606 - "Always Accountable"

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Director: Jeffrey F. January
Writer: Heather Bellson

Comments

• fullroundactionfullroundaction Myrtle Beach, SC
    edited November 2015
    Did you guys know that Daryl was a badass with a heart of gold and Sasha was crazy but isn't crazy anymore and Abraham has unresolved issues that prevent him from connecting with others and settling down?

If we're going to get 3 or 4 episodes of character  development in a row it would be nice if there was actual development.

Edit: Okay so the writers are just going to do it with exposition that sounds like it was written for Eugene. Why show when you can tell -TWD staff
    brewseveltsteph_bDemicNikkiPhypergenesbAmbitiousBukkySpookycat4
  • Whoa whoa whoa. Let's just wait until after Badlands to see what Talking Dead says what we should think.
    fullroundactionsteph_b[Deleted User]John_NadaA_Ron_HubbardAmbitiousBukky
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    So the diabetic girl got scared and apparently lost control of her entire body and fell just perfectly in biting range of her dead zombie friends--this was epic, Andrea-level of stupidity--definitely idiot survivor of the week.
    tristanmichelealycemanhattnikJohn_NadaAmbitiousBukky
  • So you're telling me that some random guy, surviving as long as all our heroes, walks by a zombie stuck in a wreck and gets bitten by it? Really? And walks off a severed arm afterwards? Not unconcious, nothing? What a joke...
    tristanmanhattnik
  • Clearly Abraham is dead, random RPG's and cigars and a Sasha/zombie cuckold?
    NikkiPElisaJohn_Nada
  • What's dungeons and dragons got to do with this?
    NikkiP
  • tristantristan Liverpool
    edited November 2015
    I feel like shoddy bale-a-like was stuck between playing good guy Lee and bad guy Lee.

What happened to the herd as well.
  • I only watched the second half hour and it seems I didn't miss anything.

@fullroundaction, I also thought they had Abe talking like Eugene.

@sosparadise, all I could think about in that scene was the fact that you probably need to immediately cauterize that amputation. They don't do enough cauterizing on the show. Maybe Dr. Denise will change that.
    Original_JosephfullroundactionAmbitiousBukky
  • About the amputation I may be wrong but it didn't even look like they chopped the arm high enough. It also reminded me of the black knight in monty Python.
    fullroundactionpavlovsbellHoldenGambles
  • Abe definitely sounded like Eugene - the actual dialogue itself as well as the pacing of the way Cudlitz performed it.
  • One good thing about the Glenn foolishness is it meant Daryl couldn't die this episode, so I had no worries.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Reminder to please keep comic spoilers (and yes - that includes casting news about comic characters!) out of the main threads. If you want to talk comic spoilers, there are several clearly marked, or feel free to start a new discussion.
    HollyoakAmbitiousBukky
  • Can't wait for an rpg to blow the shit out of that fuel truck!
    steph_bmanhattnikAmbitiousBukky
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    I feel like it is telling that we didn't see Wayne's face. Either he is someone we know from the past on the show or he is a comic character that they are not ready to reveal yet.

I also am confused on the back story of these new characters.

I think that the fuel depot was the original place they held up. They guy mentioned that in the beginning they tried to fight the walkers. Then shit broke bad and they had to light the forest on fire to escape.

They then fell in with Waynes group and then eventually left there with the insulin. I almost wonder if we have another slab town like senario where you had to earn the medicine keeping you alive. That's why the insisted they earned what they took.

What was the name of the guy Dianna had to exile? I know it was mentioned in passing and hasn't been mentioned since but I wonder if it will some how tie into this new group they introduced.
  • I think we should stop with all the zombie killings for a while and have more character 
    development

An Abraham/Rosita/Sasha threesome with Eugene watching on would be a good 
    character development scene me thinks.

So......was that Glenns voice at the end ?

RaiyneElisaOriginal_Joseph
  • Did anyone else catch the "help" from the walkie at the very end???
    steph_bmelvismmmlemoncakes
  • I think "help" was Glen
    RaiyneElisahypergenesbmmmlemoncakesS. Smith
  • oops posting too quick!  @tabs64 clearly caught it too.
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA
    The person saying "help" wasn't Glenn. I didn't think it sounded like him, but Norman Reedus confirmed. It's probably Spencer stuck in a tree or something equally as uninteresting. 

