrule Shield back bling. Okay, it gets too literal somewhere in there, so maybe just Tingle. Tingle would be great.

And of course Zelda BOTW already has him dropping down from high towers and mountains and deploying his glider in the exact same fashion as they do in Fortnite, so they've already got a new exclusive Link glider to add to the collection.
    JaimieT
  • edited May 2018
    Ninja just went insane in this tourney.  Teammate went out really early and overcame a 8 kill deficit by himself against two FaZe guys for a 23 kill game by himself to tie it.

JaimieT
    edited May 2018
    Ninja just went insane in this tourney.  Teammate went out really early and overcame a 8 kill deficit by himself against two FaZe guys for a 23 kill game by himself to tie it.

Amazing game. Things like this show me I do like sports... I just had to find the right sport. 

I don't know anything about Richard, but he lost it for Ninja. I wish Lupo had been there. Some thoroughly average gameplay was what we needed. ;)
  • Not going to lie... was happy to see Ninja go down. He’s an unreal player but his personality just rubs me the wrong way. I loved when he loss tonight and immediately had to tell us his interaction numbers for today to make himself feel better. Like we get it Ninja, you’re popular. 
    JTKIII said:
    Not going to lie... was happy to see Ninja go down. He’s an unreal player but his personality just rubs me the wrong way. I loved when he loss tonight and immediately had to tell us his interaction numbers for today to make himself feel better. Like we get it Ninja, you’re popular. 

They have to report those to Keemstar immediately after they are knocked out. It's part of the tournament rules, so Keemstar can get sponsors and embiggen the pot.
  • JaimieT said:
    Amazing game. Things like this show me I do like sports... I just had to find the right sport. 

I don't know anything about Richard, but he lost it for Ninja. I wish Lupo had been there. Some thoroughly average gameplay was what we needed. ;)

That third game I don't know why Ninja thought they were still down and needed to split up.  I can understand Richard not pushing back too much after Ninja slayed like he did, just have to roll with whatever gameplan he says.

I do agree with Richard that their strategy could have easily been to stay near the other team and just outgun their opponent.  I'll be really interesting to see who Ninja teams up with in the next tournament.
    JaimieT said:

That third game I don't know why Ninja thought they were still down and needed to split up.  I can understand Richard not pushing back too much after Ninja slayed like he did, just have to roll with whatever gameplan he says.

I do agree with Richard that their strategy could have easily been to stay near the other team and just outgun their opponent.  I'll be really interesting to see who Ninja teams up with in the next tournament.

Oh wow, you're right. I remember him reasoning it out something like, "I kept us alive 1 extra game so we can do the strategy we originally planned to do." But yeah, they weren't behind anymore, so the strategy no longer matched. Flawed reasoning on his part.

I can't remember if they stuck together the 1st game?

In game 3 when Ninja died, I knew it was coming. He approached a guy who had peaking advantage! He was probably still in the 23-kills invincibility mindset lol.
  • Haha yeah, after 23 kills he had to be in GOAT mode going into that tiebreaker game.

First game Ninja got sniped at the farm and Richard pushed too hard at a squad and ran out of mats in the battle.
    JaimieT
  • Clips like this is why it’s hard for me to cheer for Ninja. https://clips.twitch.tv/MoralHandsomeElkGingerPower
    Lupo just said (gah I should have clipped it), "I don't think Ninja would want to play in a tournament like this for money because he'll want to win? And he said this yesterday, when he and I play together... we're very silly." 

Extrapolating the question (because he mumbled it, because he was reading chat) it was something about why Ninja/Lupo aren't or weren't duos in the tournament. 

I've had relationships like this. I think they both make each other more competitive, even with each other. Like, I don't think I'm very competitive, but then there are some people, goddamn. And if I completely understood it I wouldn't find it so fascinating in fiction or otherwise. 
  • That makes a ton of sense Jaimie.  The switch between giving each other a hard time while playing duo's to a competitive environment would be different.  
    JaimieT
  • Dang! First round tomorrow

Ninja / Richard vs. Lupo / Tim

https://umggaming.com/friday-fortnite/brackets

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    @A_Ron_Hubbard can I just say how much I enjoy your Fortnite streams. It's so much fun to watch someone who is actually a 'normal' player that you can relate to the struggles with. Ninja and co. are good to watch but I can't relate to 10+ game winning streaks haha!
    JaimieTroxbombersA_Ron_Hubbardjtmy92phil_neko
    Dang! First round tomorrow

Ninja / Richard vs. Lupo / Tim

https://umggaming.com/friday-fortnite/brackets

I caught some of Ninja's stream last night and he said, "Isn't that ridiculous? They're doing that on purpose."

At least he's not playing against the Doc... now that's too awkward, no one wants to see that.

I think Ninja will be teaming with Lupo soon. More was said on that front since my theorizing. 
  • Oh yeah, that's 100% on purpose.  Easy way to get a ton of people (including me) to tune into the first round where I might skip the first few rounds otherwise.  
    It's a bullshit way to run a bracket.  If they don't start seeding this with some sort of player strength it's just going to be silly and lead to boring finals that no one wants to watch. Are they seriously saying that Tim is that big of a liability? Maybe if you throw ME in with Ninja he can be the 32nd seed.

The ultimate awkwardness would be if Ninja and Doc got thrown onto the same squad after winning out their doubles bracket, haha. Can you imagine?

I thought the idea of this is that it was supposed to be a pro-am, you take one professional player and put them with a non-professional.  Looks like they're abandoning that in favor of stacked teams, which seems like the way to go. Always put your best product on display and save the pro-am shit for charity.
    JTKIIIJaimieT
  • It's a bullshit way to run a bracket.  If they don't start seeding this with some sort of player strength it's just going to be silly and lead to boring finals that no one wants to watch. Are they seriously saying that Tim is that big of a liability? Maybe if you throw ME in with Ninja he can be the 32nd seed.

The ultimate awkwardness would be if Ninja and Doc got thrown onto the same squad after winning out their doubles bracket, haha. Can you imagine?

I thought the idea of this is that it was supposed to be a pro-am, you take one professional player and put them with a non-professional.  Looks like they're abandoning that in favor of stacked teams, which seems like the way to go. Always put your best product on display and save the pro-am shit for charity.
    Yeah the guy who runs this thing (Keemstar) is like the Perez Hilton Of Twitch. He’s all about the drama and story more than the actual gameplay from what I’ve gathered. The fact that Logan Paul is in this tournament tells you all you need to know. Kraftyy, who’s in the tourney this week with Doc, was left out last week because he didn’t have enough “clout” according to Keemstar. Kraftyy is a top 25 Fortnite player and is well respected in the gaming community. You’re going to tell me he doesn’t deserve a spot in this tournament and Logan Paul does? Just laughable but that goes back to the point that Keemstar is running this thing and not an actual gamer who’s not interested in making this a popularity contest.
    I refunded my Solo ticket, moved it to tomorrow night to watch this tournament. Let's go!

Cheering for... Ninja team, Lupo team, One Shot Gurl team.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Haha awesome @JaimieT .  Richard is really playing well tonight.  I don't see anyone being able to challenge them in the finals 
    JaimieT
This discussion has been closed.