NFL 2018/19 Chat Thread

Comments

• edited December 2019
    Duplicate post 

• If only points were given for clapping...

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited December 2019
    Hatorian said:
    asmallcat said:
    Everyone has up and down weeks. There are 0 teams who would take Trubisky over Prescott. He's not a good NFL QB. 
    nbold statement. their career averages are almost identical. but Dak was a full time college starter. Tru played 13 games before entering th eleauge 

Per Game

• Glossary

PassingRushing
    RkPlayerFromToCmpAttYdsTDIntSkYdsAttYdsTD
    1Dak Prescott2016201921.232.0244.41.50.62.213.43.819.40.4
    2Mitchell Trubisky2017201919.330.4205.71.20.72.213.33.620.20.

not to mention that the Bears don't have the luxury to play in the NFC East. and btw - how'd Dak do when Zeke was suspended last year?
    awookiee
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
     :| :| :|  
  • Hatorian said:
    asmallcat said:
    Everyone has up and down weeks. There are 0 teams who would take Trubisky over Prescott. He's not a good NFL QB. 
    nbold statement. their career averages are almost identical. but Dak was a full time college starter. Tru played 13 games before entering th eleauge 

Per Game

• Glossary
    PassingRushing
    RkPlayerFromToCmpAttYdsTDIntSkYdsAttYdsTD
    1Dak Prescott2016201921.232.0244.41.50.62.213.43.819.40.4
    2Mitchell Trubisky2017201919.330.4205.71.20.72.213.33.620.20.
    Mitch has been in the league for 3 years now. His lack of college experience isn't an excuse anymore. 

Plus, let's see how he's been doing this year, when he should be improving.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing.htm 

Oh dear. 32nd in YPA (better than rudolph I guess?). 33rd in AY/A. 23rd in QBR. Not to mention his 4 best games are against the Lions x2 (as a lion's fan - lol we're fucking AWFUL on defense), the Washington team, and this game. Not exactly barn burner defenses (Lions are 25, Washington is 21, and the cowboys are 16). 

Meanwhile, Dak is 5th in YPA, 8th in AY/A, and 3rd in QBR.

Now, I do think Dak is overpaid (although he may not be in a couple years with the insane increases in QB contracts - Stafford's was insane a few years ago and now it's average), and I think he's an average QB helped a lot by the talent around him. But Trubisky has been truly bad this year and has regressed horribly. He's not a guy that's gonna go out and win a team an important game, and he's gonna lose teams a ton of games. 

Maybe he can get back on the right track and be an average NFL QB. But he'll never be a good NFL QB, and he's definitely not one now. 
    Chinaski
  • Do any of the Bears fans who defend Trubisky actually want to see him at QB next year or is this some kind of coping mechanism?
  • If I was a Bears fan I would be in a constant state of inebriation with the thought of taking MVP Mitch over Mahomes. 
  • As a Lion's fan I'd take Trubisky over *checks notes* David Blough, our current starting QB after multiple injuries. 
  • I seriously think the NFC east champ is going to be 8-8 at best.  Philly is 5-7 with their 4 games being home for NYG, at WAS, home for DAL, at NYG.  In theory, Philly should win 3 out of these games.  Only if they run the table do they get to 9 wins.  While Dallas has left, home for LAR, at PHI, and home for WAS.  Dallas is 6-7, so they'd need to run the slate to get to 9 wins and I think they lose to LAR next week.  Fortunately for Dallas, all they need to do is beat Philly and Washington and they win the NFC East.

Also, kind of funny with Eli starting for the Giants for probably the remainder of the year.  I think for the organization, it's almost lose-lose here.  If Eli strings a few wins together, the Giants possibly go from having the #2 pick in the draft to higher up and maybe they are like #6 or higher up.  However, if Eli loses these games as a starter, then his career winning percentage drops below 500 and then makes his Hall of Fame resume look a little weaker.

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX

I seriously think the NFC east champ is going to be 8-8 at best.  Philly is 5-7 with their 4 games being home for NYG, at WAS, home for DAL, at NYG.  In theory, Philly should win 3 out of these games.  Only if they run the table do they get to 9 wins.  While Dallas has left, home for LAR, at PHI, and home for WAS.  Dallas is 6-7, so they'd need to run the slate to get to 9 wins and I think they lose to LAR next week.  Fortunately for Dallas, all they need to do is beat Philly and Washington and they win the NFC East.

I was listening to the postgame show on the radio last night and they were discussing the worst record the Cowboys could have and still win the division. 6-10 is possible because they would end up with the best division record. Basically Philly would have to lose every game except the one against Dallas. Washington loses Sunday and wins out. All teams 6-10. Division records are 4-2, 2-4 and 3-3 respectively. 

Man, the unintentional comedy would be off the charts. I would 100% buy that division champ shirt. And then promptly lose by 35 to SF or Seattle.
    hey @Noel - who's on your Head Coaching wish list? also, what's your take the Urban Meyer rumors?
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    hey @Noel - who's on your Head Coaching wish list? also, what's your take the Urban Meyer rumors?
    Man, I honestly haven’t given it a ton of thought as to who I’d want here next season. I know someone like Ron Rivera seems like the safer bet, but I also think most competent coaches are going to be an upgrade.

