Mr. Robot

ArctorArctor The Netherlands
edited May 2015 in Other TV
Trailer

(you can watch the entire pilot on their youtube channel as well!)

I just watched the pilot and I was very much impressed. Great music, enticing plot, unusual conflicted protagonist.

Really enjoyed it. It felt kind of like a movie, like watching Pi or the first half of The Matrix.
Elisaksa1001

Comments

• I may watch the pilot. Its such a weird name for a show. It almost turns me away. Does the name make sense after watching the pilot?

Funny story tho. USA kept running ads during commercial breaks for Monday Night RAW but they always appeared right before it went back to the live broadcast. I sincerely thought, for a while, it was promos for a new wrestler. The ads would only say "Mr Robot" and the title would apear on the screen. Thats it.

Then I saw the trailer a week or two ago during RAW and I had a good laugh at myself.

• ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    @Jovial_Falcon Yeah the name makes sense after episode 1 but it's not clear what it means in the context of the story yet. It's sort of a minor mystery connected to another mystery ;)

I think they called it Mr Robot because that term is both plot related and a derogative term you could use to describe the main character's personality.
  • It's on my list of new shows to check out.
  • I watched the pilot and loved it. Not a Christian Slater fan, but the lead actor is very good. I think this show has great potential. The DDOS attacks were shown much more realistically than you usually get in tv and movies. If the writing for this show continues to be as good as in the pilot, I am very much on board.
    Arctor
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    I watched the trailer for this and was hooked. I was very happy to see the first episode was already available and watched it immediately last night. Really liked it. The lead actor was really good as a child in a forgotten Michael Rappaport Fox sitcom we used to watch (he was also terrorist #22 in a random season of 24). 

@Arctor I feel like I missed the plot reason for the title of the show. Refresh my memory?
  • ArctorArctor The Netherlands
    @ksa1001 It's the logo on Slater's suit and the name of the hacker group.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX

ahhhh...thanks

I must have looked away, I just know he started using the term 1/2 way through.

This discussion has been closed.