607 - "Heads Up" - NO SPOILERS!!

2»

Comments

• Whedonite said:

Arctor said:

Gimple made some good points on Talking Dead explaining why the audience had to be left hanging on the Glenn situation. I'm now kind of on board with it. It comes down to having to see the story from the POV of the Alexandrians and sharing their uncertainty.

That makes absolutely no sense
    It doesn't. Its Gimple's lame ass excuse. It definitely backfired and they are just trying to save face. If that was really the truth then he is basically saying the audience is too dumb to comprehend how to watch TV. . 
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA
    Listening to the podcast feedback - @Jim, you're right, it has definitely not been weeks or even a week since Pete and Reg died. The black and white flashbacks cover about 3 days at most. The night they died, the day Rick found out about the walker quarry, another day of prep, and then real time/color is the day of the dry run. I would say there's a possibility that prep took 2 days, but the scenes they showed only covered one. It was an emergency, so Rick wouldn't have allowed it to take weeks.

Episodes 6x01 - 6x05 are all the same day as the dry run. 6x06 is a bit ahead of 07, but this is the first time we move to a different day. So we're at 4 days since Pete and Reg died.
  • so the same zombies who pulled dickless apart can't get a single scratch or any kind of grip on Glenn, right ok
    MichelleA_Ron_Hubbardfullroundaction
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Exactly, @tristan - that's been my stance on it the whole time.  Glenn is as much fresh meat as Dickless was.  Maybe since Dickless had fresh blood coming from him, they were more apt to focus on him?  Even still, they could just have easily torn at one of Glenn's arms or legs as they did Dickless' stomach. 
    tristan
    tom_g said:

I'll take plot holes for 200 Alex

You mean "two hundreeeee-EEEDDDD?"   :p

fullroundaction
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hatorian said:

Whedonite said:

Arctor said:

Gimple made some good points on Talking Dead explaining why the audience had to be left hanging on the Glenn situation. I'm now kind of on board with it. It comes down to having to see the story from the POV of the Alexandrians and sharing their uncertainty.

That makes absolutely no sense
    It doesn't. Its Gimple's lame ass excuse. It definitely backfired and they are just trying to save face. If that was really the truth then he is basically saying the audience is too dumb to comprehend how to watch TV. . 
    That's the problem with The Talking Dead and ultimately probably any studio run fan-service feedback deal.  If you have to explain it after the fact, you fucked up as a story teller.  Maybe that's what you're going for, but you failed, and you can learn from that, but Gimple and Co. doesn't seem to want to learn, and keep doing / trying the same things again and again.  

Occasionally a creator interview will give me a new nuance or appreciation for something they were doing, but I've never had one just spin me around 180 degrees, because again, I think as a storyteller you'd want to be judged on your story, not your intentions or things that didn't make the story.
    Hatorian
    I'm much less a Gimple fan now than I was before, and even *that* would be pushing it a little.  His explanation and reasoning on Talking Dead just made my eyes roll harder than they probably ever have.  And I have to wonder if Steven Yeun was thinking deep down "this dumbass just f'd up royal", but publicly sided with him in the interest of not rocking the boat with his boss and wanting to keep his job.  :)
  • What was the explanation on Talking Dead? I'm surprised it was supposed to be ambiguous cause I didn't see anything to suggest he could have survived. They showed him screaming while guts get torn out from right under his head and slowly panned out to an impossible to escape horde of zombies. I don't remember any shots showing the dumpster had a gap big enough for a person to crawl under (which, what? why? does it have full sized car wheels?) because I wouldn't assume you could do that.
    edited November 2015
    Totally with you on the dumpster thing.  All of the ones I've seen only have enough crawl space for a small animal.
    edited November 2015

What was the explanation on Talking Dead?

I guess maybe 'explanation' wasn't the correct term, but I wasn't picking up what he was puttin' down when they had he and Steven Yeun on camera via satellite and they were discussing the Glenn's fakeout death thing.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Fargo, The Last Kingdom, The Returned, The Man in the High Castle, and TWD ;-)
This discussion has been closed.