2»

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 25
    @chinaski Oh no! I love her :-(((( 

half my gifs on my phone are Lucille - she’s the gif that keeps on giving
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    her chicken dance was underrated imo. always cracked me up.

I love you all Marta  Has anyone in this family ever even seen a
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I love Arrested Development. Jason Bateman and Will Arnett (and Sean Hayes) do a great podcast called Smartless. I highly recommend it. I wonder if they’ll devote a show to Jessica. 
    Chinaski
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This one hurts. Probably the funniest part of one of the funniest shows ever. When I think about the iconic lines and moments from that show she's at least 80% of them.

imageimage

Teresa from Concord
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited March 26
    I still think about that interview where she talked about Jeffrey Tambor abusing her and the other AD (male) actors talked over her and dismissed her and made her cry. I was a big fan of Jason Bateman since he was a teen in that Valerie show but that made me hate him so much, and it pretty much ruined AD for me forever. Fuck those guys. She was wonderful and a true comedy queen. :-( 

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/24/614009165/under-the-skin-why-that-arrested-development-interview-is-so-bad
    Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:
    awe Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth) has passed away. RIP :'(

Sad loss. :cry:
    Also - I didn't realize she was 80!  Wow, she looked amazing.

• RIP Beverly Clearly ...104! She (along with Judy Blume) was such an important writer for me growing up.
    MurderbearChinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    MrX said:
    RIP Beverly Clearly ...104! She (along with Judy Blume) was such an important writer for me growing up.
    same here, and now my 9 year is into her books which is really cool. she actually chose to cut her hair shorter so it was like Ramona's.
    MrX
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    edited March 28
    Chinaski said:
    awe Jessica Walter (Lucille Bluth) has passed away. RIP :'(

Damn it, man. I just finally binged this show last year and she was definitely a highlight. I have this scene in my YouTube videos for whenever I need a quick laugh. I don’t know how the hell she kept a straight face
    MurderbearTeresa from Concord
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:
    MrX said:
    RIP Beverly Clearly ...104! She (along with Judy Blume) was such an important writer for me growing up.
    same here, and now my 9 year is into her books which is really cool. she actually chose to cut her hair shorter so it was like Ramona's.
    I loved those books growing up. This one hurt more than I thought it would. But 104 is a helluva run. 
    MrX
    Rest in peace Prince Phillip, aged 99. :cry:  What a long, full, adventurous life though. 
    https://variety.com/2021/politics/global/prince-philip-mourned-tributes-1234947843/
    https://www.royal.uk/

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    R.I.P. DMX
    MrXNoel
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited April 23
    Rest In Positivity, Shock G, Gregory Jacobs. 

Such a fun, silly, inspiring dude...positive, body positive waaay before that became a popular idea, and inclusive. Everyone was invited to doowutchyalike.  Way too young to leave us, but 100% he’d want everyone to not be sad and to celebrate, smile, have fun and do the hump this Friday night. 

bizmarkiefaderMurderbearChinaski
    Rest peacefully, Olympia Dukakis.  I loved her in everything I've seen her in - from Moonstruck to Look Who's Talking, Steel Magnolias, Tales Of The City, and so much more.  She was elegant yet funny, graceful yet a complete kick in the pants kind of broad. 

cdriveMurderbear