Coronavirus / COVID-19

Comments

• CoryCory New Scotland
    tom_g said:
    Cory said:
    tom_g said:
    Moderna here, with similar second dose side effects @Cory.

How long did ot last?
    I called in again tonight, and am on vacation for a week.
    1.5 days for me.

I feel like it's starting to ease off.
    asmallcatcdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    My Trumper cousin posted this on her Facebook and I almost lost my sh*t on her for a few different reasons, including the fact that we have (very) distant relatives that perished in the Holocaust.  Granted, she doesn't research genealogy or our family tree the way I do, so she probably didn't know, but that doesn't matter.  This whole meme is totally offensive.  Just the audacity alone of comparing masking mandates/stay at home orders to the actual Holocaust.  Are you f*cking kidding me???

• DeeDee Adelaide
    @Michelle Wow, that’s a whole new level of idiocy and offensiveness. She really thought she was doing something there. 
    Michelle
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Family or not you need to unfriend her. 
    CretanBull
    edited August 2021
    One thing I forgot to add is that another thing she’s comparing it to is the possibility of having to show your Covid vaccination card for entry anywhere, if it comes to that. Still though, it’s no comparison in the slightest imaginable way.  Ugh, disgusting.  And @Teresa from Concord, one thing that I don’t do on my Facebook is unfriend my family.  I just ignore the hell out of them if it comes to it.
    HatorianCretanBull
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Michelle said:
    One thing I forgot to add is that another thing she’s comparing it to is the possibility of having to show your Covid vaccination card for entry anywhere, if it comes to that. Still though, it’s no comparison in the slightest imaginable way.  Ugh, disgusting.  And @Teresa from Concord, one thing that I don’t do on my Facebook is unfriend my family.  I just ignore the hell out of them if it comes to it.

You can snooze them for 30 days, or just unfollow them without unfriending them.

And the first time I saw posts like that I felt sick and angry for days.
  • U better?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited August 2021
    Hatorian said:
    U better?

You mean me?

Mostly. Being diabetic I'm thinking it's keeping sugar quite high, and that's what's causing my symptoms.

I woke up from a terrible dream around 4am very anxious.
    Hatorian
  • Yea. You. Just checking in on vaccine stuff. Someone else mentioned they had very crazy nightmares. 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Hatorian said:
    Yea. You. Just checking in on vaccine stuff. Someone else mentioned they had very crazy nightmares. 

Yeah I'm assuming that's part of it too.
  • Pfizer has received full FDA approval in USA. 
    DeeCoryMichelle
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2021
    Yea. But I’m gonna now wait until the data on which vaccine is best for Delta. ;)
    May be an image of text that says Angry Staffer Angry_ Angry_Staffer If the people who call everyone else sheep could stop taking livestock medication thatd be great
    HatorianDeeCretanBull
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Pfizer has received full FDA approval in USA. 
    I’m a Moderna girl. Come on FDA! And I will happily get a booster shot. I’m definitely getting the flu shot this year. “They” predict it will be a bad season. 
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Pfizer has received full FDA approval in USA. 
    I’m a Moderna girl. Come on FDA! And I will happily get a booster shot. I’m definitely getting the flu shot this year. “They” predict it will be a bad season. 
    I stopped getting a flu shot for years (we get them free at work) because I always felt like shit for a few days after. Then I got real life actual flu (not just a cold that people claim is flu) a few years ago and I was so sick my daughter was worried I was dying. Even weeks after a walk to the shop five minutes down the road exhausted me. So now I make my booking the second we get that email saying it’s jab time. 
    CretanBullCory
  • It's so weird to me that because the UK was the first country to use the vaccine widely, and they said jab, we now all call it jab instead of shot. Even over here when talking about US shots people on the news will say jab. 
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited August 2021
    @asmallcat Finally you lot are learning to talk properly! 

