US Politics Vol. 6: A Song of Fire and Fury - The Winds of Midterms

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    kingbee67 said:
    After listening to Howard Stern. I guess Kavanaugh committed purjury. I guess telling them that those things like Devil’s Triangle was something else was lying. I didn’t know boofing or whatever was taking alcohol in the ass. Just an interesting point. 
    Don't ever chug it in the butt, dude.  That shit will kill you.  I saw it on 1000 Ways to Die, #385 Sh*t Faced.  This really happened south of Houston in Brazoria county, but this drunk couldn't drink temporarily after a throat operation, and so he had his wife help him boof sherry with an enema bag and his blood alcohol level shot up way past lethal.  When it goes in thru the butthole it goes directly into the bloodstream, super potent-like.  
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited October 2018
    cdrive said: ml
    kingbee67 said:
    After listening to Howard Stern. I guess Kavanaugh committed purjury. I guess telling them that those things like Devil’s Triangle was something else was lying. I didn’t know boofing or whatever was taking alcohol in the ass. Just an interesting point. 
    Don't ever chug it in the butt, dude.  That shit will kill you.  I saw it on 1000 Ways to Die, #385 Sh*t Faced.  This really happened south of Houston in Brazoria county, but this drunk couldn't drink temporarily after a throat operation, and so he had his wife help him boof sherry with an enema bag and his blood alcohol level shot up way past lethal.  When it goes in thru the butthole it goes directly into the bloodstream, super potent-like.  
    So, which bald move rule is "Don't boof. Ever"?
    DeecdriveJoshTheBlack
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I could’ve went through life not ever knowing what a boof was. 
    Dee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Flukes said:
    kingbee67 said:
    I dunno but Bald Move friends don't let Bald Move friends boof.  At. All. Not even one tiny butt sip.  It is MUY peligroso!
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Top teen movies during Kavanaughs high school years. Things kinda toned down but the teen sex movie craze was right in his prime adolescent years.

Porkys 
    The Sure Thing
    Class
    Riskey Business 
    Going All TheWay
    The Last American Virgin
    Fast Times At Ridgemont High
    Give Me An F
    Going All The Way
    Spring Break
    Joysticks
    Snowballing

tom_g
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Flukes said:
    kingbee67 said:
    ALL OF THEM
    Flukes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Maybe she didn't tell him because he was so disengaged from their relationship that he can't remember which year it became long distance... lol
    It must be a quality news source if there’s a poll question at the end of it. 

This flying thing is so stupid. I’ve flown a bunch of times for holidays, or when I had to travel interstate with my daughter to take her to her dad’s for holidays when she was little, but I still hate it and I’m afraid of it, so I always wangle my way out of any offers or requests to fly for work reasons. I would have asked first if they could come to me too. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    What a classy leader this guy continually proves himself to be. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/02/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-at-mississippi-rally

And what the hell is with with all these rallies? Do sitting presidents normally do that? I thought it was only when they were campaigning. 
  • Dee said:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/02/trump-mocks-christine-blasey-ford-at-mississippi-rally

And what the hell is with with all these rallies? Do sitting presidents normally do that? I thought it was only when they were campaigning. 
    He IS campaigning...for 2020 ;) I’m sure theyve happened in the past, Presidents usually say these types of things at these rallies. Of course I’m sure “someone” could dig deep enough to find something. 
    Dee
  • KingKobra said:
    Dee said:

He IS campaigning...for 2020 ;) I’m sure theyve happened in the past, Presidents usually say these types of things at these rallies. Of course I’m sure “someone” could dig deep enough to find something. 
    Presidents often campaign for their party’s candidates in the midterms. Trump has never actually stopped campaigning though and the nature and content of his rallies are... unprecedented.
    DeeJaimieTKingKobraTravis
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    edited October 2018
    She may have given a friend some advice about taking a pre-employment polygraph >20 years ago and therefore a statement she made to the Senate Judiciary Committee under oath may not have been completely accurate.

I can understand the possible episode having been forgotten since it didn’t involve any kind of drama to fix it into memory and if this occured she should submit a correction to her testimony to the committee in a sworn affidavit.

I’d certainly concede that if we have any reasonable doubt about this being an innocent mistake, we should not elevate Dr. Ford to the United States Supreme Court.

