General Tomfoolery

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Dee said:
    Does anyone else own 100+ cookbooks and recipe books and just always Google when trying to find a recipe for something? 
    I don't own anywhere near 100+, only like 10 that I really loved/wanted.  One of those is the French Laundry cookbook.  Have I attempted a single recipe in it?  I think we all know the answer to that one. :smirk:
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I always have 73* different powders and seeds in my breakfast smoothies and they are all in different parts of the kitchen so it’s a production making one every morning. After years of this it finally occurred to me today to make up a week’s worth of containers with all the seeds and powders together so I can just throw one in each day with my frozen banana and greens. I’m a friggin genius, me. 

*May be a slight exaggeration. 
    MichelleCoryHatorianChinaski
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    What I do is basically make a recipe scrapbook, whenever I find my favorite online recipe I print it out (minus the backstory) and glue it or write family recipes on to some pretty paper and put it in an album. Best of both worlds! 
    DeeBrieanneChinaskiMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Cecily I love that idea! I don’t have a printer though. I guess I could do it dodgily at work. 
  • I'm not artsy.  I'm 99% digital.  I just bookmark the recipes I like and deal with the garbage video ads, and scroll past all the back story every time.  Recipes I make a lot, or significantly modify, I transcribe and email to myself.  (Usually substituting weights for volumes, if possible.)
  • MoonMan13MoonMan13 Northern Kentucky
    Hatorian said:
    Dee said:
    @Hatorian That’s not Australian! American TV characters always say “Let me ask you something.” 
    Might be. But it’s just annoying nonetheless. Asking a question to ask a question just doesn’t compute with me. If you get my attention then ask away...;)
    I can get on board with this for sure. But to play devil's advocate (since I know I'm guilty of this sin) the person maybe is trying to ask or should instead ask, "do you have a minute for me?" To be sure that you are ready and willing to give them some time.
    Hatorian
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I used an existing Word template to save my online recipes. I copy and paste into my recipe book. And it's searchable! I add notes after I actually make the recipe (add 1/4 tsp instead...include mushrooms...etc)

PS - I have a ton of cookbooks as well with many recipes not yet tried. 
    ChinaskiDee
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I am just completely bemused right now.

Me today “mmhmm that’s some real white lady sh*t right thurr!”  

We’re parked across Jane Long Academy in SW Houston for our 5 yr old’s Vanguard testing and we got some interesting people watching / social behavior watching going on. You heard of Karens but I’ve now coined “Katies”, like Katie Holmes or Katie Lee from The Kitchen. These are hipster cool moms just sitting in peoples front lawns, letting their kids walk all up in a strangers grass, play on a big tree with a No Trespassing sign on it. Katie, read the sign! Oh my goodness. I’m just amazed.  They’re all Katies doing this.

Ha! These people finally let their big dogs out to bark at these randos thru the gate!

• Aron mentioned a few different times during the Better Call Saul cast that he has a soft spot for local advertising.

This... even Jimmy might suggest should be pulled back a bit...

https://youtu.be/t0LSkX46dS4
  • Lol the first In-N-Out in Colorado just opened and the line was 12 HOURS LONG

https://kdvr.com/news/local/aurora-police-12-hour-wait-times-at-new-in-n-out-officers-directing-traffic/
    ChinaskiFreddyMichelle
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha i love me some In n Out but that's pretty silly. Colorado! stay off the weeeeed! :D

MrXMichelle
    Every time I come across this ad on the internet, I chuckle a little bit. So I figured I'd share in General Tomfoolery.  Good morning, Bald Movers.

Noel
    these are on their way next year! 2021 already looking bright!

18 years later Doritos 3D are finally heading back to the US Coming  January 18 2021  snacking

Cecily
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Chinaski said:
    these are on their way next year! 2021 already looking bright!

18 years later Doritos 3D are finally heading back to the US Coming  January 18 2021  snacking

Do they come in 4K as well?
    Chinaski
    no plans at the moment haha. Doritos 3D were my jam back in the 90's when they were around for a minute. then they sadly went away :( . 20-somehwat years later they return!
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    So apparently Zac Efron broke up with his Aussie waitress girlfriend and is also currently in Adelaide filming. My daughter works in a fancy restaurant and told me last night she is going to start wearing lipstick to work “just in case”. 
    MichelleCecilyNoel
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    So apparently Zac Efron broke up with his Aussie waitress girlfriend and is also currently in Adelaide filming. My daughter works in a fancy restaurant and told me last night she is going to start wearing lipstick to work “just in case”. 
    Good luck to her.
    Noel
    I just found out my wife follows Jake Tapper’s dog, Winston Tapper, on Twitter. 

... :| ...

2020, man. 

Also the One Blade guard #5 fell off this morning and I mowed a nice big bald path thru my beard.  So I had to shave it and now I’m 12. 

I’m gonna go grab a beer. 
    ChinaskiMichellecalebthrowerNoel
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    When y'all eat Pringles, do you go curve up or curve down in the mouth? I'm a curve up guy but it does feel wrong.  
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    When y'all eat Pringles, do you go curve up or curve down in the mouth? I'm a curve up guy but it does feel wrong.  
    I like to rest my tongue in the hole.

MichellecalebthrowerChinaskiNoelJoshTheBlack
    cdrive said:
    Also the One Blade guard #5 fell off this morning and I mowed a nice big bald path thru my beard.  So I had to shave it and now I’m 12. 

I’m gonna go grab a beer. 
    :D that sorta happened to me last Friday. my daughter was like 'wow! you look kinda younger!'. made me feel better.. till i saw myself in the mirror several hours later :|
    cdriveMichelle
    edited December 2020
    did you just call a Christmas Tree a 'chrssie tree'?

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News - Find  Share on GIPHY
    MichelleNoelDee
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Chinaski That’s what they are!
  • Gotta get the chrissie tree in time for crimbo
    DeeChinaskiMichelle
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    You’re mixing your ethnicities there @bizmarkiefader - crimbo is British. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    You’re mixing your ethnicities there @bizmarkiefader - crimbo is British. 
    Like there's a difference between Britain and Australia.

*Looks around and remembers he's in Canada*

Well fuck.
    DeeMichellebizmarkiefader
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Dee said:
    I don't want a tree, but I'd almost want a Koala.

How do they do in the winter/snow?
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited December 2020
    @Cory There’s a difference. We use the C word as an endearment and they use it as an insult. 
    Cory