NBA 2021 Thread

12345679»

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Also USA hoops plays for gold tonight at 8… pretty good hoops day! 
  • Ben Simmons has put out there that he doesn't want to go to teams like Portland or Toronto. He says that he wants to go to a California team because I guess it's easier to go to LA parties that way. I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping Portland could make a deal for him that didn't include Lillard. Now I hope he gets traded to Cleveland or Minnesota. You can be afraid to shoot jump shots just as easily there. 
    Ahh crap it’s 8/8 not 8/6. Well, still USA hoops tonight 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Dummy said:
    Ben Simmons has put out there that he doesn't want to go to teams like Portland or Toronto. He says that he wants to go to a California team because I guess it's easier to go to LA parties that way. I'm not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping Portland could make a deal for him that didn't include Lillard. Now I hope he gets traded to Cleveland or Minnesota. You can be afraid to shoot jump shots just as easily there. 

I really don't think with the market he has he's going to be able to make that call. He's not exactly AD or Kawhi
    Excited about finally getting to see Usman Garuba play in a Rockets uniform tonight. He missed the first two Summer League games cause of the Olympics wrapping up.  Also really happy to see Jarreau play well for the Heat. Hope he gets a 2 way contract.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This interview with KD and Draymond bringing up this old shit caused a big stir in the Bay Area media yesterday. The highlight quotes are Draymond talking about how after he and KD blew up at each other Kerr and Myers sat him down for like 2 hours telling him he had to apologize to KD and Draymond laughed in their faces. He told them they're going to fuck this up and then he and KD both agree that they did and basically blame the Warriors for the whole thing getting so ugly.

I'm of 2 minds with this but I kind of think none of them handled it well

1. The Warriors brass tried to treat this like they're the HR department and this was someone blowing up on a sales call or something. If Bill in accounting blows up in the office you can sit him down for a meeting and make sure he understands how things work here and tell him he needs to apologize and move forward. Draymond and KD don't view Kerr and Myers as their direct superior in that same way, there is way too much ego involved and that strategy was never going to work. It's part of their job to manage this, but you can't just lock Draymond in a room until he apologizes, they had to do better.

2. KD and Draymond blaming all of this on the Warriors is ridiculous. Draymond said they had to work it out themselves and Kerr getting involved fucked everything up, so how come you couldn't and didn't work it out yourselves? He doesn't acknowledge at all that he's the one who blew up in the first place and that this is a situation management is obviously going to care about, and that his word that he knows how to fix it is not going to be good enough while he's still heated about it a day later refusing to take any responsibility and laughing in his coach's face.

I think KD was probably gone regardless but this argument is a good microcosm of everything that's changed from the 15-18 run up until now. Kerr's comment about being sick of Draymond's shit makes even more sense in context.

• This interview with KD and Draymond bringing up this old shit caused a big stir in the Bay Area media yesterday. The highlight quotes are Draymond talking about how after he and KD blew up at each other Kerr and Myers sat him down for like 2 hours telling him he had to apologize to KD and Draymond laughed in their faces. He told them they're going to fuck this up and then he and KD both agree that they did and basically blame the Warriors for the whole thing getting so ugly.

I'm of 2 minds with this but I kind of think none of them handled it well

1. The Warriors brass tried to treat this like they're the HR department and this was someone blowing up on a sales call or something. If Bill in accounting blows up in the office you can sit him down for a meeting and make sure he understands how things work here and tell him he needs to apologize and move forward. Draymond and KD don't view Kerr and Myers as their direct superior in that same way, there is way too much ego involved and that strategy was never going to work. It's part of their job to manage this, but you can't just lock Draymond in a room until he apologizes, they had to do better.

2. KD and Draymond blaming all of this on the Warriors is ridiculous. Draymond said they had to work it out themselves and Kerr getting involved fucked everything up, so how come you couldn't and didn't work it out yourselves? He doesn't acknowledge at all that he's the one who blew up in the first place and that this is a situation management is obviously going to care about, and that his word that he knows how to fix it is not going to be good enough while he's still heated about it a day later refusing to take any responsibility and laughing in his coach's face.

I think KD was probably gone regardless but this argument is a good microcosm of everything that's changed from the 15-18 run up until now. Kerr's comment about being sick of Draymond's shit makes even more sense in context.

I saw this and then decided to finally go through with unfollowing all of the NBA-related accounts on social media. I'm done with it. When the games are on I'll watch if I have time, but this kind of drama is just plain ridiculous. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    GSW playing some pretty good ball. should be fun to see how they adjust once Klay and Wiseman come back. was pretty fun to see the Brooklyn crowd chant MVP a few nights ago when Steph Curry was running circles around that team.
    bizmarkiefader