Which fictional death affected you most? (Spoilers for everything ever)

DeeDee Adelaide
edited January 2018 in General
I feel like maybe we had this discussion a couple of years ago, but this popped up in my Twitter feed and we have a lot of new and newish people around now so why not do a reboot. Credit to the person who triggered this idea - some Canadanian dude with a blue tick, so I assume he’s a someone. 

Obviously, this thread will result in spoilers for various TV shows/movies/books/comics, so decide whether you want to risk it etc. 

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Oh, and for me - Richard Harrow.
    phoenyx1023gguenotDummy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @akritenbrink Hahaha, oh bless. 
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Oh wow, interesting question. 

I have two answers: Hershel on the Walking Dead and the other is a spoiler that I am not sure if it’s ok even now to talk about yet...

I hadn’t read any spoilers about Hershel (I always read spoilers, the spoiling dead army’s website is always dead-on) and he was my favorite character once they killed Dale. It was so shocking, the scene is burned into my brain. And just like that, *CHOP*, TWD was a whole new show (not for the better either) :(
    DeecdriveMofojones333MurderbearElisa
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @TaraC73 Hershel’s death got to me too. That was tough. :-(
    russkellyTaraC73Mofojones333
  • Dee said:
    Oh, and for me - Richard Harrow.

Yes. First name I thought when I saw the title of this thread. 
  • Harrow's death for sure. Such a great character.

Ned Stark was a big one, mainly from the shock of it.

Also, Frank Sobotka and Bodie from the Wire.  :'(
    Mofojones333[Deleted User]jeneteeElisa
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Dobby, Snape, Dumbledore, Fred Weasley, DAMNIT JK ROWLING I COULD GO ON AND ON.
    Murderbear
  • Jack in Titanic (I know... but give me a break - it was like 20 y ago and I was very young... :blush:  ) 

Red wedding:  Catelyn and Robb  - I was heartbroken, no strike that, I think I was actually completely devastated. That is still a scar on my soul....  :wink:

That is all I can think of for now, but I am sure there are more...  Damn tv shows and films, love to slap us with those sad deaths.... 
    russkellyMichelleMofojones333
  • If we're going by amount of tears... William from This Is Us. I was not super attached to the character, but his story was so interwoven with others I cry my eyes out every time.
    Second place probably going to Jack from Lost, and I hated Jack for the first five seasons! I guess it wasn't only his death but the ending of the whole story, and I was just choking on my tears.
    phoenyx1023MichelleMurderbearElisa
  • Frosty the Snowman

That poor little girl.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited January 2018
    My Girl. To this day I can’t even think about it without getting verklempt.  And it was the only time I’ve ever seen my Dad tear up in a theater.

Also when Old Dan dies in Where the Red Fern Grows. The teacher and our whole 4th grade classroom were balling our eyes out when we got to that part as we read the book aloud in class.  
    Michelle
  • I'd say Hodor.  I was a little depressed/sad after watching that episode.  I'd also say Wallace from The Wire and maybe even Bodie.
    Mofojones333Elisa
  • Dexter - Rita
    SchluppGredalBeeBrandonTheBard
  • Lori, I was so happy
    JoshuaHeterMichelleRenicdriveMurderbearElisa
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    edited January 2018
    Two different shows, but I think for me it's a tie between Wallace and Hodor.

:'( 
    Mofojones333Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited January 2018
    I agree with @Reni - William from This is Us.  I can't even begin to describe how beloved this character is and the many reasons why.  His death scene (with the amazing Sterling K Brown as his son) just brings all the tears.  I think it's safe to say that those of us who came to love his character felt like we, too, suffered a huge loss.

Runner-up would be Charlie from Lost.

@TaraC73 I know which one you're talking about that you didn't want to spoil.  I think that's going to break a lot of us. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    ReniTaraC73Elisa
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    for TV, Nate Fisher followed by the Six Feet Under finale montage.

now for film, off the top of my head.. King Mufasa (Lion King), John Coffey (Green Mile), and of course Ellie from Up cut me deep :'(
    Mofojones333cdriveGredalBeepicorock80amhatch
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Michelle said:
    I agree with @Reni - William from This is Us.  I can't even begin to describe how beloved this character is and the many reasons why.  His death scene (with the amazing Sterling K Brown as his son) just brings all the tears.  I think it's safe to say that those of us who came to love his character felt like we, too, suffered a huge loss.

Runner-up would be Charlie from Lost.

@TaraC73 I know which one you're talking about that you didn't want to spoil.  I think that's going to break a lot of us. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    CHARLIE!!! Yes.... yes yes yes :(

MichelleElisa
  • Richard Harrow is probably my number 1, but a close second is Hank from Breaking Bad. I had a full week knowing it probably wasn't going to go well, but I still felt kinda like Walt when it happened. 
  • Mofojones333Mofojones333 Fort Worth, Texas
    I have to agree with all of the above and definitely Ned Stark, the red wedding and Hodor are up there for me.
    MichelleElisa
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    John Coffey.
    No movie has ever made me cry (plenty have made me come close) but what they did to that poor man at the end of The Green Mile... I was tearing up. 
    ChinaskiMofojones333TaraC73GredalBee
  • Transformers the Movie - Optimus Prime
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    for TV, Nate Fisher followed by the Six Feet Under finale montage.

now for film, off the top of my head.. King Mufasa (Lion King), John Coffey (Green Mile), and of course Ellie from Up cut me deep :'(
    Nate Fisher.  Gahh that’s so good that should have been mine.  
    ChinaskiMofojones333
  • edited January 2018
    The Shield - Lem... it still gets me. That scene is friggin ridiculous. Walton Goggins does shine in that scene though.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    The Shield - Lem... it still gets me. That scene is friggin ridiculous. FUCK YOU SHANE.
    he gave him an exploding sandwich! cold blooded!
    [Deleted User]
  • I think I have to go with Dumbledore.  Honorable mention to Joss Whedon characters like Wash and Buffy's mom, Joan.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited January 2018
    Gwen Stacy in Ultimate Spider-Man #65. I actually felt sick. They built her up in the few episodes before, and then... after the initial shock I had to laugh. I thought it was great that I actually got so wrapped up in the story that it had a effect on me. I also liked that the writer(Brian Bendis) was willing to go that route. Definitely one of my favorite comic book moments.
    Aww_PHuuCk
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited January 2018
    @Murderbear ;said:
    I have never seen that episode but I kinda know what’s gonna happen. Won’t watch because it will wrek me. Just the thought of it gets me.

picorock80
This discussion has been closed.