What music are you streaming?

Comments

• Chinaski said:
    enjoying the new Chvrches. Lauren Mayberry's voice never disappoints.
    I like it more than their last album (which I didn't really like) but I also find it a bit boring.  Her voice though *chef's kiss*
    Chinaski
  • New Softcult :)

• Can’t get enough. I got my wife into Softcult and bought a couple of their tshirts for her.
    CretanBull
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited September 2021
    Can’t get enough. I got my wife into Softcult and bought a couple of their tshirts for her.
    Thank you so much!  I can tell you for certain that they genuinely appreciated it!  <3
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Chinaski said:
    I like it more than their last album (which I didn't really like) but I also find it a bit boring.  Her voice though *chef's kiss*
    i def like it more than their last album. on the first few listens it was kinda vanilla to me, so i can see how you find it a bit boring. however, the more i listen to it the more i dig. to me, their second album (Every Open Eye) is my favorite. i like almost every song on it minus the ones where the dudes sing which i can't stand.
    CretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    Chinaski said:
    i def like it more than their last album. on the first few listens it was kinda vanilla to me, so i can see how you find it a bit boring. however, the more i listen to it the more i dig. to me, their second album (Every Open Eye) is my favorite. i like almost every song on it minus the ones where the dudes sing which i can't stand.
    To me, their first album is a 9/10.  I'd give the second album a 5.  Right now I'd have to give the new album a 6, maybe 6.5 with a chance to rise up to a 7 if it grows on me with more listens.
    Chinaski
    for me i'd give their first like an 8 (major wow factor the first time i heard The Mother We Share), their second an 8.5, third around a 6, and this new one so far like 7.
    CretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    for me i'd give their first like an 8 (major wow factor the first time i heard The Mother We Share), their second an 8.5, third around a 6, and this new one so far like 7.
    I just realized that I mentally skipped over their actual second album and rated their 1st, 3rd and 4th records.  So...

1st album 9/10, 2nd album 7/10, 3rd album 5/10, and 4th album 6-6.5
    Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited September 2021
    I fell down a Beastie Boys rabbit hole earlier, so that's basically been my night.  They're like Pringles - once you pop...!  :)

This concert.... I'm still so bummed!  My friends went and I could have gone too but couldn't get out of work.  I would have called out sick, but I was the closing manager & couldn't find anyone to take my shift. :(   They're somewhere down on that floor though.  God that would have been f'ing amazing!  

CretanBullChinaski
    @Michelle- have you watched their live documentary (Beastie Boys Story) on ATV+ that came out last year? i really dug it, def recommend.
    MichelleCretanBull
    edited September 2021
    Chinaski said:
    @Michelle- have you watched their live documentary (Beastie Boys Story) on ATV+ that came out last year? i really dug it, def recommend.
    I've been meaning to!  Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.  Nice to hear how good it is, not like it wouldn't be or anything.  These guys will be legends forever.  And also, you can't talk about the B Boys without saying rest in peace MCA, we still miss you! :heartbreak:
    ChinaskiCretanBull
    edited September 2021
    Let the beat.........!

• Not really streaming it, but there's no other music thread to post this in...a poster from the early 90's where my friend's band (Trigger Happy) toured Canada with Green Day right before they became one of the biggest bands in the world.

kingbee67Travis
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Listening to the hives Hate To Say, the house was a rockin! Oops that was a earthquake. 4.5
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2021

Got nostalgic and had a battle in my car between Lucas with the Lid Off and Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia) and it was super fun. 2 spins each and unsurprisingly US3 won, but Lucas was formidable.

As an extension of US3, I realized that I never really got into Herbie Hancock so I listened to Empyrean Isles and that was quite fantastic as well.

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited October 2021
    I'm beyond stoked to share this, I've mentioned it indirectly a few times when I've hinted at a future Softcult some that is a massive hit in the waiting...here it is, finally released.

