Welcome Wagon Thread! New to Bald Move? Have questions? Introduce yourself here, and/or ask away!

124»

Comments

• *Snip*
    Check out this page for a Jehovah's Witness podcast they did a few years back
    https://baldmove.com/news/the-jehovahs-witness-podcast/
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Hello everyone.

I've been listening to Bald Move for a long time. Game of Thrones was my entry point around season 4 I want to say. I started doing Premium a few years ago as well. I love all the TV and movie stuff. I'm especially enjoying the badass pantheon going on right now since I grew up on TV-recorded VHS copies of violent 80s and 90s movies. I've only made like two posts on this forum in the past. Hoping to change that frequency but family and my two young sons keep me kind of busy. Also, I rarely have anything profound to say so I do a lot more reading than writing :P

Question: A-Ron's Jehovah's Witness youth and early adulthood comes up quite frequently. Did he ever do a podcast episode where he discusses his faith journey in detail? I also grew up in a conservative American-born religion that I left some time ago. I enjoy hearing people's stories about how they deconstructed their faith and how they got to where they are.

Happy posting to all.

Edit: I see we're moving to Reddit. Catch y'all there I suppose.
    That podcast is amazing. It was like listening to a movie podcast about a movie that hasn't been made.
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Freddy said:
    Hello everyone.

I've been listening to Bald Move for a long time. Game of Thrones was my entry point around season 4 I want to say. I started doing Premium a few years ago as well. I love all the TV and movie stuff. I'm especially enjoying the badass pantheon going on right now since I grew up on TV-recorded VHS copies of violent 80s and 90s movies. I've only made like two posts on this forum in the past. Hoping to change that frequency but family and my two young sons keep me kind of busy. Also, I rarely have anything profound to say so I do a lot more reading than writing :P

Question: A-Ron's Jehovah's Witness youth and early adulthood comes up quite frequently. Did he ever do a podcast episode where he discusses his faith journey in detail? I also grew up in a conservative American-born religion that I left some time ago. I enjoy hearing people's stories about how they deconstructed their faith and how they got to where they are.

Happy posting to all.

Edit: I see we're moving to Reddit. Catch y'all there I suppose.
    That podcast is amazing. It was like listening to a movie podcast about a movie that hasn't been made.
    agree 100%. i've shared it with a number of former JW's and they very much enjoyed it and found it very relatable.
    Freddy
  • edited July 2021
    Just got a new phone and for some reason the bald move firehose feed stopped updating. Deleted it from my library and tried to use the steps from the Bald Move website to resubscribe on Apple podcast but it says the URL is invalid. Help?
  • Hi all - I'm not a newbie, but I've returned to the club after a year away.

I'm having the same issue as @ebee710 regarding the firehose feed. I figure there were some sort of changes at some point due to the introduction of the Prestige and Pulp feeds. At any rate, can someone (like @A_Ron_Hubbard) clarify if this is a known issue? Also, if I want to receive all content by subscribing to the least amount of feeds possible outside of the firehose feed, would the following cover it?

Bald Move Prestige
    Bald Move Pulp
    Empire Business
    Game of Thrones (for the Electric Bookaloo content)
    Lunch with Jim & A.Ron
    Off the Clock

Will any of the above include casts from the Super Serious Film Fest and the Commissioned Podcasts feeds? Am I missing anything else?

Thans,
    Aaron
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I believe if you want literally everything, just go to the "premium firehose" feed.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    ebee710 said:
    Just got a new phone and for some reason the bald move firehose feed stopped updating. Deleted it from my library and tried to use the steps from the Bald Move website to resubscribe on Apple podcast but it says the URL is invalid. Help?

Can you hit up Jim at support@baldmove.com... this one is above my ability to troubleshoot.
  • lengmolengmo RTP, NC
    edited August 2021
    Hi @A_Ron_Hubbard, can you please tell me if the ability to upload images to the forum is a BM membership perk, or grandfathered in to longtime forum members, or...? 

When I click the file button I only get the option to enter an Image URL, not upload an image.

I sent an email to support some days ago but perhaps that is only for members.

Thanks!

• Do you not see that on mobile safari?
  • Just the bottom half, Image URL, on all browsers on mobile and desktop I’ve tried. 
  • Weird. Yea. Gonna need help from the guys on that one
  • Hi @A_Ron_Hubbard any chance of finding out about image uploading?  Thanks!

• I just want to put this little warning out to any new Bald Movers. My sources tell me that Jim and A.Ron both are cannibals. I mean, like they legit eat fools. Now I can't directly say that supporting Bald Move is supporting cannibalism, but if the word of Peace Box, the resident bongo artist/pet psychic on Third Street is to be trusted, it might be.
    cdriveCretanBullawookiee
  • edited November 2021
    Hey, my Overcast app is not downloading new podcasts from the Firehose feed. The last one I have is episode 7 of Foundation so I did not yet receive last week’s Lunch, The Guest, or This Week on BM. Anyone know a fix for this? Do I have to delete the feed and resubscribe? I don’t know how to do that.

DISREGARD! Problem solved! 
  • Hi all. Been a listener for years. Got hooked with GoT and love Beltaloda. Couldn’t imagine Foundation without J & AR. Any plans to tackle Wheel of Time?
    Dee
  • Hey how do you vote for the baldies and help with off the clock voting I’m a new member!
  • Anyone else not get the TWD podcast in the firehose feed this week? Haven’t seen the show yet, but noticed the pod was published to the site and not in my feed. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    So has everyone moved to discord? The forum is mostly silent. I miss everyone and guess I have to find you there? Can I get it on my phone? Am I the last holdout? <sigh> 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    So has everyone moved to discord? The forum is mostly silent. I miss everyone and guess I have to find you there? Can I get it on my phone? Am I the last holdout? <sigh> 

You can get it on your phone, yup.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Am I the last holdout? <sigh> 
    i'm there with ya. but yeah, pretty sad how quiet it is around here. i usually feel like this when i post..

Empty Room GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Cory
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    i'm there with ya. but yeah, pretty sad how quiet it is around here. i usually feel like this when i post..

Quit being a party pooper and come to Discord, Grandpa. 
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

Finally made the move but not sure what all is happening. Trying to navigate. And find out where you cool kids hang. 

Dear god is patreon next!!!!
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

Finally made the move but not sure what all is happening. Trying to navigate. And find out where you cool kids hang. 

Come on in! I think I might’ve saw you. Red Octopus avatar? 
    cdrive said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

Come on in! I think I might’ve saw you. Red Octopus avatar? 
    That’s me! 
    cdrive