What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    evacuated yesterday :( , but safe. thanks for your concern.
    DeeNoelFreddy
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Oh no, @Chinaski:'(  That suuuuuuucks.  Stay strong brother.  
    Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    I unfortunately suspected it, seeing the current state of conditions there.  I'm so sorry. :cry:
    Big hugs.
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Stay safe, @chinaski, thinking of you mate. <3
    ChinaskiFreddy
  • Man. Hope you’re alright man.

on another note why is the world so damn angry? I mean I commented on Facebook post about what player I’d like my NBA team to draft and half the comments were like “you’re a retard, what an idiot, etc” 

like seriously I feel so sorry for people that have that much anger inside them they can’t simply respond in a civilised manner and say something like “I disagree with that, here’s why..”
    ChinaskiFreddy
    @Chinaski how are you? What’s going on? 
    doing alright and it's going. still evacuated and cooped up in a hotel with my fam. fire is at 13% contained, which is better than 0% when we left on Thursday. staying positive, optimistic and hanging in there.
    cdriveFreddyNoelDeeMichelleTeresa from ConcordHatorian
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Chinaski said:
    doing alright and it's going. still evacuated and cooped up in a hotel with my fam. fire is at 13% contained, which is better than 0% when we left on Thursday. staying positive, optimistic and hanging in there.
    Take that, Toby! There are not too many wild fires to contain!
    Chinaski said:
    Have you been able to get a status check on your home yet?  I mean, it might still be too early but still...
    Sending you all lots of Northern Cali love!
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Have you been able to get a status check on your home yet?  I mean, it might still be too early but still...
    Sending you all lots of Northern Cali love!
    no status at the moment which really sucks. just kinda playing the waiting game at this point.

you know what one of the saddest and sickening things has been about this whole thing? the terrible human beings that are getting caught and arrested for looting evacuated homes. there was also another poor firefighter that got his car broken into (while he was in the middle of chaos after many many hours), belongings stolen, and bank account drained.
    Michelle
  • I’m done arguing with Non mask wearers. Apparently they are so convinced that because they haven’t caught it yet without wearing a mask it’s a a big scam. 

I’m also ignorant because when I tried to state facts from 5 different new sources that masks are effective I was told “I was the sheep and needed to stop blindly following the media” yet when I asked for proof that masks don’t work The argument was conveniently changed. 

These are the voters who are shaping our future too. We’re so fucked
    DeeNoelMichelleChinaski
  • Sorry if that’s political but it’s really grinding my gears
    Hurricane Laura trending westward is seriously grinding my gears today.  Woke up this morning and the center of the cone drifted from Lake Charles area to Beaumont area....and it just keeps drifiting.  This thing is headed straight for us, I can just feel it.  Got a buddy in Beaumont and her family is under mandatory evacuation.  The whole Galveston island has the same.  This is going to be a Cat 4 I feel....    

NoelChinaskiMichelleFreddy
    @cdrive I was actually thinking of you and our other Bald Move friends down there a moment ago as I was watching the news and they were showing the long line of cars evacuating.  Be safe!  :heart:
    ChinaskicdriveNoel
  • My buddy was supposed to move to Galveston in the next couple weeks. Have to check in on him and see if that’s still on and what his plans are...

praying/thinking for all those impacte
    cdrive
    edited August 2020
    When you want to take a Friday off here or there to make up for not being able to vacay this year, but one of the only other keyholders is taking almost every Friday off.  I know there are bigger problems right now, but *sigh*. :neutral:
    cdrive
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Well that’s not fair! Shouldn’t they have to share days off with you - why do they get first choice? 

Office politics will be the death of society, probably. 
    Michelle said:
    @cdrive I was actually thinking of you and our other Bald Move friends down there a moment ago as I was watching the news and they were showing the long line of cars evacuating.  Be safe!  :heart:
    Thanks, Michelle.  Mixed emotions right now. Mixed emotions because Cali is burning and @Chinaski is in a fricken hotel with family evacuated and I’m sucking attention this way. And a sick to my stomach feeling cause I call everyone along the Gulf Coast my Gulf Coast brothers (and sisters) basically since Katrina. Especially LA. Beaumont will be wrecked harder than Rita.  I feel like Port Arthur is going to be gone tomorrow morning. And Lake Charles. And many small little communities of just poor, blue collar folks.  A whole lot of Cajun Navy in that area who always come to our aid. And the Survivor Guilt feeling as I hope to hell this thing turns (into them) like the trajectory says and doesn’t mow through Houston.  It’s 150 sustained right now and it just keeps growing stronger.  I’m reminded of the horrific scene I saw last year with the Hurricane Michael devastation as I drove my family from Panama City Beach to Disney World like a privileged dill hole.

ChinaskiNoel
    @cdrive - ah man, no attention being sucked away at all. vent away my dude. hope you and your loved ones are safe.

as far as i go.. we are still evacuated from our home. fire containment up to 21%, but fire grew to 81K acres. on a good note we are out of a hotel and came up to my sisters cabin in Tahoe which is waaaaaay better!

in the words of Daniel Larusso, 'I just wanna go home!'.
    NoelcdriveMichelleDee
    edited August 2020
    @cdrive & @Noel my heart is with you all down there.  I'm looking at footage of the aftermath in Lake Charles and it's devastating.  I didn't see which path it took but seems like it avoided heading toward Houston?  

I completely understand why you'd feel those mixed emotions, but I hope you also know that you have friends here.  We are all here for one another, no matter what it is we are feeling or going through.  @Chinaski this is meant for you, too.  I'm glad that you and your family are safe in beautiful Lake Tahoe, but my heart breaks thinking of how you must be feeling, the uncertainty of not knowing what you'll be returning to.  

Moments like these are sad reminders that the most important thing is that we and our loved ones are safe.

I know we don't all know each other "irl" but I :heart: you guys.  Sending so much love to you.
    ChinaskicdriveNoel
    Aww thanks, @Michelle.  Hey I'm real. I'm pretty sure you're real.  We livin'!  We livin' that BM life!  Right back to all of you with the  <3
    FreddyChinaskiNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Thanks for the concern @Michelle but fortunately my part of Texas is very far from the damaged areas. All I got hit with were lots of clouds and some light storms.
    DeeMichelle
  • I've been away for a bit but man my heart goes out to all of you dealing with hardships right now. As if COVID wasn't enough, mother nature turning sour is really putting a lot of people in very shitty situations. Happy to hear it sounds like everyone is safe but it sucks you are in the situation in the 1st place. Definitely got you all in my thoughts right now. 
    MichelleChinaski
    Taco Bell is removing the Mexican Pizza from their menu.  I'm fuckin' ready to fight someone.  

#TacoBellCulture #Fuck2020
    cdrive said:
    Taco Bell is removing the Mexican Pizza from their menu.  I'm fuckin' ready to fight someone.  

i just heard. cause of the packaging?!? that's some buuuuuuuuuuuullshit!
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:

That's the BS reason?!!!! For the planet?! Oh please!  Put it in my bare fucking hands!!!
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:

That's the BS reason?!!!! For the planet?! Oh please!  Put it in my bare fucking hands!!!
    or how bout this one.. change the f'n packaging so it's environmental friendly!
    cdriveawookiee
    and i'm still not over the double decker getting the axed last year. just not right man, just not right :( .
  • I didn't read anything about it being because of the packaging.  It sounds like they're removing some of their oldest menu items in order to make way for some new ones (Chipotle Chicken Melt, for example).  It still sucks though - I love the Mexican Pizza.  At least we can still make it at home! :)
    'The company said part of the reason for removing the Mexican pizza is because it “helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.” '

:#