I can't say enough about the brilliance of these lyrics:

boys will be boys
    will be boys
    will be boys

she'll never speak again
    you'll only tell her that it never happened
    can't even trust a friend
    they might just leave you for dead

and then they say "boys will be boys"
    but these "boys" are men
    and these girls didn't ask to be touched by them

it's not where she was
    it's not how she dressed
    and it's not her fault you don't know what consent is
    if there's one in your company
    i wonder when they're gonna come for me

boys will be boys
    will be boys
    will be boys

sorry i did it again
    opened my mouth and now you're all threatened
    avoid the point like the truth is a weapon
    i'll aim it right at your neck then

when they say "boys will be boys"
    but these "boys" ain't shit
    and these girls shouldn't have to put up with it

it's not where she was
    it's not how she dressed
    and it's not her fault you don't know what consent is
    if there's one in your company
    i wonder when they're gonna come for me

and it must be nice for you to feel safe
    when you walk down the street
    but if you lay a hand on my sister again
    you might lose some fucking teeth

boys will be boys
    will be boys
    will be boys
    bizmarkiefaderTravisDashEnginecdriveChinaskikingbee67
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Shit. Yeah.  Thrashing did indeed result.

————

“Jenny” / “It’s In You, It’s In Me” by Sloan are finally available for streaming! These 2 original tracks, an homage to the hardcore punk sound of the late 70’s/early 80's, were originally released back in 2013 on murderecords as a limited edition 7” vinyl pressing of only 500 copies. Now they are both ready to be heard again on your favourite streaming platform. Listen below. Thrashing may result. 

———

CretanBull
    Xposted on discord but:

Nice to be listening to KUTX last weekend in the Bastrop / Austin area. They stream now! Best new pick ups:

kingbee67
    edited November 2021
    New Adele! :heart:
  • I forgot to post this year, new Softcult song came out a few weeks ago and it's a banger!

Also, if you're in California they'll be playing there soon (Covid travel restrictions pending)

Chinaski
    rad! thanks for the heads up @CretanBull. great venues! i will prob go depending on how comfortable i feel at the time being around people. The Catalyst is a fun venue, and like 10 mins from my house.
    CretanBull
  • Chinaski said:
    rad! thanks for the heads up @CretanBull. great venues! i will prob go depending on how comfortable i feel at the time being around people. The Catalyst is a fun venue, and like 10 mins from my house.

The covid situation is tricky for a lot of reasons. Depending on how things go, Canada could have travel restrictions, America could have visitation restrictions, California might close venues or limit crowd sizes (perhaps to a level that doesn't make economic sense) etc.  The biggest factor is the work visas.  They cost $2500, they're non-refundable, you can't work in America without one, and they need to be ordered (and paid for) weeks in advance...so at some point they're going to have to assess the situation, determine the likelihood of the shows happening and either commit to buying a work visa, or decide that it's too risky and pull out.  All of that said, fingers crossed :)
    Chinaski
  • More new Softcult :)

‘22 recent tunes

Spoon - Wild

Slim Thug - Fight

Pavement - Be The Hook

Broken Social Scene - Curse Your Fail

Freddy
    edited April 5
    Book alert, @Freddy

I know this dude, Houston’s own Lance Scott Walker who writes a lot about Houston Rap history.

Freddy
    started listening to The Smile. Yorke, Greenwood and drummer from Sons of Kemet band. like a jazzy-ish Radiohead if that makes sense. never opposed to some 'pss pss bat bat' jazz drumming.
    The Replacements Let It Be, Korean bbq and regular Budweiser. That’s how we rock in the East Bay.

oh yeah I moved to the E bay
    Chinaski
    kingbee67 said:
    The Replacements Let It Be, Korean bbq and regular Budweiser. That’s how we rock in the East Bay.

oh yeah I moved to the E bay
    oh damn, where about in the East Bay? my old stomping grounds!
    Livermore, Vasco area