#RenateAlumnus #FFFF #DevilsTriangle #HaveYouBoofedYet #100KegsOrBust #RalphClub
    FlukesCretanBullTravis
  • Can we just outsource confirming  Supreme Court Justices to Canada? It’s no more crazy than our current shitshow of a process and Im not just talking about Kavanaugh. 
    Travis
  • adobo1148 said:
    Can we just outsource confirming  Supreme Court Justices to Canada? It’s no more crazy than our current shitshow of a process and Im not just talking about Kavanaugh. 
    I vote yes to oursourcing, and no on Kavanaugh.
    FlukesTravis
    edited October 2018

adobo1148 said:
    Can we just outsource confirming  Supreme Court Justices to Canada? It’s no more crazy than our current shitshow of a process and Im not just talking about Kavanaugh. 
    I vote yes to oursourcing, and no on Kavanaugh.
    It's unanimous!

We've also posthumously appointed Gord Downey Head Justice.
    CretanBull
  • I watch FiveThirtyEight’s election and presidential approval models, and this Kavanaugh issue does appear to be firing up the GOP base in a way that could help them in the election.

I worry that the white male backlash against #MeToo could save the GOP here, but we have a month to go and that’s a long time in an election.
  • The blue wave achieves greater results if Kavanaugh is confirmed.
    If mocking a sexual assault victim fires up Trump's base, so be it. The issue can't be forced back into the darkness to try to keep disgusting people away from the polls.
    MattyWeavesTravisJaimieT
  • tom_g said:
    The blue wave achieves greater results if Kavanaugh is confirmed.
    I agree that “feels” correct but the trends in Nate Silver’s model concern me.

Not saying that the country should let the Kavanaugh issue go, but the left shouldn’t get complacent thinking this thing is obviously in the bag at least in regards to the House.

Vote, encourage friends and young people to vote, encourage women to speak their minds on this crap by voting.
    FlukesTravis
  • Flukes said:
    If mocking a sexual assault victim fires up Trump's base, so be it. The issue can't be forced back into the darkness to try to keep disgusting people away from the polls.

I agree - just stating the unfortunate political conventional wisdom. 
    edited October 2018
    tom_g said:
    Flukes said:

I agree - just stating the unfortunate political conventional wisdom. 
    Yeah. I just wanted to throw in a dig at Trumpers.
  • I had a game night last night with 4 of my more conservative minded friends. None of them watched the Kavanaugh hearings. 

Friend A was fired up because he is certain that this is a conspiracy set forth by the democrats to sully a good mans name and seems to believe there are publicly available emails that prove it, but could not show me the emails. 

Friend B thinks that physical assault (he insisted it wasn’t a sexual assault) by someone at age 16 shouldn’t disqualify him from the Supreme Court. 

Friend C said all we can do is have the FBI interview the people at the alleged party and that since none of them can confirm Dr Fords allegations the vote should go forth. 

Friend D was present throughout the last hour of Dr Fords testimony while I watched it and became very agitated at everything she said. He does not believe anything she said is true. He refused to watch any of Kavanaughs testimony because it would make him too angry. I was able to get him to at least say a different candidate should be put forward, but his reasoning was based on expediency rather than eligibility. 

I dont even even understand how they can think the whole thing is ridiculous without watching at least the highlights of the hearings. 
    FlukesJaimieTCretanBullTravisLordBy
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited October 2018
    Are your friends white and/or male? Because that would actually explain a lot. 
    CretanBullDee
  • Our lovely retiring senior Senator released a letter from an old boyfriend criticizing the sexual history of the third accuser, Ms. Swetnick, because apparently if you told someone that you enjoy having sex with more than one partner (*cough* Devil’s Triangle *cough*) you obviously cannot ever be a victim of sexual assault.

I looked at the comments on the story on a local news outlet’s website and they were pretty appalling. I know the internet is the internet, but the volume of comments piling on the slut-shaming vs the comments observing that this has nothing to do with her allegations was like 10 to 1. Utah is very conservative, but less Trumpy than most conservative states so I was surprised.

In other news: Avenatti has now gone public with a fourth accuser. Publically anonymous, but willing to go on the record to the FBI regarding behavior at “Beach Week” and 20-odd other parties.
  • Notice, not from Grassley's twitter account, from the Government's Senate Judiciary account. Glad to see that we're still trying to pretend that the overall government is non-partisan. (shrug)

• I mean if the previous background checks didn’t even catch his being interviewed by police related to a bar fight, then maybe these checks aren’t as thorough as has been implied?

Whether that alone could be construed as even a whiff of a possible sign of potential past alcohol misuse is a matter of opinion, but saying that is a such a whiff would not be objectively false.
    Travis
This discussion has been closed.