What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• Chinaski said:
    'The company said part of the reason for removing the Mexican pizza is because it “helps us work towards our commitment to leave a lighter footprint on our planet. Currently, Mexican Pizza packaging accounts for over 7 million pounds of paperboard material per year in the U.S.” '

:#

Oh.  Can't they wrap it in one of those paper wraps that they use for the other items?
    Bleh.
    Chinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’ve withheld my opinions of Taco Bell around these parts for fear of being banned and reported to the internet police
    ChinaskiDeeMichellecdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Taco Bell is removing the Mexican Pizza from their menu.  I'm fuckin' ready to fight someone.  

#TacoBellCulture #Fuck2020
    i just heard. cause of the packaging?!? that's some buuuuuuuuuuuullshit!
    That's the BS reason?!!!! For the planet?! Oh please!  Put it in my bare fucking hands!!!
    or how bout this one.. change the f'n packaging so it's environmental friendly!
    Okay bare fuckin' hands is more metal, but you're right - environmental friendly packaging makes more practical sense. We make biodegradable straws....we have the technology, people!!!
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Taco Bell is removing the Mexican Pizza from their menu.  I'm fuckin' ready to fight someone.  

#TacoBellCulture #Fuck2020
    i just heard. cause of the packaging?!? that's some buuuuuuuuuuuullshit!
    That's the BS reason?!!!! For the planet?! Oh please!  Put it in my bare fucking hands!!!
    or how bout this one.. change the f'n packaging so it's environmental friendly!
    Okay bare fuckin' hands is more metal, but you're right - environmental friendly packaging makes more practical sense. We make biodegradable straws....we have the technology, people!!!
    seriously! if 'f'n McDonalds can do it! c'mon TB! get it together!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Noel said:
    I’ve withheld my opinions of Taco Bell around these parts for fear of being banned and reported to the internet police
    We don’t have Taco Bell here so I have no dog in this fight. I’ll protect you, mate. 
    ChinaskiNoelMichellecdrive
    everytime i'm in Texas i always see Taco Bueno. that place any good for fast food standards?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 2020
    Chinaski said:
    everytime i'm in Texas i always see Taco Bueno. that place any good for fast food standards?
    I mean, it's right in the name, but every time they have to put it in the name, it's usually no bueno.
    For instance, Buena Vista is neither buena nor a vista.  

Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    SHOTS FIRED
    Michelle
    when you can't sleep or disconnect.. and you hate yourself in morning about it.. :#
    Michelle
  • Chinaski said:
    when you can't sleep or disconnect.. and you hate yourself in morning about it.. :#
    Not condoning or recommending sleeping pills because they are the devil...however, a 90% indica strain I will recommend...especially since it’s legal where you are. 
    NoelChinaski
  • Hatorian said:
    Chinaski said:
    Not condoning or recommending sleeping pills because they are the devil...however, a 90% indica strain I will recommend...especially since it’s legal where you are. 
    I've found Melatonin works for me on the very rare occasions I'm having trouble falling asleep, but some family members say it gives them weird dreams. 
    Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    I'm a total night owl, so I don't have much to recommend but to maybe take some OTC sleeping med about 30 min. before you want to fall asleep, and be sure to turn your phone off an hour before you want to fall asleep.  I've heard it works.  Did you wake up & couldn't go back to sleep, or were you still up (eesh) at 3:30?  (been there though)
    Chinaski
  • Work burnout mode today. :neutral:
    i need a vacay.

Mood:

Chinaskicdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 2020
    Noel said:
    Man it's okay.  There's a little bit of self-destruction and self-hatred sprinkled into Taco Bell Culture anyways.  If you want to shit on Taco Bell, it definitely wouldn't be the 1st time Taco Bell made someone shit.  ;)
    ChinaskiNoel
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    I'm a total night owl, so I don't have much to recommend but to maybe take some OTC sleeping med about 30 min. before you want to fall asleep, and be sure to turn your phone off an hour before you want to fall asleep.  I've heard it works.  Did you wake up & couldn't go back to sleep, or were you still up (eesh) at 3:30?  (been there though)
    yeah i'm a total night owl too. was just up late catching up on the some work and background watching TV. it got later than i thought before i knew it and i just couldn't shut down. of course i'm all groggy today, but thankful it's Friday headed into a 3 day weekend. 

Michelle
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    What’s grinding my gears? It’s 6 pm and it’s 102 outside. Rolling blackouts expected. I hear some parts of the country are getting snow.
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 2020
    I don’t think this counts as ‘grinding my gears’ so much as it’s just sad and scary.  I’m in a coastal town and we have fires to our north, east, and south with smoke blowing our way due to winds.  And it’s only getting worse with even more towns being evacuated.  We desperately need a heavy rainfall.

This was from my drive to work this morning at 8:30... no filter, totally unretouched.

Image may contain sky and outdoor
    Noelcdrive
  • So scary all over.  The situation in Humboldt's getting worse.  I have family friends 30 min. away who are now evacuated and others an hour away who are under warning.  My sister and her family are 30 min. south of me and about 20 min. west of one of the spots where the fire is rapidly growing (although it would have to jump a river to get to them).  I talked to my nieces, and my older niece is packing go bags just in case.  Our skies have gotten even deeper orange than they were this morning. I know all of Cali's dealing with the same thing but this is literally getting way too close to home. :cry:
    dang, hoping the best for you, your friends, and family. stay safe!  it's a truly scary experience.

the So Cal El Dorado fire that has burned over 11K acres was caused by pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party! :#
  • Those pics are very much like what Humboldt looks like right now.
    Pics from around my area:
    Image may contain sky tree cloud and outdoor
    Image may contain outdoor
    Image may contain sky outdoor and water

Noel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Ugh, I hope you’re okay. We are all nervously awaiting our summer here as it’s expected to be another scorcher. I speak to a lot of farmers in my job and there were so many who lost everything in last year’s fires and are only just starting to get back on their feet. :-(
    MichelleNoelChinaski
  • Dee said:
    @Michelle Ugh, I hope you’re okay. We are all nervously awaiting our summer here as it’s expected to be another scorcher. I speak to a lot of farmers in my job and there were so many who lost everything in last year’s fires and are only just starting to get back on their feet. :-(
    Thanks Dee :heart:
    We're all safe where I am.  Luckily I'm in a coastal town and not inland, so the only thing immediately affecting us here is the heavy smoke and terrible air quality.  I'm just anxious and scared for my family friends and hoping it comes nowhere near my sister's home. :(
    NoelDeeChinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Man, I wish I could magically send all this rain we’re getting in Dallas out to the west coast fam. These pictures are insane. Hoping for the best.
    ChinaskiMichelle
  • @Noel & @Chinaski (I forgot to say it earlier) - thank you :heart:
    ChinaskiNoel
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    We got new neighbors a week or so ago. I know they weren’t from California because Sunday they came out to there car and were in shock because it was covered in ash. I’m like welcome to California fall, Santa Anna winds and instead of the leaves turning orange the skies do. 
    MichelleNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    This is the sum total of my knowledge of the Santa Ana wInds. 

kingbee67
  • As if 2020 wasn't bad enough with everything else horrible that has happened, throwing more wildfires like this just feels like pouring salt into an already open wound.  I'm thankful that it sounds like you are safe from the fires @Michelle but I can only imagine what the smoke and poor air quality is like. Hope anybody's families that are out there are staying safe.  
    Chinaski