NFL 21/22

Comments

• bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I don't think the NFL would let the Bills move to Austin ultimately but this whole publicly financed stadium scam shit has to end. They know they can absolutely get at least a segment of the population riled up enough to say we don't care what it costs just keep them here.
    Noel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    It was a mistake to watch the first episode of Hard Knocks. I’m going to watch the entire season and it will have me believing in the Cowboys. Man, I just can’t help myself.
    kingbee67
  • Noel said:
    It was a mistake to watch the first episode of Hard Knocks. I’m going to watch the entire season and it will have me believing in the Cowboys. Man, I just can’t help myself.
    The pieces are there. The Cowboys being contenders isn't that crazy. And who knows, as JJ gets older maybe he actually wants to win something and will finally learn to be more hands off. 

Haaaa, hahaha I almost convinced myself that might happen. As long as JJ is so hands on it feels like a long shot for the Cowboys to make a deep playoff run. 
    Noel
  • Justin fields debut baby! 

Was gonna go today last minute but thought the start time was 1cst. It’s not. 

Next week! The return of titties…
    ChinaskiNoel
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    Justin fields debut baby! 
    hell yeah! started off a little shaky, but came out firing in the second half. bear down!!
    HatorianNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    edited August 2021
    I’m happy for Bears fans, looks like y’all finally found the guy. Don’t know when the Bears will be at the Death Star but I’m gonna try to go see him in person.

Edit: Just noticed that it’s next year! Y’all pull up.
    HatorianChinaskikingbee67asmallcat
  • 2022 trip to Dallas!
    ChinaskiNoel
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2021
    Going to Bears game tomorrow and Mitch is starting. I hope they eat him alive. No injuries though. Just like 3 picks. 
  • Hatorian said:
    Going to Bears game tomorrow and Mitch is starting. I hope they eat him alive. No injuries though. Just like 3 picks. 
    Unless the Bears are starting their 1st team defense, they sadly probably wont. Even though he was a pretty bad starting NFL quarterback, he was still a starting NFL quarterback, and usually people with a lot of game experience look great in the preseason. 

Joe Flacco looked competent in the Eagles first game (although terrible against the pats). 

I have to say, though, as down as I was on Trubisky as a starter, he seems like the perfect backup for Allen - he's basically a poor man's version of Allen lol. 

Also, this is gonna be a LONG season as a Lions fan. I'm excited to go, like, 4-13. 

Also also, having an odd number of games is the WORST. 
    Hatorian
  • Great signing by the Bills. Don’t need to change their offense if Allen goes down s 
    Chinaski
    i'm actually pulling for Trubisky tomorrow. i hope he does well.
  • I was a big supporter but everything coming out from the breakup is the guy just didn’t put in the work. Immature. And then he goes and is immature in his first press conference. I was burned for 4 years and the last thing I want to see is him succeed with another team…haha ;)
    ah i didn't catch wind of him being immature and not putting in the work when he was in Chicago. i caught some of a presser where he said it was nice to be somewhere where he was wanted. i didn't think anything of it cause i kinda agreed with him. heck, he was TD drop away from potentially winning that playoff game last year. i still don't get why Stone Hands WIms is still on the roster. that dude needs to kick rocks.
    Hatorian
  • Ugh. And he dropped a perfect Fields throw today in practice. Dude needs to go. He’s got the yips. 
    Chinaski
    Hatorian said:
    Ugh. And he dropped a perfect Fields throw today in practice. Dude needs to go. He’s got the yips. 
    he also had a ridiculous false start last Saturday. and he full on ran his route while everyone was standing still all 'uhhh where you going bro?'
    Hatorian
  • Yep. Saw that. 
    @Hatorian- so what was the vibe like there? they looked like absolute shit in the first half (besides that Dalton 'look what I found' TD pass). Fields made some nice plays with his legs, and had a sweet pass to James off his backfoot. i love his calmness. even when he got lit up he wasn't fazed and just moved on to the next one. i tend to forget how fast he is for how big he is. i hope he starts getting reps with the 1's cause there's only so much more Dalton i can stand. Mr 3 n Out.

