MiB is NOT William

edited November 2016 in Westworld
This may be an oversight as well as the fleshy bots. But this is just a HUGE plothole.

Episode 3, the stray.
- Dolores goes back to her ranch at night.
- Dolores sees her father laying on the ground.
- A Bandit grabs her. She sees the NEW Abernathy then glitches out and flashes back to see the OLD Peter Abernathy in his place.
- She glitches out again and comes back to the present timeline(we see a present-time male guest with long blonde hair).
- Bandit takes her to the barn.
- Bandit throws her to the ground. 
- Dolores finds a gun in the barn, It's an old gun. 
- Dolores points the gun at the Bandit. 
- Dolores glitches out and in place of the Bandit, she sees the MiB(in between timeline).
- Dolores fires the gun and kills MiB
- Timeline goes back to present-time and MiB is now the Bandit.

- Dolores runs to the house with gun in hand.
- 2nd Bandit shoots her in the stomach and we see Dolores bleed in present timeline.
- Dolores glitches out AGAIN and the scene rewinds to 5 seconds earlier.
- 2nd Bandit does NOT shoot Dolores right away. We don't see Dolores bleed nor do we see a gun wound. This is William's timeline.
- She runs away to find a horse and we see THE ORIGINAL PETER ABERNATHY on the ground. She gets away on horseback and does not get shot.
It's a half a second scene. You see Original Abernathy laying on the ground
Photo with 2x brightness

- Then, Dolores finds William and Logan.

Now, let's go back to Episode 1. Last 5 minutes we see naked Original Peter Abernathy. There, we get a timeline as to how long that host has been Peter Abernathy. Bernard says he's been Abernathy for 10 yrs, then a few yrs back he was a sheriff and prior to that, he was "the Professor" in a horror narrative.

This would make perfect sense for William to have only been in the park within the past 10 yrs.
It would explain the burried town.
It would explain Ford walking along the unfinished welcoming station, taking an elevator up to the park and walk towards the burried church where we see the new logo in place.
It would explain Ford's change in clothing color. We always see him wear BLACK until the elevator ride towards the burried church in episode 2.
It would explain the flesh hosts William encounters.
It would explain William not seeing Meave.
And most importantly, it would explain what happened in Episode 4 when Stubbs is notified that Dolores, the rancher's daughter, is going off-script. He send a host to get her back only to be rescued by William. Stubbs did not age much.

Unfinished train station with NEW logo and Ford's clothing is NOT black like in all 7 episodes. It's the only time he is not wearing black.

alexander.klassen

Comments

• If this ends up being true then I will slow clap for that amazing editing job. 

Also, not sure if it matters, but I think Delores grabs the gun off of the bandits holster. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I hope you are right, especially after all the effort!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Most of the time I hear/read people trying to disprove this theory or the multi-time periods theory, all they do is strengthen my belief that it's true.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited November 2016
    everyone wants to say "see!, I told you!" when the season is over, its not about appreciating the show, its about being right.
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    Having re-watched the series this weekend I'm leaning toward WILLIAM = MIB
  • While approaching Pariah, MiB and Teddy met the drivers who said "border closed, trouble in Pariah," and that trouble is William and Logan's dust-up with the Confederados? Hence not two timelines?
  • edited November 2016
    Oops, so much for that idea. (Photo)
  • TWO Timelines. How far back is yet to be decided since Dolores is one of the oldest hosts in the park.
    But the question remains:
    MiB: "I opened one of you up when the park first opened" and Logan's knife is MiB's actual knife.

Elisa
  • TWO Timelines. How far back is yet to be decided since Dolores is one of the oldest hosts in the park.

MiB: "I opened one of you up when the park first opened" and Logan's knife is MiB's actual knife.

William opened all the hosts in that camp up!
    Elisa

No. He just went on a killing spree. And the park didn't just open when William and Logan are in the park.

• everyone wants to say "see!, I told you!" when the season is over, its not about appreciating the show, its about being right.

To be fair, this show is begging to be analyzed and theorized about.
    Vasilnate1

No. He just went on a killing spree. And the park didn't just open when William and Logan are in the park.

he dosnt say , I opened one of you open when the park opened, he says " I opened one of you open once"
  • 'You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once, a million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you, made you this sad, little real mess, flesh and bone, just like us. They said it would improve the park experience."

he dosnt say , I opened one of you open when the park opened, he says " I opened one of you open once"
     "You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once, a million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you, made you this sad, little real mess, flesh and bone, just like us."
    It's up in the air. 
    No moles vs no blue eyes.
    Logan's knife vs William taking Logan's knife.
    Logan's visit to the park way before William stepped into the park.
    William's love for Dolores and hosts
    Logan wanting to experience deeper game by finding eastern eggs.

Heck, William ressembles Teddy more than the MiB

Vasilnate1

"You used to be beautiful. When this place started, I opened one of you up once, a million little perfect pieces. And then they changed you, made you this sad, little real mess, flesh and bone, just like us."
    It's up in the air. 
    No moles vs no blue eyes.
    Logan's knife vs William taking Logan's knife.
    Logan's visit to the park way before William stepped into the park.
    William's love for Dolores and hosts
    Logan wanting to experience deeper game by finding eastern eggs.

Heck, William ressembles Teddy more than the MiB

Im on board, I think I would appreciate the show more if William wasn't the MIB, but it seems we've been being spoon fed the whole time.  If for anything else, I hope Logan is MIB just so Joanna Robinson will be wrong
  • hahahha
    Yeah it's become too predictable.
    They still haven't explained the whole Slim exploding and becoming pieces of meat.
    If William and Logan are hosts and all their narratives are just loops I swear I'm done with this show hahaha
  • the Slim thing dosnt bother me at all.  they woudnt destroy a "real" Host just for a narrative plot.  I would be more wierded out if they did blow up a Host(Slim) because that would mean A Lasso had the ability to destroy park property, and probably means hes off his loop
This discussion has been closed.