Our government even has official policies called No Jab No Pay (immunising children for certain child care subsidises and child welfare payments) and No Jab No Play (children to be immunised to attend child care). 
    CretanBullasmallcat
  • Agreed, jab is the right and proper English.
    Dee
  • I prefer Fauci Ouchie
    DeeMichelle
    Our little city had 6 deaths yesterday - SIX.  That's minimal compared to larger cities but a lot for our small community.  It's the highest number we've experienced since the pandemic started.  Plus, our positive case numbers are close to 100/100+ almost every day.  We are a county that is about 51% fully vaccinated, with morons who protest masking & vaccines right outside a hospital that is at max capacity & medical staff are working countless hours to try to save the lives of these very same kind of people who are protesting.  We're screwed.
    Freddy
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I am currently at work listening to the chick opposite me trying to gently explain to the dingbat next to me why her conspiracy theories about Covid vaccines (“they give you Covid!”) are bullshit, while dingbat stubbornly claims her sources are the “Melbourne CDC” (Australia doesn’t have a CDC) and “my mum’s boyfriend’s son who is an ambo”.

She is also telling opposite chick that all the vaccinated people are going to be put into camps, which - doesn’t make sense? Wouldn’t it be the UNvaccinated people put into these imaginary camps? Opposite chick is getting annoyed and trying not to show it now. 

Freddy
  • Dingbat forgot microchips and horse deworming paste.
    DeeCretanBull
  • Dee said:

She is also telling opposite chick that all the vaccinated people are going to be put into camps, which - doesn’t make sense? Wouldn’t it be the UNvaccinated people put into these imaginary camps? Opposite chick is getting annoyed and trying not to show it now. 

Maybe they're going to be really luxurious camps, like a resort, and dingbat is sad that she won't get to live in our vaccinated utopia.
    Dee
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
     Driving back up from the city yesterday there was a big anti vax protest on the Golden Gate bridge and it was unbelievable how many people were honking in support. There were probably like 100 people out there holding signs and one of them was just "vaccines are nazi" and that phrase has been bouncing around my skull since then like one of those DVD screen saver things. How the fuck did we get here
    tom_gcdriveMichelle
  • How the fuck did we get here

THE best question.  Fix this and we are better on many fronts.

Michellebizmarkiefader
  • DeeDee Adelaide
     Driving back up from the city yesterday there was a big anti vax protest on the Golden Gate bridge and it was unbelievable how many people were honking in support. There were probably like 100 people out there holding signs and one of them was just "vaccines are nazi" and that phrase has been bouncing around my skull since then like one of those DVD screen saver things. How the fuck did we get here
    Barley = intellect
    Michellebizmarkiefader
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited September 2021
    Didn’t know whether to put this in Grinding My Gears or here, but my frustration is steadily rising with this fucking horse shit.

6 days. It only took 6 days in to the school year for us to get a call in the middle of the school day saying come get your 4th grader. A little bit of prefacing, TX is a hotbed with delta, we fight with our Governor about mask mandates and vaccine mandates and shutdowns. And he defunded virtual learning this school year in the state. Because asshole.

A kid called in sick Tuesday with symptoms. We get the call at noon. Five 4th graders including our boy have been potentially exposed and must go into a 10 day quarantine with temporary virtual learning during that time. My kid says this kid a lot of times has his nose out of his mask. As soon as we know if this kid is negative then my kid and the 4 others can come back. On day 5 we can get him tested and if negative he can come back. 

My rising frustration is that if the kid got tested the first day he was out then his family would know yes or no probably Tuesday and definitely Wednesday. It’s the end of the day fucking Thursday and we still don’t know. This is a major burden affecting 5 families. What in the actual fuck. I emailed and talked with the nurse yesterday and got a “as soon as I know you’ll know.” Still don’t know. So in all likelihood we’ll get to day 5 and get him tested. I did a test a few months back in July for free driving thru a Walgreens pharmacy and had results in 3 fucking hours.

It’s also heartbreaking so frequently hearing all these virtual 4th graders telling their teacher they got to go to a doctor’s visit or kids talking amongst each other asking things like “when did you get sick.” Thankfully my guy is symptom free so far. His spirit is just low cause he’s so done with virtual and misses his friends. These zoom virtual classes went from 70:1 student teacher ratio day 1 to 125:1 today. It’s nuts.

GAHHHH Goosfraba Goosfraba Goosfraba.

Michelletom_g
  • For the first time in our city, and in our county, a child under 10 was hospitalized with Covid today.  :( :heartbreak:
  • Joe Rogan is an ass.

TomG in WV
    MichelleCretanBullcdrivehisdudeness915