- Last Active
Has Bald move given up on prestige tv?Teresa from Concord said:Just based on the fact that Yellowjackets is on Showtime and has much lower subscription numbers than HBO I’m surprised they’d cover it. I hear it’s a good show But most of the people I know haven’t seen it because they just don’t have showtime. Perhaps it should remain off the clock.Yeah, I hear Aron say this quite a bit. While I'm sure the stats back up that Showtime's greatest shows are not as great as HBO's greatest shows (Even if HBO can't end them properly), I still think Showtime has had some pretty good shows, well worth watching. I think what Showtime shows have suffered from is going on longer than they should. But there are still some good shows. Yellow Jackets as mentioned is definitely one (At least it's a definitive 5 seasons and not open ended, so they have a plan and so far I trust the creators). I thought Homeland was a great show. Again, it could have been shortened to 5 seasons and still have gotten the Job done, but that doesn't change how good the first handful of seasons were. Billions is well regarded, if you're into that world, The Good Lord Bird was a very good show, Dexter was really good (until as mentioned, it went on to long) and it was always intended to be campy, American Rust was also very good. Probably better than Mare of East town (Mare of East Town should have been called Red Herring of East Town), City on a Hill has been decent, The Loudest Voice was an incredible miniseries (BTW - Love Mini Series). Sure they haven't had a Mega Hit like GOT. But no one else has. I wouldn't base what I watch by the Network it's on, I would base it on it's quality. I listened to their review of Yellow Jackets and I really hope they stick with it. I wouldn't even mind a 3-4 Podcast recap of season 1, leading up to the season 2 premiere. Like covering 3-4 Episodes per Podcast. There is a lot happening in that show they could really dig deep into.
Bald Move Guitar & Gear Nerds!I am a retired guitar tech,that did all kinds of custom wiring and switching, mostly for Strats. I have a shitload of parts, tools for fret jobs, radius sanding boards for frets, Pots, Mega Switches, Custom Rotary switches, caps, knobs you name it I have it. Parts that I no longer have a need for, enough to open a guitar repair shop. If anyone is interested, let's talk firstname.lastname@example.org.
Raised By Wolves - Episode 4 & 5 (spoilers)I kind of like it. I feel like it's an extremely simple and common story that is being told in an intentionally confusing and convoluted way to keep us interested. That being said, I am extremely annoyed by the massive number of plot holes.
1. If the Necromancer's were as powerful as they are represented in this show, the war would have lasted 2 days at best, from the time they had them.
2. How can these androids eat some food and automatically know it's safe or not for human consumption, but not with other food. And how did they not know the "Carbos" were radioactive?
3. Why do the kids act their visible age, when they were awake and learning for the 13 years when on the ship? They should be more mature.
4. What if that prisoner with the helmet (Already doomed to death) just decided to headbutt someone?
5. Why did it take 12 years for them to notice the "Fruits" on the trees that are everywhere?
6. Why does someone with an IQ of 205 not understand Reverse Psychology?
7. When they entered the "Cave" of the yet unknown character, his first booby trap would only work and was perfectly designed for someone wearing a helmet over their face. Since the "Trip" wire was at EYE LEVEL!
8. Why was no one suspicious that Marcus was unfamiliar with that type of Helmet Imprisonment?
9. This is kind of like #1, but I see no reason the Necromancer can't just fly straight to the Sol Group and explode their brains with zero resistance.
10. Why does it seem like this planet was/is only inhabited by giant extinct snakes and Smeagol's and nothing else?
11. Finally, why do the Smeagol's taste like Pork and not Chicken?
I probably have 10 more, but I;'ll leave it at that. I do understand it's Science Fiction, otherwise it would just be called Science. But some of these gaps are quite large. But other than that, it's 100% fine and I actually want to see where it goes. I just hope it's a limited series and not endless. Despite the above, I am interested in seeing what happens to the Couple pretending to be member's of Sol and what happens if or when they are found out. I'm also curious as to why Campion is immune to Radiation.
Bald Move Guitar & Gear Nerds!jleav382 said:Lost my mexican stratocaster in a robbery back in 2012. Been yearning to pick up this hobby again, I was actually pretty good.
If you really like playing, I would go to a Pawn Shop and buy any playable guitar you can afford and keep at it. Meanwhile, slowly build you inventory a little at a time. Depending on your style, you don't really need much these days. It's not like the 80's where you needed tons of gear and huge amps.
You can now get by in most scenarios with a Good tube Amp, Guitar of your choice (Strat or Les Paul Style) and a couple of pedals and you're good to go for 90% of average gigging situations.