3rd Annual Bald Move Fantasy Football League

Comments

• everyone. just hold a second. might be a technical difficulty on the link.
  • I'm getting the 404 thing
  • Dang are they stopping commissions entirely? It'd be sad if these were the last three they do; at least I'll get to choose 2/3. 

• FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    EMAW42 said:

Dang are they stopping commissions entirely? It'd be sad if these were the last three they do; at least I'll get to choose 2/3. 

I Dont think they stopped Commissions. i think they just put ordering them on hold till they catch up.
    KingKobra
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 2017
    Hey guys. Unfortunately there's a real chance we may need to cancel the leagues. The drafts are next week and I'm not comfortable going ahead without everything being all paid up and squared. The guys seem super busy and have been very nice trying to help us organise but I really don't want to push the guys too much given their workload. let's see if we can get everythinf squared in the next couple of days. But if not I'm going to cancel the leagues.

Thanks for your understanding
    Thomas
  • picorock80picorock80 San Bernardino Ca
    Understood
  • I don't know if any one else would be interested but even if we can't make the commissions happen I still would love to play in a league for fun.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited August 2017
    can we all shoot you money on venmo?  or like an escrow app

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2017
    For what it's worth, I'm in another league that uses leaguesafe for the entry fees. It's basically an escrow.
  • Yea. But if we use a third party they would take out fees and then we would have to raise the price and I'm also not comfortable without the money going straight to the guys.
  • You could figure out the math bump up the entry fee enough to cover what a third party would take out
  • PayPal & venmo don't charge fees if you flag as personal payments.

Also can we not pay directly through yahoo, or did they get rid of that?
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    If I could put in my two cents, I'm all for continuing the league even if we're not playing for a commission. I'd be down for whatever payment process you guys come up with. I understand wanting the money to somehow end up going towards the guys but if not, is it that much of a deal breaker?
    I guess I just like this community so much I'm willing to find a way to play.
    picorock80Hatorianmwspiak
  • Well we got a Week before the drafts. Let's see if the guys fix the issue.

Alternatively if everyone can promise they will pay no matter how bad they draft and if they lose week 1 then that gives us more time as well.

Vasilnate1Freddy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    count me in regardless. anthony munoz #1 pick!
    Pay now or later I will do
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA

Pay now or later I will do

same here
  • let's give the guys a couple more days to get things sorted and if not then figure out a plan B
  • I'm sure they don't want to just walk away from an extra grand of money. They are probably just Super busy with GOT
    Freddy
  • I promise to pay, in the name of the Old Gods and the New.
    picorock80
  • I'll pay whenever, we have a solid community and I trust everyone here, so I'm not concerned if we start without paying
  • I'll pay regardless
    I think we should continue the league and drafts and keep the draft dates. The season ends in December and that is plenty of time to pay up and I'm pretty The guys will set up a payment link by then. They appreciate this community and would probably hate to let us down. Also they were pretty quick to produce last year's winners so all the more reason to be patient and be an honest paying community member.

And @Hatorian thanks for setting up and managing the leagues. It's a thankless job and I hope it hasn't been too stressing for you brother.
    Hatorian
  • I think we should continue the league and drafts and keep the draft dates. The season ends in December and that is plenty of time to pay up and I'm pretty The guys will set up a payment link by then. They appreciate this community and would probably hate to let us down. Also they were pretty quick to produce last year's winners so all the more reason to be patient and be an honest paying community member.

And @Hatorian thanks for setting up and managing the leagues. It's a thankless job and I hope it hasn't been too stressing for you brother.

All good buddy. I don't mind. But I just really don't want to manage a third party payment system. That's where I sort of have to draw the line. I know it's not that big of s deal but I'd really rather not.
  • If the links ever start working I'll pay, but even if it never works out I'll still set my lineups and do the draft. 
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I'll pay no matter what. I'm in league 3 and my team is "Frasiers Sons"

I'm also still down for playing even if we don't end up playing for a commission. I was really looking forward to talking football with other baldies and being more involved in the community.
    Zombeaver13
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Just let us know if it's on for sure. If it just becomes a free league or gets cancelled I don't want to pay and then need a refund.

Also Yahoo does let you start league that would start week 2 or week 3...I know it's not ideal but it would give the guys 1 more week to figure it out.
  • mwspiak said:

Just let us know if it's on for sure. If it just becomes a free league or gets cancelled I don't want to pay and then need a refund.

Also Yahoo does let you start league that would start week 2 or week 3...I know it's not ideal but it would give the guys 1 more week to figure it out.

first game is 9/7 so maybe could push the drafts to 9/6, that would at least get us past the last week of full GoT coverage and perhaps make it easier for them to setup the payment links.
    mwspiakNoelFernNYC17EMAW42
  • Yep, I'm game to pay and play with whatever happens! Or game to just play for fun if it comes down to it!
  • And thanks for being a trooper @hatorian! I know this is a lot of work, and I know we all appreciate it!
    picorock80
This discussion has been closed.