and oh, the D and ST were atrocious that first half. so many missed tackles. anyways, hope they learned for that shit show.
  • That Trubiskiy looked pretty good. The Bears should trade for him.  :p
    ChinaskiNoel
    edited August 2021
    asmallcat said:
    That Trubiskiy looked pretty good. The Bears should trade for him.  :p
    i had a running joke with my friends that the bears were going to fire Nagy, then trade the 20th pick for Trubisky. he looked pretty good today. but nothing i haven't seen before. can hit a slant pass on a dime, or roll out and make plays with his legs. but when it comes to the long throw he just can't do it. and when he does receivers are surprised and drop it. i hope nothing but the best for him.
  • Wow the forums NFL chat turned straight NFC north talk. I recorded the Vikes game from last night and am about to turn it on but from the little bit I've heard it didn't sound pretty. Can't wait for Rodgers to be out of the NFC North. 
    Chinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    @Hatorian- so what was the vibe like there? they looked like absolute shit in the first half (besides that Dalton 'look what I found' TD pass). Fields made some nice plays with his legs, and had a sweet pass to James off his backfoot. i love his calmness. even when he got lit up he wasn't fazed and just moved on to the next one. i tend to forget how fast he is for how big he is. i hope he starts getting reps with the 1's cause there's only so much more Dalton i can stand. Mr 3 n Out.

and oh, the D and ST were atrocious that first half. so many missed tackles. anyways, hope they learned for that shit show.
    Chinaski said:

It was fun man. Kid loved it. Good vibes. Definitely preseason all around. Long lines for food. Mack didn’t even try. Fields looks like the real deal in person. 
    Chinaski
    Turns out Trey Lance is a rookie after all. You can see all the potential in the world and so much upside in the highlight plays, but I get why they don't want to throw Jimmy in the trash can just yet.
    Turns out Trey Lance is a rookie after all. You can see all the potential in the world and so much upside in the highlight plays, but I get why they don't want to throw Jimmy in the trash can just yet.
    i mean, the kid just turned 21 and prior to pre-season only played 1 football game in 18 months. and even then it was in the FCS at ND State. personally i think it would be wise to bring him up slowly and let him get more comfortable with offense and speed of the NFL. while JimmyG may not be the flashiest, he wins you games (24-8 with SF). his problem is staying healthy. as they say, the best ability is availability.
    bizmarkiefader
    So many niner fans are expecting Lance to start and think this is Shanahan being coy, but I think you're right and we'll be waiting a little bit for Lance. You can only realistically flip that switch once, the last thing you want is some sort of Fitzpatrick/Tua situation.
    Chinaski
  • Mitch Trubisky 2.0
    ChinaskiNoel
    Hatorian said:
    Ugh. And he dropped a perfect Fields throw today in practice. Dude needs to go. He’s got the yips. 
    gone! good riddance!
    Hatorian
  • Not surprised
    was nice to see Fields get the start today. like last week, he started off a little shaky but found his groove. i swear, Nagy's play-calling makes me want to rip my gorgeous hair out sometimes! anyways, the TD pass Fields threw right before the end of the first half was f'n dart! hope to start seeing that on a consistent basis sooner than later.

there was a series of plays that i was confused about. so the Bears went for it on 4th n 8. threw for a first down, but the play was challenged and overturned that it was not a catch. so shouldn't that have been turnover on downs? it was weird, the bears just got to punt it away after the Titans won the challenge.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2021
    Whoa the Pats released Cam Newton. Based on the pre-season I was expecting Mac Jones to start sooner rather than later, but thought Cam might start a game or two.

Bring on the season of Mac! With the way the defense is shaping up, if he can get things rolling on offense it will be a fun season.

Tua v Mac, week 1.
    That's pretty surprising, with all his anti vax shit he might have a hard time finding another landing spot unless someone gets hurt early in the season.