Lincoln Riley is very popular but I doubt he leaves. The Baylor and Florida coaches seem to be floating around. The Urban Meyer talk seems to be very polarizing from the people I’ve talked to and local sports talk. I’m someone who doesn’t follow college ball that much. My university doesn’t have a team and Dallas isn’t huge on college football. Most people here follow a Big 12 team (not nearby) or TCU. The SMU hype is nice but they don’t have the talent.
    Chinaski
  • That interview with Jerry Jones saying bullshit on air, getting dropped, calling back and saying it again right away is hilarious. Really makes me miss Deadspin.
    NoelChinaski
    That interview with Jerry Jones saying bullshit on air, getting dropped, calling back and saying it again right away is hilarious. Really makes me miss Deadspin.
    haha they were playing on Bay Area sports radio this morning. had me rolling! right off the bat he was so grumpy. was in no mood cause 'he had been traveling all night'. that flight from Chicago to Dallas must be rather brutal :D

bizmarkiefaderNoel
  • I’m going down in flames with Trubisky. I haven’t once given up and don’t plan on until he’s benched waived or traded.

i know this is cherry picking stats like they do with LeBron. First player ever to win on a full moon by 21 points exactly. 

But Trubisky first QB ever to have higher than 70% completion percentage over 30 PA, 3 TDs, 50 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD. 

And every team can beat themselves up over QBs they missed. Brady was passed 6 times. Lamar the entire first round. 
    Chinaski
  • It’s funny that as soon as the bears stabilised their line he’s looked a lot better. Still some bad passes but Dak and his supposed best offensive line in the league got destroyed by the Bears back ups. The bears front 7 is missing half its players. 
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    It’s funny that as soon as the bears stabilised their line he’s looked a lot better.
    moving Whitehair back to center and Daniels to guard has made such a big difference. weakest link on that line is Leno. that dude drives me nuts with his penalties and misses assignments :#

Hatorian said:
    Still some bad passes but Dak and his supposed best offensive line in the league got destroyed by the Bears back ups. The bears front 7 is missing half its players. 
    not to mention they didn't have their starting CB (Amukamara). losing Smith for the year really hurts. esp since they already lost Trevathan. so there goes their 2 starting ILB. hope Hicks can come back soon to help the DLine.

Hatorian

• Hatorian said:
    I’m going down in flames with Trubisky. I haven’t once given up and don’t plan on until he’s benched waived or traded.

Dalton is right there man, you don't need to do this to yourself.

• Hatorian said:
    I’m going down in flames with Trubisky. I haven’t once given up and don’t plan on until he’s benched waived or traded.

Dalton is right there man, you don't need to do this to yourself.
    Red Rocket IN THE HOUSE!

But seriously, I think the Bears would be like 9-3 if the bengals had been willing to trade Dalton and the Bears had jumped on it. 
    Chinaski
  • Dalton would be on IR if he was traded to the Bears. Trubisky’s elusiveness was critical when the bears line was garbage. Dalton as a statue would have been destroyed. 
    haha yikes! no thanks :D

Bears have already won as many games in the last 2 years than they did the 4 years before that combined. i'm more than ok with what they currently have.
  • Not to mention he was benched for a 4th round pick that has almost no potential to be seen as a future starter. Guess they could be tanking but if Dalton can’t start on the Bengals why do you guys think he starts on the Bears?
  • Is there a way Washington or NY can win the Hot Potato Division? I don't want it, you take it.

Has a sub, sub, sub .500 team ever hosted a playoff game? 
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    @CapeGabe Washington can still win the division but they’re in Lambeau this weekend so probably won’t happen. 

The Beast Mode run happened with the the 7-9 Seahawks, and then Panthers back in 2014 were 7-8-1 I think. No other recent teams come to mind.
    CapeGabeChinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    It’s nice to enjoy another Sunday of football without the Cowboys getting me into a bad mood 

:D  :|

But seriously, what a fun slate of early games. The Niners-Saints game was awesome. Bills-Ravens was fun late. Lots of excitement all around.
    CapeGabe
  • This Patriots offence is cooked, especially the O line. What a heap of garbage. They are one & done in the playoffs. 

Disclaimer: Every time I have said they're one & done they have won the Superbowl. I think this is finally the year I am unfortunately correct. 
  • A billion dollar business whose outcomes are decided by part time hacks. In a year with some of the worse officiating has been running rampant around the league Jerome Boger's crew really takes the cake. That whole crew should be fired on the spot and never ref anything outside Peewee again.

There is a list of about 10 calls they seriously messed up. How does a player get dragged off the field, thrown at the bench and jumped on and no ref sees it? If it sucks this bad watching at home imagine how it must suck playing those prices for the privilege of watching WWE in pads.
  • *********on all Patriot Super Bowls... haha