NFL 21/22

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    asmallcat said:

Edit - I guess you can probably parlay 2 2nds into a late first so that leaves you with a 1st and 2 3rds, which would be a pretty good trade. 

If I was Detroit I would rather make four picks in the first three rounds than one pick in the first. I'm guessing both of the thirds are this year so the only future pick would be one of the twos, that would be a nice boost to the roster for a new coaching staff. Those picks would also be good ammo if they want to move up from 7. I think they could still get one of the top 4 QBs at that spot but they have options if they really want Fields/Wilson. Obviously I'm biased but I think it's a good deal for everyone.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    well hot damn! yay! Little Hands Goff is in the NFC north!

God damnit are you fucking kidding me
    Chinaski
  • Damn. If the lions got that for Stratford imagine what Watson costs now
    Hatorian said:
    Damn. If the lions got that for Stratford imagine what Watson costs now
    sooooo,,, Nick Foles for Watson straight up it is! :D
    Hatorian
    Rams out here making nba trades. Surprised there were no pick swaps in there.
    Chinaski
  • edited January 31
    Hatorian said:
    Damn. If the lions got that for Stratford imagine what Watson costs now
    I mean, it's also compensation for taking Goff, who is expensive and bad. 

That being said, holy shit this trade is great. TWO firsts and a third? Yeah, the firsts are pushed back cause the Rams don't have one this year, but DAMN son. That's 5 first round picks over the next 3 years. 

Edit - Also, if the Lions take a QB this year, they can let him sit behind Goff for part or all of the season so he's not getting murdered if the O-Line is bad. 
    Chinaskibizmarkiefader
    This works for both teams and I can't stand it. Niners with a dude made out of soggy cardboard walking into a division with Wilson, Murray, and Stafford
  • This works for both teams and I can't stand it. Niners with a dude made out of soggy cardboard walking into a division with Wilson, Murray, and Stafford
    Now the rumor is that the niners are offering Jimmy G, a 2nd, and a 4th for Cousins. 
    asmallcat said:
    Now the rumor is that the niners are offering Jimmy G, a 2nd, and a 4th for Cousins. 

Evergreen since 2017

r49ers - This is how 2017 went

Hatorian
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I’m going Chiefs tomorrow. I get the concerns on their offensive line but I’m going with the best player on the field and his weapons. Bucs have 6 or 7 of the 10 best players on the field, but the Chiefs have the top 3. It feels like it’s going to be a great match up though, I’m hoping we see some real fireworks.
  • Good for JJ Watt. Seems like an awesome dude and I hope he comes to Chicago since his wife works here and he loves the food. But he deserves a championship team so he’s probably going to GB. And he still gets the benefits of living near Chicago. 

He also used Watsons situation perfectly. He didn’t want to be a part of a rebuild but he knew that if he asked ownership it would make them look good and give them more incentive to let him go. IE rewarding a 10 year vet and grant his request, tell the guy who is 25 he just signed a major contract and you’re not trading him. Plays well PR wise. 

• Hatorian said:
    Good for JJ Watt. Seems like an awesome dude and I hope he comes to Chicago since his wife works here and he loves the food. But he deserves a championship team so he’s probably going to GB. And he still gets the benefits of living near Chicago. 

He also used Watsons situation perfectly. He didn’t want to be a part of a rebuild but he knew that if he asked ownership it would make them look good and give them more incentive to let him go. IE rewarding a 10 year vet and grant his request, tell the guy who is 25 he just signed a major contract and you’re not trading him. Plays well PR wise. 

Doesn't his brother play for the steelers? He might go there. 
  • He from Winsxosin and his wife plays for a Chicago team and gb is the best team for a super bowl 
    asmallcat said:
    Hatorian said:
    Good for JJ Watt. Seems like an awesome dude and I hope he comes to Chicago since his wife works here and he loves the food. But he deserves a championship team so he’s probably going to GB. And he still gets the benefits of living near Chicago. 

Doesn't his brother play for the steelers? He might go there. 
    both his brothers play there. will probably end up in Tampa and help TB12 win #8 :|
    Hatorianasmallcat
  • What’s more important to him? A championship or playing with his brothers. I don’t see the Steelers competing and I don’t think they will be close to their record last year. 
  • Steelers are 3rd in their own division. Let alone ranking actual contenders.
  • Hatorian said:
    Steelers are 3rd in their own division. Let alone ranking actual contenders.
    Speaking of, now there are rumors that he's gonna go to the browns lol. That would be amazing.

The problem is, among the contenders, you can't really say with any certainty whose likely to go to the superbowl each year. You can list, like, 10 teams that can probably go, but I guarantee the bucs were not in people's top 5 for teams likely to win the super bowl last year. And the Steelers are really a decent QB away from being for real contenders. They had a -5 turnover margin against the browns (which almost never happens) and STILL came close to coming back and winning. 

Apart from the Chiefs (and maybe the Bucs now?), I dunno if any top 10 team is really better than any other in terms of getting a ring. I don't think the Packers are really any safer a bet than the ravens, rams, bills, etc., and I'd include the steelers in that list of contenders. Hell, if all he cares about is rings he should go to the chiefs and never look back. It's not like he needs the money. 
    Chinaski
  • Packers are a safer bet simply cuz they play in the nfc north and win the division every other yeae
    Chinaski
  • You know this. You’re a lions fan 
    Chinaskiasmallcat
  • Hatorian said:
    You know this. You’re a lions fan 
    Why you gotta hurt me like this?  :p

HatorianChinaski
    JJ picked AZ. so much for picking a 'contender'.
    Chinaski said:
    JJ picked AZ. so much for picking a 'contender'.

Texans have done more to boost the NFC West than most of the teams in it. Clowney to the seagulls for peanuts, taking Cooks awful contract for the Rams and giving them a second rounder for it, and obviously JJ and Hopkins to the Cards. Now they just need to give Watson to SF to complete the prophecy.

I just hope this makes Russ hit the gas pedal on leaving Seattle. I still can't imagine that happening but who knows anymore. You gotta think he'd rather play the Lions, Packers, and MN defenses than see Donald, JJ, and Bosa twice each.
    ChinaskicdriveHatorian
    You gotta think he'd rather play the Lions, Packers, and MN defenses than see Donald, JJ, and Bosa twice each.
    yes please! haha.
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Pace needs to make this happen. 
    Chinaski
  • Yeah did not see AZ coming. Raise your hand if you guessed that was the move. 

Now anyone who has your hand up, put it down you liars. 
    ChinaskiHatorian
    i think he would have gone to BUF or GB had they offered him the same kinda money AZ did which I doubt they did considering their current cap situation. i'm also guessing D Hop was in his ear telling him how playing for AZ doesn't suck like it did for HOU.
    Hatorian
    hey @cdrive - what's the scoop on Tom Herman? looks like he did a pretty good job coaching your Houston Cougars. Bears hired him to their coaching staff today.

cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    hey @cdrive - what's the scoop on Tom Herman? looks like he did a pretty good job coaching your Houston Cougars. Bears hired him to their coaching staff today.

Ohmyyy fugggin gawwwwd don’t get me on a Tom Herman rant.  :D   

Honest take: he might be a husk, he might help you score a ton. 
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

Ohmyyy fugggin gawwwwd don’t get me on a Tom Herman rant.  :D   

Honest take: he might be a husk, he might help you score a ton. 
    haha he was hired in an odd role. 'analyst and special projects' role. sounds like a favor to me. 'hey bruh.. you guys hiring? can you hook me up with a job?'
    cdrive