General Tomfoolery

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 2020
    I expect nothing less than a 5 star thread for Five-Star General Tomfoolery.
    MurderbearHatorian
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    In-N-Out’s burgers are perfect (no onions) and their fries are terrible. Give me pretty much any other fast food place’s fries over theirs. 
    ChinaskiFreddy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i just like the simplicity of their menu and the freshness of their burgers. i don't feel all gross after eating there like other burger joints (Five Guys on line 1). i can see why people hate their fries though. they're kinda just whatever for me.
    Noel
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Freddy said:
    I served under General Tomfoolery. Good man.
    FreddyHatorianNoelgguenot
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    Humboldt loves their In-'n-Out, especially on opening day.  I drove by after work and that line to get into the drive thru is no joke.  It stretched for blocks and wraps around the back side of the strip mall, then makes its way into the drive thru.  

https://www.facebook.com/nazyjavid/videos/3224169790983944/
    dang, lucky! i wish we had an In n Out in Santa Cruz. doesn't make any sense :(
    Right??? Of all places!  Ocean St. or down by the Boardwalk would be the perfect spot!
    ChinaskiNoel
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Freddy said:
    I cut my teeth in Major Jackassery's battalion. Speaking of major jackassery. Get a load of this garbage list from Food Insider:
    No fucking rules. They'll call anything a damn sandwich.

ChinaskiMurderbearNoelMichelle
    Freddy said:

Speaking of major jackassery. Get a load of this garbage list from Food Insider:

haha i've seen that list. hella dumb.
    MurderbearNoelMichelle
    Yeah, as a Kentuckian, I think the popularity of the Hot Brown is way, way overblown. Also, are there any more less appetizing sounding names than the fuckin Hot Brown? Jesus
    ChinaskiNoelFreddy
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

Freddy said:
    Freddy said:
    I cut my teeth in Major Jackassery's battalion. Speaking of major jackassery. Get a load of this garbage list from Food Insider:

Sandwich or not most of that looks good as hell
    Murderbear
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    i just like the simplicity of their menu and the freshness of their burgers. i don't feel all gross after eating there like other burger joints (Five Guys on line 1). i can see why people hate their fries though. they're kinda just whatever for me.
    Not to mention the price. I don’t think I’ve ever gone to Five Guys and spent less than $10-12. It’s been a while since I’ve been (don’t eat a lot of red meat these days) but I remember it being a lot more than your usual fast food burger joint.
    Chinaski
    Mt. Rushmore of fast food fries?

for me.. McDonalds, Arby's, Chic-fil-A, Carl's Jr CrissCut Fries

*yeah i'm a sucker for waffle cut fries.
    MurderbearNoelMichelle
    Chinaski said:

McDonald's
    Penn Station (local-ish sub chain, think 5 Guys but better)
    Rally's
    Cane's
    ChinaskiNoel
    Rally's
    Cane's
    oh yeah, big shout out to Rally's/Checkers fries. never had Raising Cane's but really wanna try whenever i'm traveling and around one. heard that Cane sauce is no joke!
    NoelMurderbear
  • Rallys and Arbys curly fries are easily my 2 favorite fast food fries. I guess I'm a sucker for spiced fries.

I would say Burger King is up there too but I haven't been to one in maybe a decade so I can't remember what they taste like. Are they more less salty than McDonald nowadays? Salty fries are the best fries.
    NoelChinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:

We have the same first three. But give me Shake Shack fries for my fourth. Is that controversial? I’m such a sucker for them.

