What grinds my gears (today)

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Hatorian said:
    People who don’t put their seatbelts on before they start driving. I hate it as a passenger. The ding ding ding. The twisting and turning of the car as they fumble around for the seatbelt. Like you know you have to put it on. Just do it first!!
    I might be slightly guilty of this from time to time, but I try to put it on as quickly as I can.  *hangs head in shame*
    ChinaskicdriveHatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited May 2021
    Michelle said:
    Hatorian said:
    People who don’t put their seatbelts on before they start driving. I hate it as a passenger. The ding ding ding. The twisting and turning of the car as they fumble around for the seatbelt. Like you know you have to put it on. Just do it first!!
    I might be slightly guilty of this from time to time, but I try to put it on as quickly as I can.  *hangs head in shame*
    haha same. my car doesn't ding ding if i don't put it on, so i just go. and tbh if i'm just going up the street or whatnot i don't put it on unless i see a cop and think about it :# . on long drives i def put it on so don't judge haha. i honestly can't believe how little i have driven in the last 15 months. for example, i got my car maintenanced with an oil change on my bday in January, looked at the mileage when i did it a few days ago, a little over 200 miles in the last 5 months.
    MichellecdriveHatorian
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Hatorian said:
    I’m totally this guy when driving out of the neighborhood with no passengers. I get it on usually between the 2nd turn before the first main road out of the neighborhood. No idea, maybe it’s a little bit of the country in me...driving in the woods. Also has something to do with the pano roof and if it’s a nice weather day. Repaired my AC recently but while it was out I’d roll down all the windows and pop the pano back. Then the beach driving vibes come out and I do the seatbelt thing again.  It comes in spurts.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    HatorianMichelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I hate all of you.... 

;)
    cdriveChinaskiMichelleDeeNoel
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Hatorian said:
    I hate all of you.... 

;)
    Not me! I don’t even drive so I have never been guilty of this in my life. 
    HatorianMichelleNoel
    Dee said:
    Hatorian said:
    I hate all of you.... 

;)
    Not me! I don’t even drive so I have never been guilty of this in my life. 
    Well don’t be so sure. My wife never drives and I hate her.... ;) I kid
    DeeNoel
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Apparently we've learned nothing with the toilet paper debacle. Now folks are hoarding gas even though they are begging people not to.This is a photo taken an hour ago by my niece in Virginia. More proof that it's a miracle humanity has lasted this long. Guessing this lady was napping during the science gas vapor lesson. Let's just hope there are no kids in mom's soccer van. 

Apparently we've learned nothing with the toilet paper debacle. Now folks are hoarding gas even though they are begging people not to.This is a photo taken an hour ago by my niece in Virginia. More proof that it's a miracle humanity has lasted this long. Guessing this lady was napping during the science gas vapor lesson. Let's just hope there are no kids in mom's soccer van. 

wow. what a jerk!
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    I saw a guy today fill up 3 gas cans and then didn’t even put any in his vehicle. These people are driving me insane. I’m a lineman and on call this week and now have the added stress of finding fucking gas because Captain Dipshit wants to store cans in his garage. Infuriating 
    People were putting it in plastic bags! Then putting in in their trunk! 
  • Yup people are absolutely nuts. I saw the posts with people filling plastic garbage bags with gasoline. How stupid can you be. 
    awookiee said:
    Yup people are absolutely nuts. I saw the posts with people filling plastic garbage bags with gasoline. How stupid can you be. 
    I’m surprised there hasn’t been more news of explosions yet. It’s not a ticking time bomb but all it needs is a match. 
    Vapors might ignite on a spark in a closed space like a trunk
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Why aren’t they stopped at the pump? All the stations have cameras. 
  • And the pipeline is already opened again, so it was all for naught. People are so panicky. And like, if the entire country runs out of gas, me being able to go an extra 200 miles or whatever is gonna be the least of my worries. I think I'll be more concerned about the complete societal breakdown. 
    i've gotten gas like 2 or 3 times this year.
    I didn’t. Odds were too Low.
    Teresa from Concordawookieehisdudeness915
    edited May 2021
    the dentist :#. half my face is numb :|.
    DeeMichelleNoel
    Chinaski said:
    the dentist :#. half my face is numb :|.
    Whyyyyyy don’t we have audio instead of text right now??? haha :sweat_smile:
    Chinaski
    Also people who walk across non designated pedestrian crossings and don’t take 1 millisecond to wave....

TravisNoel
    edited June 2021
    New Order & Pet Shop Boys (with DJ Paul Oakenfold) rescheduled... again.  The new date is 10/12/22, 2 years after the original date.  Sigh. :neutral:
    Michelle said:
    New Order & Pet Shop Boys (with DJ Paul Oakenfold) rescheduled... again.  The new date is 10/12/22, 2 years after the original date.  Sigh. :neutral:
    boo! they're not getting any younger! where's the thumbs down button? i'm annoyed for you @Michelle
    Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    boo! they're not getting any younger! where's the thumbs down button? i'm annoyed for you @Michelle
    Aw thanks!  And.... right???? If something happens to any of them, but especially Bernard Sumner or either of the PSB... :cry:   They better just stay in a bubble for the next 17 months.
    Chinaski
    edited July 2021
    People telling me what to do with my money…

If I want to burn it in front of you that’s my choice…I earned it..not anyone else…foh

#freebritney
    awookieeTravisChinaski
  • And no. That’s no related to taxes or social programs. I fully support those and willing to pay my dues to help.. :) 
    awookieeTravis
  • You know what bugs me? You want to take the high road when discussing things that can be passionate (no, doesn't have to be politics. Could be music, movies, the best smoothie in town, etc.) but when you just kind of let someone be shitty to you and try really hard to see where they're coming from, but they don't give you the same respect and then you just get kind of steam rolled so they walk away thinking they've just kicked your ass in the conversation, but really you just didn't want to go into the mud. I've wrestled with this on various topics lately. I mean, I feel like the internet is kind of the end of rationality sometimes and even though it ramped up majorly in the internet era it's not contained there. I don't know, just saw this thread and I'm in a weird headspace.

Also, fuck yeah #FreeBritney
    You know where the people who are controlling her lose every ounce of their credibility? The moment you make her perform with the added stress that comes with that whole thing you can't say that you're looking out for her because she's unstable. This whole thing is so transparently bullshit.

HatorianMichelle
  • Hatorian said:

If I want to burn it in front of you that’s my choice…I earned it..not anyone else…foh

#freebritney

Also for what it's worth, I know I went on a bit of a Branson/Bezos rant yesterday, but I don't believe that I should have any power over how they spend their money. I just don't think the news should masturbate over their bank accounts and pretend that they're doing something so great for society about it. It's a news story, but it shouldn't be an hour + long news story, complete with a super transparent propaganda speech from Virgin Air's head of PR.
    DeeHatorian
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited July 2021
    I agree @Travis. I mean, sure, billionaires “earn” their money, but they do it off the backs of ruthlessly exploiting tens of thousands of others who will never have the opportunities they have. It’s obscene to give them our attention while they piss it up the wall. 
    TravisHatorian
    Hatorian said:

#freebritney
    did someone tell you to stop swimming in your money like Scrooge McDuck? i hate it when that happens.
    HatorianTravis