NFL 21/22

Comments

• This is such bullshit. The Rams have been "all in" for years and it hasn't caught up to them yet. It's so frustrating watching them make trades for star contributors like Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller while the Niners galaxy brain themselves into "flexibility" they never actually use. I'm sure if they did make it Miller would be grabbing his hamstring by the third practice anyway but still.

The most annoying part about this is the Broncos are paying the salary too, so they didn't even have to do anything to make the cap work. Can someone please make one of these absolute bullshit trades to somewhere outside the NFC West

I think that's how the broncos managed to get both draft picks for him - 2nd and 3rd next year is a decent haul - they were willing to eat the salary to have more capital in next year's draft to keep rebuilding. Although knowing them they'll trade up and draft another QB that flames out in 2 years :D
  • MrX said:
    This is such bullshit. The Rams have been "all in" for years and it hasn't caught up to them yet. It's so frustrating watching them make trades for star contributors like Ramsey, Stafford, and Miller while the Niners galaxy brain themselves into "flexibility" they never actually use. I'm sure if they did make it Miller would be grabbing his hamstring by the third practice anyway but still.

The most annoying part about this is the Broncos are paying the salary too, so they didn't even have to do anything to make the cap work. Can someone please make one of these absolute bullshit trades to somewhere outside the NFC West

I think that's how the broncos managed to get both draft picks for him - 2nd and 3rd next year is a decent haul - they were willing to eat the salary to have more capital in next year's draft to keep rebuilding. Although knowing them they'll trade up and draft another QB that flames out in 2 years :D

That's the thing, it's easy to be like lol rams have no picks, but they end up with a massively stacked roster and the other shoe never drops cause they've found serviceable guys late in the draft and veterans are willing to come for cheap. When they made the Ramsey deal I thought it was a mistake (and being a Niners fan I wasn't aware corners were allowed to play more than three consecutive games without getting hurt for the season) but now they have Ramsey and the Jags have Ettiene and that DE who I haven't seen his name brought up since the draft.

In the '21 draft the niners used a second on a guard who is so bad he isn't even active on game days and third on an RB who is so bad he can't get touches even when they've had five or so guys go down in front of him and they're pulling people off of other teams practice squads. Hard to say the Rams are making a mistake missing out on that kind of roster building action.
    MrX
  • Well this isn't NFL related but as a University of Michigan alum and fan HELL YEAH FUCK OHIO STATE!

And to make this football related, well, the Lions still absolutely suck. What a surprise. It would be the most Lions thing ever to go winless in the first 17 game season, which means it is 100% happening. 
  • @asmallcat Think though, you could be winless but somehow still 0-16 in the first 17 game season. They will forever be enshrined in bar trivia 5 or so years from now.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    not so fast!!

NFL Dan Campbell Lions pay tribute to Oxford victims
    MrXasmallcat
  • Pats back on top of the East!

• And lol they only attempted 3 passes the whole game. 
  • HELL YEAH LIONS! Dodging the ignominy of being winless while still probably getting the #1 pick. Also, there's a LOT of B+ level QB's this draft so the Lions can take on of the insane defensive players early (Hutchison or the guy from Bama whose name escapes me) and maybe take a round 2 flyer on a QB if a decent one falls there. 
  • The NFC is such a mess. I don't know what to make of pretty much any of the teams other than the current division winners, and even there the Cowboys are a little shaky on a week to week basis. This is just gonna end up being Bucs Chiefs again isnt it?
  • Or Bucs Pats, which is even worse. 
  • asmallcat said:
    Or Bucs Pats, which is even worse. 

Jesus, I hadn't even considered this. Between that and the Niners not having a first rounder that might be the thing to help me take a sabbatical from football from January to September
  • lol as a Patriots fan I apologize in advance if a Pats-Bucs Superbowl happens. ESPN would be unwatchable for two weeks.
    down to the elite 8! who do ya got? i'm going with..

Cincy
    KC
    GB
    LAR
  • Cincy
    Buff
    GB
    TB

Go Bengals? It’s the Bald Move home team!
    OliviaD
  • Go Buffalo!
    damn, impressive comeback by TB12 despite the loss. very reminiscent of SB 51. Tampa D totally shit the bed that last drive. McVay v. Shanny should be fun!
  • I'm the ultimate jinx.

I heard that Buffalo was winning so I tuned in with just a couple of minutes left to play.  KC came back and took the lead.  I turned the game off and Buffalo scored to take the lead.  I turn the game back on and KC scored to tie it up.

I'm turning off for over time.

PS - if you want your team to win, let me know and I'll tune in to cheer for whoever they're playing against.
    Chinaski
    that was one of the most fun games (BUF v KC) i have ever watched in my lifetime. it was bonkers!
  • jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited January 26
    I'm the ultimate jinx.

I heard that Buffalo was winning so I tuned in with just a couple of minutes left to play.  KC came back and took the lead.  I turned the game off and Buffalo scored to take the lead.  I turn the game back on and KC scored to tie it up.

I'm turning off for over time.

PS - if you want your team to win, let me know and I'll tune in to cheer for whoever they're playing against.

CretanBull
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Football is amazing. Shout out to Cincinnati!
    ChinaskiOliviaDcdrive
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    It’s a great day to be a Bengals fan 
    NoelCretanBull
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    SF vs LA was gross. Backbreaking plays all day yet somehow had a lead late, defense was gassed and they're punting on 4th and short at midfield, dropped picks, a chance to win at the end only for Jimmy to have the most Jimmy drive of all time and now the Rams are in the super bowl.
    Noel
  • Tom Brady, who was embroiled in numerous cheating scandals during his legendary 22-year NFL career, retires.

Chinaski
  • MichelleMichelle California
    The entire halftime show was *lit*.  This moment capped it off beautifully.
    (These are the things I really care about, not so much the football part of it all.) :)

jluzania
    damn, that Russ trade to Denver :o. the AFC West set of QB's is insane!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    damn, that Russ trade to Denver :o. the AFC West set of QB's is insane!
    He kinda has to say “Go Broncos” after every press conference now right?? 
  • I’m not a Broncos fan but it will be fun following Russ out here in Colorado for sure. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Seattle dropping Russ and Wagner on the same day, it sounds like they're going to make a run at Watson but end of an era for sure. Wish we could have gotten Rodgers out of the NFC too but the path to the super bowl is wide open now. It's Rams (and Stafford could easily get hurt), Packers, and who? The other biggest threats are maybe the Cardinals assuming mighty mouse can keep his arm on his shoulder for an entire season and the Niners if Trey works out right away. The Bucs and Saints are back in QB hell, the Cowboys are probably taking a step back with Amari gone, and the other playoff team last year was the Eagles who have a chance with all their assets but not exactly a juggernaut as it stands.

Sorry AFC teams who now have to get through Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Burrow, and Jackson every year for the foreseeable future.