Can't remember whether I said it here before, but I still think Glenn is somehow gonna get help from Enid. 
    steph_bAshleyOcean
  • I would love for Glen to be helped by Enid - if only to stick it to the Enid = Wolves theory
  • Why is leaving walkers alive a sign of character development? If you can kill one with zero risk, why not do it?

I'm calling bullshit on the existence of insulin at this point.

I did like saying Darryl get some screen time, though. I also kind of like the Slabtown 2.0 guys, too. Can we call them "the asses?"
    AshleyOceanA_Ron_HubbardAmbitiousBukky
  • HeffHeff Connecticut
    I thought it was a nice twist that the truck Daryl found was the "Patty" they were looking for at the oil place - the license plate said Patty-21 or something like that. I wonder if this will just turn out to be a mode of transportation, or have some deeper relevance.
    steph_bOriginal_Josephfullroundactionmanhattnik
  • If Glen's walkie was in his bag that got jacked by that couple then it could be them baiting the two friends he knows most likely have the other walkie. 

Also, the diabetic girl had to die so the couple could jack his bike. No room for three people on a motorcycle.
    manhattnik
  • The help is likely to have come from the two with Daryls bike and crossbow. Could even be a trap by the people that were after them if they are now in possession of those items.
  • It couldn't be Enid, right? It wouldn't make much sense, but the thought crossed my mind and as we all know TWD doesn't always make perfect sense.

• ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    Why would a US Army soldier carry a Russian RPG with extra 'nades in a fancy flight case? Make any sense to anyone?
    manhattnikElisa
  • John_NadaJohn_Nada California
    edited November 2015
    This episode irritated me mostly.  The part that irritated me the MOST was the plastic wrap zombies.  I mean WTH?????  That was just stupid and I would add insulting almost.  @steph_b pretty much hit the nail on the head but that death was just B.S.  You would think at this point in the ZA most of the dumb asses would have been weeded out. 

The stuff with Sasha and Abraham irritated me as well with all the half speaking babble.  Each of them proving they know crazy and talking circles around hooking up but again WTH???  That conversation was all over the damn place and disjointed.

The guys on the instant cast where commenting on the viewpoint of the assailants in the woods.  I wounder if we got our intro to the Saviors?  The way life with the group was conveyed to Daryl kind of sounds like them but maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part?

On a bright note Into the Badlands was pretty good!   
    Elisasteph_b
  • John_Nada said:

This episode irritated me mostly.  The part that irritated me the MOST was the plastic wrap zombies.  I mean WTH?????  That was just stupid and I would add insulting almost.

Agreed. At first I was thinking "Cool, shrink-wrapped zombies",  And then it was just dumb a few seconds later.

I think the biggest mistake was the foley artist using 'glass break' sound. Should have been 'brittle plastic crunch' sound if anything. Really took the viewer out of the moment.

John_NadaAmbitiousBukky
  • redlancer said:

John_Nada said:

This episode irritated me mostly.  The part that irritated me the MOST was the plastic wrap zombies.  I mean WTH?????  That was just stupid and I would add insulting almost.

Agreed. At first I was thinking "Cool, shrink-wrapped zombies",  And then it was just dumb a few seconds later.

I think the biggest mistake was the foley artist using 'glass break' sound. Should have been 'brittle plastic crunch' sound if anything. Really took the viewer out of the moment.

The moment I saw the flowers in her hand I knew that chick was dead and Daryl was just standing there without an "I don't think this is such a good idea???
    manhattnik
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited November 2015
    Goodness, I mock the show's irritatingly pointless, redundant dialogue ("Rick said what he said;" "It is what it is;" "Here's not here"), but does the show influence or reflect how the actors speak?  An example from the EW interview with Norman Reedus:  "You see what you see and that’s the point. If it hurts, it hurts. And if it’s shocking, it’s shocking."  Do people really talk like that?  I guess so.

Yes, the dialogue is dreadful, but these actors can pull it off better than the Alexandrian redshirts.  Or at least, I'm more interested in them.  This episode had much of the usual TWD silliness, but I found it more intriguing than the last couple of episodes.  Which may damning it with faint praise because I haven't cared for this season in general.

manhattnikJohn_NadaElisahypergenesbsteph_bOriginal_Joseph
This discussion has been closed.