Also @Jim I’m pretty sure they are less salty than Mickey D’s. I went to Burger King a few weeks ago but I haven’t been to McDonald’s in a very long time.
    Chinaski
    Noel said:

But give me Shake Shack fries for my fourth. Is that controversial? I’m such a sucker for them.
    not controversial at all. i've eaten there once but i don't remember their fries, i do however remember the burger, and it was a mighty fine burger.
    Noel
    Chinaski said:

Does Carl's Jr. sill make their fried zucchini?  'Cause that with some ranch is *chef's kiss* :kissing_heart:
    ChinaskiDoubleA_RonNoel
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

Does Carl's Jr. sill make their fried zucchini?  'Cause that with some ranch is *chef's kiss* :kissing_heart:
    pretty sure they still have em :)
    Michelle
  • @Chinaski Where are the waffle fries? I love those.
    Ranch and bbq as dips - at the same time.  Delicious, or delicious?
    Murderbear
    BBQ is not a dip
    BBQ is not a dip
    WHAT????? I will fight you on this. :sweat_smile:
    ChinaskiMurderbear
    edited July 2020
    These kinds of threads always remind me of when I worked at KFC when they introduced the "famous bowl", this is the bowl that's mashed potatoes, corn, popcorn chicken, cheese, and either gravy or barbecue sauce all mashed together into this kind of pig slop substance. When they told us what this thing was, we were all like well this looks disgusting and nobody will ever buy this, especially the barbecue sauce version. People went NUTS for this shit, they would come in and order them 5-10 at a time. People would come in and get one of each just for themselves. It ended up being the fastest selling menu item of all time at least during the two year stretch I worked there. I feel like they missed an opportunity to introduce an actual trough filled with it you could tie your kids to at parties but they didn't listen to my marketing ideas.
    MichelleChinaskicdriveNoel
    Jim said:
    @Chinaski Where are the waffle fries? I love those.
    Chic-fil-A & Carl's Jr CrissCut Fries (which is prob Hardees for you and in that case doesn't have em :( )
    Chinaski said:
    Rally's
    Cane's
    oh yeah, big shout out to Rally's/Checkers fries. never had Raising Cane's but really wanna try whenever i'm traveling and around one. heard that Cane sauce is no joke!

Raising Cane's is pretty legit. They have like four menu items but they are done well. Tenders are great. Cole Slaw is decent. Texas Toast is bang on and yeah, their Cane Sauce is delicious!
    ChinaskiNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 2020
    Let me get in on this Best Fries thing....

#1 McDonald's - the king. forever....

#2 I gotta go with Fuddruckers (aka Buttfuckers in Idiocracy).  I just love those big wedges and the free hot cheese.

#3 Chik-Fil-A waffle style.  

#4 Smashburger's Smash Fries - thin and tossed in olive oil, rosemary, and garlic....so good

#5 Wingstop's Cajun seasoned fries.

Honorable mentions: Wendy's (although I liked the old style more than the new natural cut...better for frosty dippin'), Red Robin's steak fries, and for crinkle cut I'd take Raising Cane's over Shake Shack.

NoelChinaski
    @cdrive looking like he's team thick fries (steak/wedges)

hey @Noel - just saw a chicken spot on food network (DDD) in Dallas that looked super good. place called Whistle Britches. have you been or heard of that place? i want one of everything on their menu!

Noel
    edited July 2020
    Omgosh... ok I know I posted in the other thread about how awful this week has been (most know why) but I Facetimed my youngest niece today (13) and she had "Cars With The Boom" turned up loud.  I was like, how do you know about that song???? She apparently loves it. :sweat_smile:  I'll make 80s girls of them at some point!

Chinaskibizmarkiefader
    Michelle said:
    Omgosh... ok I know I posted in the other thread about how awful this week has been (most know why) but I Facetimed my youngest niece today (13) and she had "Cars With The Boom" turned up loud.  I was like, how do you know about that song???? She apparently loves it. :sweat_smile:  I'll make 80s girls of them at some point!

This song is great, it looks like it's become a Tik Tok thing so that would be my guess how she found out about it
    ChinaskiMichelle
    bizmarkiefader said:“
    This song is great, it looks like it's become a Tik Tok thing so that would be my guess how she found out about it
    That’s exactly where she heard it! :)